Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:
Maybe the american version of the DSi wont be as ba d...i mean honestly what are the odds?
unsure.gif
possibly though, When the Scene releases a fix for flashcarts, nintendo may perhaps make those not work on the US DSi. although unlikely.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Moots said:
I have to say, dropping another couple hundred bucks for a DS with no GBA slot(If I read right) and a gimmicky camera? Wow. That sounds exactly like a reason to upgrade from my perfectly good DS Lite. Oh yeah some developers are saying their games in production are working for the DS but not the DSi, that sounds promising.

We all know how awesome cameras and thier functions go with handhelds/consoles. Camera=Money Grabbing Gimmick.

I hope it makes you the coolest kid in school.
No offence.
jesus christ moots, would you shut the fuck up.
You've already made your complaining topic, so how about you keep your complaints there?

I'm not a complete asshole, so I won't repeat myself as much as you have, but seriously just shut the fuck up, no one wants to hear it.

I am buying a DSi.
I know my flash cart won't work with it and I doubt it ever will, I know my GBA games/expansion packs won't work too.
But just in case I receive severe brain damage and start asking why you didn't whine more- I'll be keeping my DSlites.
The main reason I'm buying the DSi is for the SD slot's potential, DSiware sounds good too, and the cameras are alright I guess.

One more time just in case you weren't listening- shut the hell up.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Moots said:
And even if I was buying my first DS, why would I spend twice as much to get a DSi, when I can get a DSL half the price and flashcarts work? Oh right the camera and better "Features"
Remember the DSi's international price tag has not been announced yet. It may even retail for the same price as the current DSL for all we know.

I agree with you, for someone who has a DS already it's just plain daft, but I've said my piece on that matter and that's enough, it's still their choice. But for someone who doesn't, I don't see why not. I know someone who's doing exactly that; they've decided to wait for the new model rather than buy a Lite now. Nothing wrong with that. They don't use flashcarts or GBA titles, so that's not an issue. It's a matter of "if I'm going to drop £100 for a new toy I may as well get the best one I can for the money". If it was me I wouldn't, I can't see him using the camera anyway, but it's the possibility of the DSi only software coming out in the future that's got him interested. Fair play if you ask me. If the pricetag winds up as wildly different as you state that'll make him think twice, but until that's announced we cannot say.

Also, remember not everyone in this thread is interested in buying a DSi. It's the possibility, a technological problem that needs to be solved, that's interesting some people. It's that enthusiasm that drives people to hack these things in the first place. And we're forgetting the main player here; homebrew. Use of an SD slot, camera functions and enhanced internet connectivity? I bet someone's itching to have a play with that.

[Edit] Also I don't know why everyone's kicking up such a fuss about their carts not working. Flashcarts didn't work on the Lite when that first came out either, remember?

mitchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck fuck mother fucker ass hole piss fucking fuck piss ass fuck you in the ass hole douche bags

snap mother fucker what wat
grog.gif

Nayr Rosfar

White Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
[Edit] Also I don't know why everyone's kicking up such a fuss about their carts not working. Flashcarts didn't work on the Lite when that first came out either, remember?

Thats because the Lite had an updated firmware which blocked the old flashcarts. But the Lite didn't have firmware updates so new carts were able to be made. The DSi will have firmware updates and whenever a cart is released they'll put out an update to block it and restrict something to force you to update like they did with the Wii.

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just by curiosity did someone tried with a old passkey 2 . (not 3!) the old one wich need a real cart to work ?

just to see what happen....

nsjong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We'll see what the R4 III and the R4 Deluxe will have to offer...
But most likely it'll take several months to manufacture new cards...

Or several weeks to develop new firmware....?

double_vision

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
people have called pretty much everything "unhackable" at one point, you know what happened? it got hacked, and people stopped calling it unhackable then....

true... don't forget the titanic...

DSi will have firmware updates???

that would make it a big hassle for flash card makers.... *hugs DS lite*

i d my psp because of those firmware updates....

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charlieiscool12 said:
UltraMagnus said:
people have called pretty much everything "unhackable" at one point, you know what happened? it got hacked, and people stopped calling it unhackable then....

true... don't forget the titanic...

DSi will have firmware updates???

that would make it a big hassle for flash card makers.... *hugs DS lite*

i d my psp because of those firmware updates....

I doubt there would be firmware updates to the DSi. This would mean that all flash carts would need to add more space for a firmware upgrade. On the DS where more space directly equates to increased costs for the cartridge, I doubtful Nintendo would force this especially since they have 3 divergent models (phat, DS, DSi) in their ecosystem.

I think they might do so for their next major model. Since they now have some experience with the Wii in terms of distributing firmware updates.

As a side note, reading these Japanese forums is a real pain in the ass
tongue.gif

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
caitsith2 said:
One question that has yet to be answered. While flash carts are confirmed not working, Still to be tested, are the 2 cheat carts, Action replay, and Code Breaker. Action replay is a remove and insert game card type, and the code breaker is a pass through type. (also could act as remove and insert game card with firmware updates.)

Just tried my Action Replay. The DSi doesn't even show that I have anything in the slot, the card channel is empty. It works fine on my Lite, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol