White Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
charlieiscool12 said:
UltraMagnus said:
people have called pretty much everything "unhackable" at one point, you know what happened? it got hacked, and people stopped calling it unhackable then....

true... don't forget the titanic...

DSi will have firmware updates???

that would make it a big hassle for flash card makers.... *hugs DS lite*

i d my psp because of those firmware updates....

I doubt there would be firmware updates to the DSi. This would mean that all flash carts would need to add more space for a firmware upgrade. On the DS where more space directly equates to increased costs for the cartridge, I doubtful Nintendo would force this especially since they have 3 divergent models (phat, DS, DSi) in their ecosystem.

I think they might do so for their next major model. Since they now have some experience with the Wii in terms of distributing firmware updates.

As a side note, reading these Japanese forums is a real pain in the ass
tongue.gif

You don't get it, Nintendo likes screwing people. With updatable firmware they can add new features and fix system bugs without putting out a new system, saving them a lot of money in development costs. And sticking it to flashcart makers and homebrewers is an added bonus. They have everything to gain from doing it. And if they weren't why put a region lock in? Only thing a region lock on a game system is good for is preventing you from getting your system bricked by a foreign update.

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
I doubt there would be firmware updates to the DSi. This would mean that all flash carts would need to add more space for a firmware upgrade. On the DS where more space directly equates to increased costs for the cartridge, I doubtful Nintendo would force this especially since they have 3 divergent models (phat, DS, DSi) in their ecosystem.

I think they might do so for their next major model. Since they now have some experience with the Wii in terms of distributing firmware updates.

As a side note, reading these Japanese forums is a real pain in the ass
tongue.gif

There are firmware updates, just like with the Wii. You need to update just to use the DSi Shop, and that's straight out of the box. Puts me in mind of a reminder from Nintendo that yes, there are firmware updates, and yes, they will hold the good things at ransom for it.

user1690

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm that link looks good. i had a little look, seems possible. but as others have said, what happens when the DSi firmware looks for hardware thats missing? (I.E the camera) I suppose if someone dumped the DSi firmware and edited it SOMEHOW you could have a new DS/DSlite firmware that has only certain features like DSWare. or something :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up