OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if anybody who has played with four people on the Wii (at once) has found it at all hard to fit all four people within the range of the sensor bar. We had to cram onto a couch, but eventually one of us just sat on the floor in front...we were a normal distance away from the TV as well...

Maybe if they made a wider sensor bar or something it would resolve this issue...

On a side note: The Wii Rocks!!!!! I just wish I could see a damn Mii Parade!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried to play Wii Boxing with my friend, who is not the smallest guy in the world. Just us two could barely fit inside of it. Like a one handed boxing fight, unless we were pretty far back. I'm afraid of 4P. I do with the sensor bar was bigger, but I'm sure we'll figure a way around it.

amrod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the senor bar over my 80" projector and it worked fine... worked great multi player
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hmmm... weird...
I've never had the same problem when I played multiplayer games on the wii myself;
and when I saw the live wii footage from gamespot, they played with 4 players and they didn't really seem to have any problem with the sensor bar... isn't something is interfering, in your living room?

Stokesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The sensor bar doesn't actually 'sense' anything, I don't even think it sends any data to the wii. Interesting factoid.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
i've seen a video on youtube where the guy took out his sensor bar, and only used 2 candles and his wii worked perfectly. i dont get what your having a problem with.

3 friends and i were playing 4 ppl wii tennis without a problem in his room, we probably had less room than you.

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is the pointing used in Wii sports? Because I was under the impression that it was not, except for menus. If not the sensor bar is useless for the games, except for pointing. And the wireless signal from the wiimote to the Wii is excellent, walls and ceillings can't stop it.

ucablca

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Took my Wii to a friend's house and we played 4 player doubles tennis outside on an hdtv projector. Put the sensor bar on the table in front of the projector and we all stood about 8 ft away from the sensor and 4 ft apart from eachother. We had no issues with the sensor bar at all, despite its size..

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
IR LEDs are usually directional, and that may present a problem if you're not standing directly in front of the sensor bar. Bizarrely enough, two lit candles are much better for multiplayer, because the Wiimotes of the people on the "outside" get a better view of the candles than they would of the LEDs on the "sensor" bar. And that means, less glitches and better precision.

The only problem (with the sensor bar or candles) is that every Wiimote has to be calibrated from the spot the player will be standing, and not directly in front of the TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton