Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
But all of them? In Spain I saw many of them in 9.0 but... Here I saw that one in 9.4 and I got confused, I though that one could be one from Germany or UK, that's why I posted here, because I didn't know if all in 1025 are 9.4 FW. Thank you for answer, anyway I'll keep trying to find one below that serial =/ to be completely sure.
The sparkly (Metallic?) Black ones from UK are most possibly on 9.4

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The sparkly (Metallic?) Black ones from UK are most possibly on 9.4
Yes, in Spain XL N3ds are blue or black (and I'm reading now, you're right I wrote metallic and was sparkly xD sorry, don't know where I read metallic, my fault). In Spain all QEH1025 I know brought 9.0 FW, but here I read that with 9.4 and make me doubt.. So maybe that one is from UK.. but it's still a risk.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, in Spain XL N3ds are blue or black (and I'm reading now, you're right I wrote metallic and was sparkly xD sorry, don't know where I read metallic, my fault). In Spain all QEH1025 I know brought 9.0 FW, but here I read that with 9.4 and make me doubt.. So maybe that one is from UK.. but it's still a risk.

It is a risk. Although I bought online locally around April but it seems like I got mine Blue N3DS XL imported from Germany (came to know when I started getting Miiverse showing most of official post in German, FW is on 9.0). Try to find one of Blue N3DS XL from Germany, but make sure of serial number. It should have Tomodatchi Life welcome edition on it.

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

the Shop I ordered the regular EU new 3ds in white just came back to me. They told me that all the devices they got in stock begin with YEH10333. What do you think? Could that be <=9.2 ?

Couldnt find any YEH Serials on the first page..

Last edited by TY89,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
QAH1008 – Australia
Metallic Black

thats most likely been used before and updated, this list is only for brand new consoles, although even some brand new console (at least supposed to be) have been used already probably a returned console and it just got formatted, did the console still have the 3D promotional paper plane video installed or was it missing from the homescreen?

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers, I'll definitely check that. I bought it brand new from EB Games Australia, can they do that? Is that even legal, do you know gamesquest1?

Yea I figured something was going on–but the system DID show the "welcome" screen on boot up, requiring me to input username etc, is that normal for returned consoles? Does that happen after a system format?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thats most likely been used before and updated, this list is only for brand new consoles, although even some brand new console (at least supposed to be) have been used already probably a returned console and it just got formatted, did the console still have the 3D promotional paper plane video installed or was it missing from the homescreen?

Cheers, I'll definitely check that. I bought it brand new from EB Games Australia, can they do that? Is that even legal, do you know gamesquest1?

Yea I figured something was going on–but the system DID show the "welcome" screen on boot up, requiring me to input username etc, is that normal for returned consoles? Does that happen after a system format?

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive found someone selling a sealed blue metalic n3ds xl, with Qeh10044xxx serial. However i can only find black confirmed new 3dses in the online lists for serial numbers starting with qeh1004 How big is the chance this n3ds is exploitable?

EDIT:

What about QEH1007? also not in the list, found a store selling one of those.

Last edited by Hellz92,

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a little out of the loop when it comes to getting these systems....but today at Walmart I decided to look at the consoles to check the serial numbers, and now there is a white tape covering the serial number. Is this new?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Im a little out of the loop when it comes to getting these systems....but today at Walmart I decided to look at the consoles to check the serial numbers, and now there is a white tape covering the serial number. Is this new?

I've never seen that before; most places scan the serial number in order to sell it

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've never seen the serials covered themselves, but have been to a number of Walmarts that covered their glass cases in white tape to prevent you from seeing their stock.
Never had a problem with just asking the employees to check serials though.

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Media markt is doing the same in the netherlands, there's white tape over the serials on the boxes.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Media markt is doing the same in the netherlands, there's white tape over the serials on the boxes.
Maybe Nintendo has begun ordering the stores selling N3DSes to block the serials to attempt to stop people from buying exploitable consoles. :rofl: Now, if only they could stick white tape over the scalpers....

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
F*in JACKPOT!
The search paid off. Found a whole, fresh, unopened and untouched batch (~30) of these, in Blue, Black & Red... 9.0.0-20E confirmed.​

Who wants one? :yaynds:

sJeZb1s.jpg

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
F*in JACKPOT!
The search paid off. Found a whole, fresh, unopened and untouched batch (~30) of these, in Blue, Black & Red... 9.0.0-20E confirmed.​

Who wants one? :yaynds:

Pmed you. Would be eternally thankful if we can make a deal!

Last edited by Hellz92,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: im chewing on possibly expired gum right now. it tastes normal