Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
on the left side of the SD should be (or have been) a small slider in a small crevice. just seal this crevice, for example using sticky tape or glue.

edit: in SD readers is a small switch that detects if the upper part of said crevice is empty (aka no flush surface -> locked) or if the slider or something else blocks it (flush surface -> unlocked).

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on the left side of the SD should be (or have been) a small slider in a small crevice. just seal this crevice, for example using sticky tape or glue.

how does it know if it is sealed? I`m confused on the inner workings of this lol

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how does it know if it is sealed? I`m confused on the inner workings of this lol

just fill it up like you would a crack in a wall or the write protect latch on a VHS or MC tape. the switch just mustn't feel/register "empty". so bring it somehow to the same level as the rest of the SD casing.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am able to read fine and make nand backups with the correct size and same MD5.
But when I try to write one of these .img files back onto my 3DS Win32 Disk Imager gives the following error:
2aa0ysh.jpg

Any help?

your cable might be too long. try shortening it to under 8 inches.

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... must be the gauge of my wire. No idea what gauge it is, though it looks thicker than yours. I just used wired from the inside of an old USB cable. Where did you source the wire from?

EDIT: Thinking of grabbing some of THIS. Says radio shack, though I can;t find it at an actual radio shack lol.

EDIT2: Well, Maybe I am an idiot and can't type in a search bar. :wacko: THIS seems to be exactly what you got, in the blue, no?

mine is 30g you can find it at any radioshack. color doesnt matter

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The higher the gauge of the wire the harder it is to strip the insulation. You can buy a Kynar wire stripper or you can watch this video and make one yourself.

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30g wire is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the tip. Wasted 9 ports without it. With the 30g literally took me about a minute. Goes to show how you should always work with the right tools ;)

Reactions: pelago

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30g wire is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the tip. Wasted 9 ports without it. With the 30g literally took me about a minute. Goes to show how you should always work with the right tools ;)

lol 9/10 ports unsuccessful? i still have 9/10 ports left. good thing it came with enough to get you up and running. glad you finally got it to work! pics?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol 9/10 ports unsuccessful? i still have 9/10 ports left. good thing it came with enough to get you up and running. glad you finally got it to work! pics?

I was using WAY too large of wire and they kept breaking when I was trying to route them around the screw hole. I probably should have given up at around the third, but I am stubborn haha. Oh well, they were cheap enough. I forgot to take pics, but will do so. Thanks again for the tips.

The higher the gauge of the wire the harder it is to strip the insulation. You can buy a Kynar wire stripper or you can watch this video and make one yourself.
I ended up just using sime wire cutters... then again I prefer wire cutters for stripping almost everything. Good tip though!

manaa

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all please can you tell me if there is an alternate clk pin on 3ds xl i failed soldering it :s

sorry for my bad english

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
The case metal was, for some reason, causing issues for some (including me). Grounding to that pin made all the difference.

Could you explain waht kind of issues
(because i have some too : hw mod detected by sdcard reader, but conenction drops
hw mod isn't detected by rasp pi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OvD30K-KN3k