Hacking NDSi arrived

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure people will find a way around to make flashcarts work. unless the DSi is that advanced to prevent any kind of pirating. which i doubt.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
im pretty sure people will find a way around to make flashcarts work. unless the DSi is that advanced to prevent any kind of pirating. which i doubt.
Don't put it past Nintendo, they have started work on the DSi in 2006 so they have had a couple years to add anti-piracy measures to the DSi. Also they locked down the DSi that some normal games are having problems running on the DSi. Some game developers are having trouble getting their games which work perfectly fine on the DS to work on the DSi, so going by that, theres a chance not all DS games will work on the DSi.

http://kotaku.com/5070740/developer-says-d...ar-as-you-think

If the DSi is using digital signatures, it may be near impossible to hack it. Heck, Download Play is using RSA digital signatures on the DS and as yet, no one has found a way to hack it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narin said:
tinymonkeyt said:
Don't put it past Nintendo, they have started work on the DSi in 2006 so they have had a couple years to add anti-piracy measures to the DSi. Also they locked down the DSi that some normal games are having problems running on the DSi. Some game developers are having trouble getting their games which work perfectly fine on the DS to work on the DSi, so going by that, theres a chance not all DS games will work on the DSi.
Wow, that seems like a massive downside! If I can't use my flashcarts I wouldn't really mind (I'll buy a new one later
rolleyes.gif
) but I want to play my original games!

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don't think i will purchase the DSi since there is a lack of the gba-slot, many features i won't use (woohoo - it has 2 crappy cameras and it can play MP3´s!!!) and a higher price compared to the DSL - i'd rather get a second DSL as a backup unit...

€dit: spelling

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B4N5H33 said:
i don't think i will purchase the DSi since there is a lack of the gba-slot, many features i won't use (woohoo - it has 2 crappy cameras and it can play MP3´s!!!) and a higher price compared to the DSL - i'd rather get a second DSL as a backup unit...

€dit: spelling
Actually, I don't even think it can play MP3. I believe the only format it was said to be able to play was AAC or something.
frown.gif

Anyways, never intended to get this and certainly won't now.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why dont they release DSvision in US for DSware and music playback?
Then release a DS camera that goes into the GBA slot?
Because they desperately want money!

tinymonkeyt said:
Probably there will be custom firmwares.
wink.gif
Think PSP
Narin said:
QUOTE(tinymonkeyt @ Oct 31 2008, 02:54 AM) im pretty sure people will find a way around to make flashcarts work. unless the DSi is that advanced to prevent any kind of pirating. which i doubt.

They epicly phailed.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
no sdhc as far as i know. an no one even knows if u will be able to load roms off the sd slot. stop predicting something you dont even know will happen.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
So, is it confirmed All Flashkarts dont work?? What about cyclo.. The cyclops team said they would look into it??

DSI looks nice.. Will wait for the Aussie release though..
smile.gif

Ohh, and will games just keep on being released.. As its just a revamp, the DSI, I guess all DS games are the same..?? Apart from the special releases which will come soon.. And will they work on DS Lite??

Sorry for all the questions.. They have probably all been asked already..
tongue.gif

mrchew

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DieForIt said:
B-Blue said:
Guys, can't you see?
You don't need a flashcarts anymore, just download the rom, transfer it to you sd card and play.

ph34r.gif
But is DSi compactible with 4GB SD cards?
ph34r.gif
NeoGAF indicates that the Nintendo DSi does officially support SDHC, unlike the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean if someone offered me billions for something lol