3DS won't connect to router wifi (but will connect to mobile hotspots)

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When i first got this 3DS XL, it used to connect to the wifi normally, plug and play, it was around 5 years ago. Now when i try to connect it to any wifi, it just won't work.
I tried to connect both manually and automatically to the wifi, but it won't connect, when it goes through the connection test it fails connecting to the router itself. BUT when i connect to a mobile hotspot, it almost immediatelly works. It connects to the router AND to the internet.
I thought it could maybe be something to do with the hardware, the wifi chip (or whatever the heck is in the console that connects to the internet) is outdated and simply won't work with modern routers. Could this make any sense? I've never seen anyone with the same problem... not even here in the GBAtemp.

Anyway, here's the router specs:

- Security: WPA2-SPK
- Connection type: PPoEv6
- "LAN IPV6": AUTO
- "Prefix LAN IPV6": AUTO
- "DHCP IPV6: Enable
- "DHCP IIPV6 type": AUTO
- "DNS IPV6": AUTO

The DNS IPV6 is blank, there is none it seems... I don't know if any one these informations are useful, but i'll leave it here anyway.
And yes, i followed all of the router specs on the manual IP configuration on the 3DS.

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The OS on 3DS doesn't support IPv6. If your connection is IPv6 only (no dual stack) it won't work.
How can i know if my router is dual stack?
The 3DS use

Nintendo 3DS2.4 GHz802.11b, 802.11gWEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
Well, everything checks

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to select the 2.4 ghz network, of your router/ network, when finding it on your 3DS. That's how mine works.
Screenshot 2023-02-21 140647.png

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What router is it?
It's a Multilaser AC1200
You will have to select the 2.4 ghz network, of your router/ network, when finding it on your 3DS. That's how mine works.
View attachment 354706
Still won't work, that's exactly what i've been doing. The 3DS cannot even find the 5.0GHz connection actually lol...
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 354706
The 3DS does connect to the 2.4GHz connection hotspot, but not to the router itself

• Sad
Reactions: BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Multilaser AC1200

Still won't work, that's exactly what i've been doing. The 3DS cannot even find the 5.0GHz connection actually lol...
Post automatically merged:

The 3DS does connect to the 2.4GHz connection hotspot, but not to the router itself

1677007574302.png

Should be under the wifi section.

Reactions: BigOnYa

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
How can i know if my router is dual stack?
It's not something about your router but what your internet provider offers. Most western countries have dual stack or dual stack lite which both work. I heard that some third world contries only got IPv6 unfortunately.

I don't know your router so no idea where to look for to check if you got IPv4 at all.

• Angry
Reactions: caipora

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AYO THAT'S EXACTLY THE ONE
How the fuc--
Well, could you do a little step by step guide for me?? uwu just a dumb clueless noob

I google the model, I found the picture, you have to look at the second tab on the picture I believe, probably not the first tab.

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I google the model, I found the picture, you have to look at the second tab on the picture I believe, probably not the first tab.
Oh i thought you had discovered something that i did not... but yeah, i did everything i could already. This router only supports IPV6.
I heard that some third world contries only got IPv6 unfortunately.
Godammit >:-(

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AYO THAT'S EXACTLY THE ONE
How the fuc--
Well, could you do a little step by step guide for me?? uwu just a dumb clueless noob
Read the paper work/ instructions that came with the router. You will need to log in to your router by using a pc and internet explorer, with an ip address. ex: 192.168.1.56. There should be instructions on how to do this inside the paper that came with router.

caipora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Read the paper work/ instructions that came with the router. You will need to log in to your router by using a pc and internet explorer, with an ip address. ex: 192.168.1.56. There should be instructions on how to do this inside the paper that came with router.
I've got no idea where this things are, i'll look for them but i think i'll just stick to the hotspot, way too much trouble...
But i do think i only have access to IPV6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto