Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Havn't got time to reply to any comments, but a bit of interesting news is that the Neo2 will be able to hold games for other machines like N64, SNES, Genesis/MegaDrive. You will be able to plug the GBA cart into cart adaptors for these machines and play the said game on it's respective console (e.g. play a SNES game written on the Neo 2 on a SNES via a cartridge adaptor). It's all very interesting stuff... =).

Check out www.neoflash.com for more info.

smile.gif

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I do notice that Neo has a bunch of products, and super busy on making future products.

Also, I use to snoop around the Neo forum, and notice they are always having problems, and are like telling each other "wait for this new product coming out from Neo, it'll be better!" or "Ok new patcher to fix roms - please list games that work or don't work".

It seems as if Neo doesn't test his products thoroughly, and let's people buy them to use them as guinea pigs so they can TELL HIM what works or not.

I gave up reading his forums as all his threads are "new product coming SOON" constantly.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up Darkforce....that is interesting....again the company name scares me on getting my hopes up but this could be really cool. Hopefully a NES cart too as I would love to have one with the new wireless NES that came out. Problem is I will have to wait at LEAST 6 months before even bothering with this company again in an effort to see if anyone out there can actually vouche for the product that isn't endorsed by Neo or a first time cart buyer. The sad thing is these guys paved the way for the scene with the NeoFlash so they SHOULD be the leaders in the market however they are the worst company out there. Take a look at this:
Neo: We made a GBA Flash Kit that plays DS roms
Us: It doesn't work right
G6, M3, SuperCard, EZ-Flash: We made it work
NeoFlash: Shit well let's bail on this and work on a DS loading flash cart instead of fixing NeoFlash
Us: We have been waiting a YEAR....um Still doesn't work? (Unless I install flash me)
Neoflash: Shit we give up....how bout a GBA flash cart that hooks up to your SNES?
Me: That is a killer idea....but your products are expensive, no doubt now I will need to buy a SNES, NES, N64, and Sega adapter which will be expensive....then 2 weeks later when it doesn't save my games.....wait wait, how bout after owning the product for a month with no software STILL OUT...you say here buy the Neo3. Its been a 2 year ordeal and I have a bad taste in my mouth so I will watch this one from afar. Hopefully someone at GBATemp who is an experienced tester can give us the low down on this BEFORE poor kids waste more money on a shoddy prodict

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Neo's claims are true this time, then you should be able to do single cart hosting with ROMS (no patching required).

Kind of stupid to come with 3 cartridges 256Mbit, 512Mbit, 1024Mbit, though.
Wtf am I going to do with the 256Mbit? Heck, or the 512, or the 1024. People are finding it hard as it is to justify the 4Gbit G6. Neo think they have a chance because...?

Don't get me started on the fact that it uses lesser storage and still manages to stick out of the DS Lite.

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Filthy. At least there's a skin directory. =P

I hope they test the - SUPPORTS CLEAM ROMS (NO PATCHING, 100% COMPATIBLITY). I'm keen to see if the roms can do single-cart hosting to non-flashed DS'es.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they cart adapters work well enough and they support the Neo2-SD, then it is something I would consider. At least for SNES, seeing how I don't have a genesis or N64 anymore. Of course I will never buy a product from them until extensive testing has been done by somebody else.

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neo2 gets new nicer looking menus:

neo3_menu_photo_1.JPG

neo3_menu_photo_3.JPG

and neo3 is announced which is basically a neo2 without gba support:

QUOTE said:
NEO3 = NEO2 reduce the GBA game function,will sell at a crazy price,support full speed clean rom directly.

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NEO2-TF and NEO2-Lite are both ready to be shipped: http://neoflash.com/
but i actually doubt that anybody is stupid enough to buy these ridiculously overpriced and ugly products!
dry.gif

NEO2_Lite_Retail01.JPG

NEO2_TF05.JPG

NEO2_TF06.JPG

NEO2_TF08.JPG

they claim to support clean roms without patching. saving is done via MK4-Mini, so other nopass solution probably won't work...
one interesting thing is the little IR remote you can see on the top of the MicroSD version...

Zythie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Neo Flash is really smart. EVERYONE wants to have an attractive, flush fitting solution and they come out with this crap. What is the point of the exposed pcb? To makes it look ugly and make it easy as hell to break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!