dry.gif

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The neoflash team is too busy at making too many new different devices and don't even bother at updating thier "old" ones... That's not a good commercial strategy. They were innovating with MagicKeys but I think this one will be a total failure (considering the others lite flashkit).

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Helmut hit it on the head. They are like Buy the Neoflash.....wait that doesn't work....hmmm buy the Neo2005 or whatever the second card is called (I'm not getting up) Then they are like ...crap...here buy this MK3 and yes the 512 is a huge joke unless this thing cost like 20 bucks...then I might concider it just for my collection

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, now it gets interesting:

- only the TF part is sticking out
- comes in three different colors
- SUPPORTS CLEAM ROMS (NO PATCHING, 100% COMPATIBLITY)
ohmy.gif

- 256M flash, 128M ram
- rom compression supported

(source: yyjoy.com, neoflash.com)

That sounds pretty impressing... but I won't believe it until its out... after all it's from NEOFLASH
unsure.gif

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No patching and 100% compatibility... Well, let's hope it.
Remember the MK2/3 episode, they were supposed to be the perfect solution for homebrew, as a result, stylus don't even work in some homebrew.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see, wonder who came up with that... jeez surely you would have to hold the ds upside down above you're head to siwtch TV channels ..LOL

still, some might find it handy

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll sit back and wait for the reviews. Personally, I don't expect to hear anythign but profanity from those who dare buy these. Don't misunderstand me, I hope they finally get their act together. It's just that history dictates that these will bomb worse than Paris Hilton doing anything.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, sounds pretty interesting. There will even be an SD version for those who don't mind the cart sticking out more or have a normal DS.

The MK2/3 wasn't a bad device all in all. By running the games from the GBA slot with the NEO2 as opposed to the NDS slot and including a buffer it sounds like they will have sorted out any slowdown issues. As for compatibility I don't quite understand how there won't be a need to patch games this time round, as they're being loaded from the GBA slot... maybe it is done real time on the cart or something, either way it's pretty interesting stuff. NeoFlash never stated the MK2/3 had 100% compatibility anyways (actual compatibility was probably only about 60%), so if they are stating the NEO2 has 100% compatibility then I have it in good faith that is the case (wishful thinking!), but I guess we'll just have to see. =)

Got a feeling it'll be quite expensive though. >_>

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
according to yyjoy.com the NEO2 Lite will come out in ~ 3 weeks, NEO2 TF and SD will be available in 3-4 weeks! the NEO2 Lite is intended for the low-end market and therefore will propably be pretty cheap...

first pics of the SD version (which also takes RS-MMC cards, the color is see-through black):

neo2-SD_1.JPG

neo2-SD_2.JPG

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
new pics of the NEO2-Lite (exchangeable GBA-sized cover is included):

Neo_Lite_retail_02.JPG

Neo_Lite_retail_04.JPG

Neo_Lite_retail_05.JPG

Neo_Lite_retail_09.JPG

Neo_Lite_retail_11.JPG

looks pretty crappy and cheap... and the sizes (256, 512, 1024 Mbit) are still ridiculous...
mad.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly this "company" has a lot of PR work to do. They have seriously screwed every one of their customer time and time again. Who would buy this when there is a 99% chance that there will be a problem and the Neoteam will just say "okay buy a new CART" to fix the problem. Worst customer support EVER and I think the company is a joke. If this cart works they should just release the 1Gb version for like 10 bucks to show the community that their product actually works. And yes they need to stop dicking around with 256,512....shit even 1gb versions....come on now....give away the 1Gb versions and sell the 8Gb version....that's my advice....

sirdaver

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
give away the 1Gb versions and sell the 8Gb version....that's my advice....

Bad advice. Remind me not to take anything you say seriously 'HugeCock'.

I think the pics look pretty interesting. Nice to see the DS Lite sized cart competition heating up. Increased competition = better products = good for the consumer.

Thanks for the updated info TheShaolinMonk!

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you talking about sirdaver?
I have the NEOFlash, I have the MK2 and MK3 and all are shitty products that don't do what they say they promised they would. My SuperCard, M3, M3 Mini, G6, G6 Lite, EZ-Flash II....shit you know what even my EZ-Flash III and EFA are all better then the NEOCrap I have purchased in the past. Due to the companies terrible history of CUSTOMER NEGLECT at this point there is no way I would EVER concider this product. How is it bad advice? Here is a break down of NEO's history with me:

Neo: Check out our product
Me: /buys it
Me: wait it doesnt do what you guys said it will do
(4 months later)
Okay we cant fix the problem so please buy this cart instead
Me: okay
Me: Wait there is no software for it?
Neo: Please wait
(3 months later)
Neo: It's still buggy but maybe this will hold you over?
Me: You guys f'in suck
Neo: Okay here buy this cart instead
me: I see a pattern.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5