Hardware My uncle wants a custom gaming PC for Christmas, can you guys help out?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm send it to him on Skype right now. I'll let you know what he says. Thank you for taking the time to put that list together.

I'm just a bit worried that exact Graphics card will fit in the that exact zalman case (since it uses the triple windforce), but is for you guys to get an idea of what I had in mind. I'm quite confident it will fit, but it may not.

Edit: The manufacturer says that gtx 1070 is 280mm long while the case supports up to 300 mm. There is about an inch left for the 2TB sata cables... it will be fine. LOL

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just a bit worried that exact Graphics card will fit in the that exact zalman case (since it uses the triple windforce), but is for you guys to get an idea of what I had in mind. I'm quite confident it will fit, but it may not.
It looks like a pretty big case. I guess we wont know till it arrives but I have faith there is space for it.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Urbanshadow
My uncle really liked the PC build. He wasn't too happy on a couple parts and decided to spend an extra $150 on a bigger and better looking case (which will also dampen noise and cool better) and a PSU in case more parts will be added in the future. I convinced him that spending a little more now will save in the long run.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
@Urbanshadow
My uncle really liked the PC build. He wasn't too happy on a couple parts and decided to spend an extra $150 on a bigger and better looking case (which will also dampen noise and cool better) and a PSU in case more parts will be added in the future. I convinced him that spending a little more now will save in the long run.

Thanks again.
And you are absolutely right! But you gave me a budget, and I had to comply with it. Glad to hear that :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 1070 for full hd is a bit useless, its a monster gpu i know. If you have the money get it or else 1060 or amd 480 can do the job for full hd. For 2k 1070 is the best for now, next year if you can wait new gpus will be released.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not even just future proofing. 1080p isn't just 1080/60. A 1070 is a far better choice than a 1060/480 if you are running a high refresh monitor and pushing for 120/144fps.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not even just future proofing. 1080p isn't just 1080/60. A 1070 is a far better choice than a 1060/480 if you are running a high refresh monitor and pushing for 120/144fps.
Thats right, I didnt say him to not buy 1070. If he got the money then yes and its worth like you said if you have refresh rate 144Hz. With 1k $ its possible, so yeah.
Anyways im gonna wait for the new amd vega gpus, if they release a powerful gpu like the 1080 with less tdp temperture with a price like 499$ would be great.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right, I didnt say him to not buy 1070. If he got the money then yes and its worth like you said if you have refresh rate 144Hz. With 1k $ its possible, so yeah.
Anyways im gonna wait for the new amd vega gpus, if they release a powerful gpu like the 1080 with less tdp temperture with a price like 499$ would be great.
AMD doesn't do that.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TT Core V21 or X2 case/ m-atx b150/ i5-6500k/ 16GB DDR4/ RX 480/ 80 plus 500w GPU. Use TT recommended fans and you can even get some overclocking. 256GB 950 Pro + 512GB 850 evo for ssd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...