Need Help with my WiiU

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wasn't even aware you can set it to only show video on the gamepad and not the TV. Are you sure that's even a thing?

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
last time used was in 2019 not sure when, but if it has any software installed I am pretty sure it could be 5.5.4 or less
Post automatically merged:

I wasn't even aware you can set it to only show video on the gamepad and not the TV. Are you sure that's even a thing?
Yes I am sure because my TV at that time changed to the input automatically, and I did not want to disturb anyone

UDPIH will probably not work in your car, so it's very likely you have to solder. Either defuse or NAND-AID and dumping the eMMC in hardware
I think then I need to take it to some repair shop I don't have the tools to solder it

Last edited by xesdemitri,

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello Again I tried UDPIH but my consolei still shows nothing, I also tried the alternate version of the "recovery menu" that works with WiiU that does not show image on the screen in my case only shows an image that resemble "static" is there any chance that I am making some mistake? or it is probably that I have to do de-fuse?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's on the TV isn't important. Important is, that the led turns purple.
If the fronts are corrupted then the recovery menu won't show on the display, but it will still work

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UDPIH will probably not work in your car, so it's very likely you have to solder. Either defuse or NAND-AID and dumping the eMMC in hardware
You were right, now which option do you recommend, "DEFUSE" or "NAND-AID? Like I said earlier, already got the raspberry pico.

What's on the TV isn't important. Important is, that the led turns purple.
If the fronts are corrupted then the recovery menu won't show on the display, but it will still work
There is a 4:3 white screen with a lot of random pixels on it, the LED turns purple, I tried to do the dump following the menu on several sites to guide me, but it did not work, I will take a phone of the screen later today I missed it last time I tied to do it, I don't know if that matters but the SD Card was an SDHC

Do you know when it was last used or what the installed firmware is?
The last time I used was around the end 2018 or may be at the beginning of 2019. Around April or may that year I put it in its box, but I did not play it again (lack of time), it should have installed automatically the latest version at that time.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a 4:3 white screen with a lot of random pixels on it, the LED turns purple

That means that UDPIH is working. If you use the recovery linked in any of the tutorials, it should also have a patch which prevents crashing.
I would recommend you first try to install ISFShax.

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That means that UDPIH is working. If you use the recovery linked in any of the tutorials, it should also have a patch which prevents crashing.
Alright i will try later today, and send you also the picture of the pixel screen in case needed

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am in the ISFShax menu I already Dump SEEPROM & OTP, Dump SLC.RAW and Dump Sys crash logs

Choosing display crash log it shows me this message: wiiu iospanic(): illegal instruction:tid=32,pid=0,pc=0x27f0023c,sp=0x

I installed ISFSHax, and backed up the SLC file, I believe I should install Tiramisu now

I believe i am doing something wrong, the console stops at the point in the image after I select Patch (sd) and boot IOS (slc) @SDIO a little help?

is it normal that the MLC and SD Card shuts down?

Attachments

• photo1704894176.jpeg
    photo1704894176.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: SDIO

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you show the crash log? And also try downloading and copying the ios_plugins again to the SD, maybe one of them got corrupted.

Also you don't have the lastest OSv10 installed. You can also use JNUS to download the latest OSv10 title 000500101000400A and take the fw.img from that, rename it to ios_orig.img, put it on the SD and chose the minute entry to boot that. Maybe a patch doesn't line up with the old IOSU and causes the illegal instruction crash.

Also make sure all the wireless modules are connected.

Also check if it writes new logs, to make sure we are not just seeing an old unrelated log.

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you show the crash log? And also try downloading and copying the ios_plugins again to the SD, maybe one of them got corrupted.
I tried to download all the plugins again same thing, here are the logs, meanwhile I will try to download the latest iosu version

Also make sure all the wireless modules are connected.
I am not using the same hotspot, I have not the one used before

Also check if it writes new logs, to make sure we are not just seeing an old unrelated log.

How do I know that?

Attachments

• logs.zip
    184.9 KB · Views: 8

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am not using the same hotspot, I have not the one used before
I mean the 3 wireless modules of the Wii U, attached to the Mainboard (BT, 2.4GHz Wifi, 5GHz DRC)

If I look at the latest log (41.log) I see that it is crashing because of corruption on the mlc:
Code:
00:00:05:468: FSA: ### DATA CORRUPTION ERROR ###, dev:mlc01, err:-1245211, cmd:25, path:/sys/title/0005001b/10050000/code/app.xml
00:00:05:559: FSA: ### DATA CORRUPTION ERROR ###, dev:mlc01, err:-1245211, cmd:25, path:/sys/title/0005001b/10058000/code/app.xml

How do I know that?
Try to boot again, then dump logs again and see if it wrote a new one

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean the 3 wireless modules of the Wii U, attached to the Mainboard (BT, 2.4GHz Wifi, 5GHz DRC)
I have not opened it yet

Try to boot again, then dump logs again and see if it wrote a new one
attached the new ones

If I look at the latest log (41.log) I see that it is crashing because of corruption on the mlc
I imagine that I can delete it from back up and restore, at this point it does not matter about the games and files on it, if I am able to make it work again that's fine even if I add a CFW which I believe would be the option

Attachments

• logs.zip
    221.8 KB · Views: 8

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also you don't have the lastest OSv10 installed. You can also use JNUS to download the latest OSv10 title 000500101000400A and take the fw.img from that, rename it to ios_orig.img, put it on the SD and chose the minute entry to boot that. Maybe a patch doesn't line up with the old IOSU and causes the illegal instruction crash.
I have not tested this yet, I wan to confirm with you if this is the right OS because my console is US

-UPDATE- I tried to patch sd and boot ios_orig.img same thing, so I will try doing redNAND, thing is I do not have an extreme SD however I will give it a shot

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The OS is not region dependent. But the OS isn't your problem anyway. As I already said the failing eMMC is your problem

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah it crashes because of the MLC error.
So either replace the eMMC, you can ask @V10lator for a NAND-AID or you can use redNAND
One question can I try this first and then change the destination to an ssd? Or a more robust sd ie an extreme one? Also currently I am only testing with a 64 gb sd so if it works I will update to have an ssd, don't know if it worth it yet...

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or a more robust sd ie an extreme one?
SanDisk Max Endurance cards should last longer than your SLC, so live longer than your Wii U, and aren't that expensive.

//EDIT: For switching later: you can either do a raw 1:1 copy to a same size storage medium or reformat on a different size one.

xesdemitri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SanDisk Max Endurance cards should last longer than your SLC, so live longer than your Wii U, and aren't that expensive.

//EDIT: For switching later: you can either do a raw 1:1 copy to a same size storage medium or reformat on a different size one.

Hello Thanks for the info like I said I need to test if it comes to life with the regular SD that I already have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...