New Mighty No. 9 trailer release - 'Beat Them At Their Own Game'

MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png

A new Mighty No. 9 trailer has just been released a long with further detail of the game's launch later this year:

Deep Silver and Comcept today release a new (60 FPS) gameplay trailer for the upcoming side-scrolling action game and Kickstarter sensation, Mighty No. 9. In 'Beat Them At Their Own Game', the hero of the game, Beck, takes on the challenge of his eight mighty opponents and fights his way through ever-changing stages and epic boss fights. The video showcases the action that transforms the feel of 8 and 16-bit classics into a fresh modern-day classic.
Mighty No. 9 will be available on 15th September 2015 in the Americas and on 18th September 2015 worldwide as a digital download as well as physical retail version for PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One, PC, Linux and Mac & as well as digital only on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3. Portable versions for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS will follow at a later date.

Mighty No. 9 will support Cross-Buy across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

20150603_MN9_Screen_01.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_02.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_03.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_04.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_05.jpg

:arrow:Mighty No. 9 Official Site

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... all of the bitching from you guys about this game.... If you feel that you can organize the talent, get public support, handle a budget, perform the programming for several different systems, and then put it all together for less time and money?? Then do it and make this game look like bad . I feel this is a great looking game and has that good ol' fashion Mega Man feel. I think most of you are so use to that FPS crap that you can't appreciate a good platformer.

D

Deleted User

wow... all of the bitching from you guys about this game.... If you feel that you can organize the talent, get public support, handle a budget, perform the programming for several different systems, and then put it all together for less time and money?? Then do it and make this game look like bad . I feel this is a great looking game and has that good ol' fashion Mega Man feel. I think most of you are so use to that FPS crap that you can't appreciate a good platformer.
lmao, the only FPS I ever really play is TF2.
Anyways, with the money they got they should have been able to have at least slightly better 3D models, shading, et cetera.
I honestly think it looks great, and I imagine it will play well, too. But still, with the money they have...

Reactions: Hungry Friend

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makes me wonder if all the, "Kickstarter projects with the original creators" are doomed to be all hype and just a meh game.

The Yooka-Laylee project with former Rareware staff (I backed this one)
That Bloodstained game by the guy who was involved with Symphony of the Night
The Broken Age game by Tim Schafer.

At times, I feel like this is the equivalent of movies being released by a relatively unknown director but they slap RIGHT at the top of the poster "WITH ASSISTANT PRODUCER *insert famous guy".

Sometimes I feel like giving money to Kickstarter is just jumping on a bandwagon that has nostalgia as the bait. I'm actually a fool as well because I gave money to well known projects like Shantae and Yooka Laylee but all the other "indie platformers" I just ignore and wouldn't even give a buck or two.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Makes me wonder if all the, "Kickstarter projects with the original creators" are doomed to be all hype and just a meh game.

At times, I feel like this is the equivalent of movies being released by a relatively unknown director but they slap RIGHT at the top of the poster "WITH ASSISTANT PRODUCER *insert famous guy".

Sometimes I feel like giving money to Kickstarter is just jumping on a bandwagon that has nostalgia as the bait. I'm actually a fool as well because I gave money to well known projects like Shantae and Yooka Laylee but all the other "indie platformers" I just ignore and wouldn't even give a buck or two.
I kinda wonder that too.
I also backed Yooka-Laylee, (I backed enough to get it on Steam) and I'm kinda worried that it'll end up kinda lame. I mean, I have a feeling it won't be lame, but the fear that it will be lame outweighs the thought of it being great. I also kinda had that worry with Mighty No. 9 when I saw the Kickstarter go up back when I thought Megaman was the best game series ever.
I also ignore indie games as well, and I don't even really know why I do. I guess it's partially because I don't really even run into Kickstarters for indie games I may like.

Reactions: Hungry Friend

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I kinda wonder that too.
I also backed Yooka-Laylee, (I backed enough to get it on Steam) and I'm kinda worried that it'll end up kinda lame. I mean, I have a feeling it won't be lame, but the fear that it will be lame outweighs the thought of it being great. I also kinda had that worry with Mighty No. 9 when I saw the Kickstarter go up back when I thought Megaman was the best game series ever.
I also ignore indie games as well, and I don't even really know why I do. I guess it's partially because I don't really even run into Kickstarters for indie games I may like.
Don't worry. You're not missing much.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There needs to be a MGS collaboration DLC where you date Metal Gears.
Other than that wish the title of the game used the german ä (Panzermädels). It war hard to read it for me at first.
Be on the look out for Hideo Kojima's new Kickstarter, "MY METAL GEAR CAN'T BE THIS CUTE". I'll back it... and then be disappointed.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, this game was made possible by donations and it's incredibly dishonorable and underhanded for it to have day 1 DLC. People gave money to these people and they're telling their benefactors to eat a dick, morally speaking. The graphics/gameplay look fine as I'm not too picky about that stuff, and I'd be totally cool with it if it weren't for the DLC scams.

D

Deleted User

Well, this game was made possible by donations and it's incredibly dishonorable and underhanded for it to have day 1 DLC. People gave money to these people and they're telling their benefactors to eat a dick, morally speaking.
I agree. When it comes to stuff that's funded like that, and gets way more money than what was originally needed, giving day-one DLC is fucking stupid, unless it's free and not on-disc, and is just meant to be a kinda optional thing. But it's not. And I highly doubt they'd make it free.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the atrociously stupid, "If you can't make it, then shut the fuck up, you can't criticize," argument. You most certainly can criticize something without being able to make it. Just because I don't know how to make chocolate doesn't mean I don't know the difference between chocolate and shit.

This is the obligatory part where I remind you of Shovel Knight, and how fucking eternally awesome it is! :P

D

Deleted User

Ah yes, the atrociously stupid, "If you can't make it, then shut the fuck up, you can't criticize," argument. You most certainly can criticize something without being able to make it. Just because I don't know how to make chocolate doesn't mean I don't know the difference between chocolate and shit.

This is the obligatory part where I remind you of Shovel Knight, and how fucking eternally awesome it is! :P
I fucking hate when people use that argument.

I've never played Shovel Knight, only seen people play it. I can tell it's pretty great though, and I wish I had supported it. I mean, technically I still can, since I can buy it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, making assumptions about the types of games we play because we're pointing out legitimate problems with the game is rather silly and a bad attempt to box us in/stereotype us for complaining.(played lots of MM games in the late 80s-early 90s, especially MM2 & X1) My only issue is the DLC, and while the graphics could be better I'm fine with them and if it weren't for the revolting DLC nonsense I would buy this game. I'm boycotting it on principle, and I've missed a ton of otherwise great games because I boycott games with day 1/on disc DLC and/or microtrans bullshit. Expansion packs are cool but taking shit out of a game that regular people funded and trying to nickel and dime the very people that payed for your project is LOW.

There is no way to defend that, period.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never played Shovel Knight, only seen people play it. I can tell it's pretty great though, and I wish I had supported it. I mean, technically I still can, since I can buy it.
I strongly recommend it. Even if 2D platformers aren't really your "thing," Shovel Knight is a perfect gateway if you want to get into them. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of my personal GotYs last year. And I'm playing it for, like, the 7th or 8th time right now. I never get bored of it. And there's so much free DLC on the way, beyond just what's already in the game. How this game flew completely under my radar until it came out is beyond me.
Also, making assumptions about the types of games we play because we're pointing out legitimate problems with the game is rather silly and a bad attempt to box us in/stereotype us for complaining.(played lots of MM games in the late 80s-early 90s, especially MM2 & X1) My only issue is the DLC, and while the graphics could be better I'm fine with them and if it weren't for the revolting DLC nonsense I would buy this game. I'm boycotting it on principle, and I've missed a ton of otherwise great games because I boycott games with day 1/on disc DLC and/or microtrans bullshit. Expansion packs are cool but taking shit out of a game that regular people funded and trying to nickel and dime the very people that payed for your project is LOW.

There is no way to defend that, period.
Wait, even the BACKERS have to pay for the DLC? Fucking seriously?

D

Deleted User

I strongly recommend it. Even if 2D platformers aren't really your "thing," Shovel Knight is a perfect gateway if you want to get into them. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of my personal GotYs last year. And I'm playing it for, like, the 7th or 8th time right now. I never get bored of it. And there's so much free DLC on the way, beyond just what's already in the game.
I've been planning on buying it for a while now, I just forget when I actually have money on my eShop account to buy it.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been planning on buying it for a while now, I just forget when I actually have money on my eShop account to buy it.
I don't want to derail this thread any further, so this'll be my last comment on Shovel Knight, I promise. :P

All versions of the game I've played are great (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita, PC), but I personally recommend the 3DS version because the 3D effect is really that good. It's got a great diorama effect, and I've counted up to 7 or 8 "layers" of dioramic 3D in many sequences of the game. It looks gorgeous. Then again, I'm big on the 3D feature, so that might not mean much to everyone. Playing it on a big screen in 1080p is nice too, and the 3DS version isn't getting the "battle mode" DLC that other versions are getting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: