"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks okay but why do you have the two ground wires connected? (The red ground wire is connected to the other ground on the adapter.) You just need the yellow wire connecting the ground to the 3DS' cartridge slot.

He is using the pinouts according to the microSD to SD adaptor.

IMG_170133e.jpg

Fergamesy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, can you help me? my 3ds have this errcode:
00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000
"DAT lines are connected to other DAT lines" what does that means? what are these dat lines and where they are?
can i fix it manually? i live in mexico, and my only option is to send it to te united states to reparation, and is a lot of money.
can you explain me how to fix it? (i'm new in this, so if you explain me with pictures an all, i will apreciate it a lot)i think you know a lot
and i will be extremely grateful with this. im really eager to play again!

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hi, can you help me? my 3ds have this errcode:
00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000
"DAT lines are connected to other DAT lines" what does that means? what are these dat lines and where they are?
can i fix it manually? i live in mexico, and my only option is to send it to te united states to reparation, and is a lot of money.
can you explain me how to fix it? (i'm new in this, so if you explain me with pictures an all, i will apreciate it a lot)i think you know a lot
and i will be extremely grateful with this. im really eager to play again!

If you got it plugged into a SD port and you get that error, you did it correctly. You use the image dumping application at this point.

If you don't have anything plugged in and get that error, you screwed up somewhere. This can be fixed, all you gotta do is cut the lines you soldered and splice the lines to the correct output. You can read the other posts on the first page to see where you went wrong.

Soldering anything to the board voids your warranty. They are not even going to fix it. This is a DIY at your own risk mod.

Fergamesy2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you got it plugged into a SD port and you get that error, you did it correctly. You use the image dumping application at this point.

If you don't have anything plugged in and get that error, you screwed up somewhere. This can be fixed, all you gotta do is cut the lines you soldered and splice the lines to the correct output. You can read the other posts on the first page to see where you went wrong.

Soldering anything to the board voids your warranty. They are not even going to fix it. This is a DIY at your own risk mod.
i'm sorry, i din't explain myself. i haven't do any modification to my 3ds. it just get the blue screen while i was playing. i just wanna know if i can fix it by myself, and how (is the normal one, not xl), because i can't send it to nintendo. (and then, if i can make it work again, maybe y try to do the downgrades and all ;)

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then the 3DS is likely defective. Which makes this the wrong place to tell people that it is blue screens when you play.

You can't fix your issue if you don't have an image of your 3DS in the first place. Or you can use someone else's image, assuming they got zero DLC and downloaded games.

3DS NAND images are for the most part tied to the 3DS you dump them from. That means you will lose any DLC or downloaded games if you use someone else's image.

If you still get a blue screen even after flashing a different 3DS image, your 3DS was defective hardware wise.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
New firmware released 6.3.0-12E has anyone tried updating from 4.5 and then downgrading from the lastest 6.3 firmware with nand4.5 backup? Or has Nintendo blocked it

5rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How Nintendo can block firmware downgrade? I think it's impossible. We don't use any software methods, which are possible to block. I don't see any problem. I'll try downgrade in 5 minutes.

5rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
UPDATE
No problem at all. Dumped 6.3 -> Downgraded to 4.4 -> Used gateway installer and gateway red card -> Upgraded to dumped 6.3.
And interesting thing nintendo ds profile stored somewhere outside nand flash. After upgrade back to 6.3 I still have gateway corrupted profile installed but before dump 6.3 I had normal ds profile.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's only possible for a future firmware to block this if there are some hidden efuses available to blow via software. No evidence supports the 3ds having these. Even then, the version you would downgrade to would have to already have efuse checks in place (or it could have always been in the bootloader). Again, no signs of efuses have been found ever and plenty of people have taken apart their 3dses.

Reactions: cearp

Rockstead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New to the 3DS world, I have 2x 3DS and 1x 3DS XL which I haven't opened, all gift for the holidays and all should be fimrware 4.5 and lower (copyright 2012).

Do I need to have some sort of jtag device soldered to backup the NAND in case I ever need to restore it in an accidental upgrade?
Or is there a software solution to back it up or a solderless plug'n play type solution I can purchase?

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question. If I format a 3DS that is from launch, would it be restored to the original shipped version it came with, or is that version gone and you can't downgrade to a fresh slate? Also, would the 3DS specific keys change, or are those built into the 3DS SoC?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Formatting only affects the user portion of the NAND, it does nothing to the system portion.

Formatting a 3DS and getting the factory firmware would have to imply that there is a ROM image of the firmware on the PCB board stored somewhere, THIS IS NOT THE CASE. The 3DS/XL/LL have been taken apart and all chips have already been identified and accounted for. Google any teardown of the 3DS/XL/LL for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.