Homebrew Need some clarification with NTR CFW and using a WiFi Hotspot. N3DSXL.

Ki18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I'm running A8LH with Luma 6.6 and everything is up to date. I have a WiFi Dongle connected to my PC which I have turned into a hotspot as per the guide here: http://www.technicalnotes.org/create-wi-fi-hotspot-in-windows-10-using-command-prompt/.

My issue is that when my 3DS is connected to the router like my PC is, I can connect using kit-kat perfectly fine, but I want to use my WiFi Dongle to help improve FPS etc. When I connect my 3DS to the Hotspot and press connect in kit-kat, I get this:

25de48806c4544e692c9341c212d333d.png

Am I correct in saying I want my PC (which is hardwired) to my router and my 3DS to be going to the hotspot? While connected to the hotspot I can connect to the internet, yet when trying to run via kit-kat, I have no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Ki18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Ki18 Load up HBL, then press Y. Your 3DS' local IP is there

This whole time I've been using an IP that differs to the one in HBL when I've been connected direct to the router.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Ki18 Load up HBL, then press Y. Your 3DS' local IP is there

You're the fucking man. Thank you very much.

Ki18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It was a joke on the word "NTR" as it has another meaning. That's why I said to google it. Regardless no worries man.

Holy shit sorry man. I didn't even realise that was a thing. Having now found it on Urban Dictionary I say fair enough and I was in the wrong. I honest to God thought you literally just meaning "use Google" and that was that and yeah, I don't think many people get good responses to that lol.

images

Please accept my peace offering :)

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1