Hardware My New 3DS XL Console Collection (please share yours)

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The better question would be who the hell would waste $100 dollars on something that is obsolete, that CFW can handle everything that the flash cart can do. The other person could spend those $ 100 dollars on something else instead.

I know, right. That's why I didn't keep the SKY3DS+.
Funny story : by the time it was delivered (bought from China, so about a month), I had learnt how to install CFW so I contacted the seller to return it.
I also tried to sell it locally ( the seller gave me 7 days to return it), but literally a couple of hours after I returned the cart, a buyer contacted for it on ebay.... The person asked me about another seller for a SKY3DS+, so I gave him my seller in China directly, but I added that he should look into installing CFW.

I wouldn't criticize people who choose not to install CFW, maybe just give them information.

Reactions: peteruk

campbell0505

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are still people looking for Sky3DS+, either they don't want to hack their console, or they can't do it, anyway you can probably sell it for about US100$ (in France at least), so it's not necessarily wasted!
I probably could, but I can't be bothered. I think I paid about $100 AUD ($66 USD) in 2015. But I found it good that I didn't need a homebrewed 3DS to play "backups". I actually homebrewed my 3DS with it with cubic ninja in 2015 or 16 lol.

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DS Collection 2.jpg
DS Collection 1.jpg

The dual TN screens look better on the N3DSXL than the N2DSXL to me for some reason, but all systems are great!

Last edited by LVG,

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 211294 View attachment 211295

The dual TN screens look better on the N3DSXL than the N2DSXL to me for some reason, but all systems are great!

It's true and I've always said this

For example, my wife has a dual ips fire emblem n3ds xl and it's beautiful - not gonna lie, viewing angles etc... top notch

But then my everyday one is my Galaxy style model which is dual tn, obviously it doesn't have the viewing angles but in my honest opinion it's beautifully configured and looks amazing

Sometimes a well configured dual tn can be great

Then again I bought one of the Orange and black special editions a few years back when they launched, the console itself colour wise was lovely but the dual tn screens were washed out and looked horrid

So it's still hit and miss but yours defo looks really nice for sure :)

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love seeing these collections, just such a lovely console - far more personal than the switch and way better looking too imo
Thank you! I mainly bought most of them (from other regions) to help develop for all regions at that time. I's one of those things where every single one helped with developing current 3ds scene so I hold them high to my heart!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    I had EarthLink lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had EarthLink lol