Wii-U NAND-AID - eMMC Recovery and Replacement Interposer Public Test

bennet321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I designed these kits. They didn't materialize out of thin-air. These things take both time and money to produce. I've also given it away freely for anyone to use, make and even sell.

I don't understand how anyone could say that I'm "ripping" anyone off. I'm sorry I don't sell them for $0.35 a piece. Unfortunately, I need to be able to recoup my costs and make a living off of the things that I make. :rofl2::rofl2:
I don't think some of these people have ever had a pcb made at the factory before. Hard gold finish does not just add a little bit of cost to the product it adds quite a significant amount. Unless you were moving huge amounts of these things which I can't imagine would be the case for something like this then you need to charge prices like this to cover costs and make a bit of money also

Reactions: Voultar

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did a double-take when I saw the price he's offering it at as well.
Still not as bad as people offering "retro console capacitor kits" for $30, with like 2 cheapo caps inside, though.
I dont understand why y'all are bitching about the price

I don't see you guys designing and releasing ANYTHING to the community. Let alone for free, or something that can save entire consoles

Its a useless toxic pissing contest. Don't like it? Design your own solution or STFU especially if you even used one of these NAND-AID devices. You wouldn't have the solution at all if it wasn't for Voultar

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think some of these people have ever had a pcb made at the factory before. Hard gold finish does not just add a little bit of cost to the product it adds quite a significant amount. Unless you were moving huge amounts of these things which I can't imagine would be the case for something like this then you need to charge prices like this to cover costs and make a bit of money also
Uh... yeah, people in this thread have. It costs about $70 to make a modest batch of 30 of these with gold plated contacts. $2.5 per board. The gold contacts aren't even the most pricy thing to add - the castellated holes are.

No one here knows how much it costs to run Voultar's business. Maybe the price is fair given the operating costs. People are surprised at the price purely due to the above disparity.

I don't see you guys designing and releasing ANYTHING to the community. Let alone for free, or something that can save entire consoles

This forum and thread is full of people who have come up with the solution of using an SD card for NAND replacement, tested it and found out all the necessary details to improve it further, such as all the tools that help you check, diagnose and reformat your WiiU out of pretty much any state it starts in. They have also spent countless hours helping people to fix their consoles.

To say that no one else here has done anything for the community is deeply disrespectful for all those people involved.

Last edited by skawo,

bennet321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uh... yeah, people in this thread have. It costs about $70 to make a modest batch of 30 of these with gold plated contacts. $2.5 per board. The gold contacts aren't even the most pricy thing to add - the castellated holes are.

Sounds like they were using ENIG instead of hard gold. If you know of a pcb manufacturer that could do a hard gold finish for that sort of money I would love to hear about them

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, you are correct, hard gold does jack up the price. I didn't notice that part.

With hard gold plating, a batch of 30 comes up to be $8 per piece. Since there are two boards in the offer, I guess I can see that $30.

Reactions: bennet321

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ruined the capacitor it came with and need a replacement.
Did you purchase this from eBay? ;)
If so the one shipped was 0.1uF but the value is really not that important. It might even work to use no capacitor at all.

//EDIT: NAND-AID v3 coming soon™:
NAND-AID v3 front.png

NAND-AID v3 back.png

//EDIT²:
IMG_20240120_124650.jpg

https://github.com/V10lator/NAND-AID

Last edited by V10lator,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo and kyleb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...