Hardware Is it normal for the Switch Lite image be so crunchy?

kewpiebot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I bought a Switch Lite and I was surprised to notice that the image quality seemed a little jagged at the edges, "crunchy". Seeing some other people play on the switch lite on youtube, theirs seemed generally smoother so I don't know if mine has an issue or something? Im providing a few screenshots below (open the images at full res, they look cronchy like this on the console too)

Thanks in advance!

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be a matter of the format screenshots are saved in - jpeg is known for compression
But it could also just be the fact the Switch Lite outputs to 720p only, since the screen is that resolution.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Two factors the compression as mentioned above and also that lack of anti aliasing. For some reason Scarlet and Violet and Legends Arceus don't use any AA leading to lots of jaggies. It's worse for the latter because it tends to render below 720p and due to the more 'realistic' texture artstyle compared to Legends Arceus.

Reactions: Kitocco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...