Hardware My 3DS USB charging cables keep breaking. Anyone know where I can get some cheap ones that wont brea

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my cables keep breaking after a few months. I just get the cheapest I can find on eBay for like a dollar each and they work fine for a few months then stop working. Maybe it's time to pay $2 $3 per cable for a better quality one but where from? I don't even have any original wall plugging ones anymore

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the word "cheap" should be in a sentence with "won't break"

you get what you pay for, buy 10 cheap ones that break within a month each, or put that money together and buy a legit charger, and it (probably) won't break, unless you don't take care of it

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
True, these are good points. But most of the time when I'm charging it's off my portable USB battery pack so the official wall adapter won't do. And most of the time at home USB is more convenient than hunting for a an empty wall socket. Are there any quality USB cables maybe up to $10 each?

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
True, these are good points. But most of the time when I'm charging it's off my portable USB battery pack so the official wall adapter won't do. And most of the time at home USB is more convenient than hunting for a an empty wall socket. Are there any quality USB cables maybe up to $10 each?

Personally, I bought one of these in December 2014, it stopped working by May 2015 so I bought another one, still works now, like I said, if you look after it will last longer :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Asuming he wants one now, he may not buy from AliExpress, they can take over a month to deliver stuff

Last edited by swabbo,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, bought some crappy cheap USB charging cable and it broke within a month, I decided to just get the official adapter (which was a pain in the ass because I had to go to 3 different stores before I could find one, and is also way too expensive imo) but the one Monty recommended looks promising

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, bought some crappy cheap USB charging cable and it broke within a month, I decided to just get the official adapter (which was a pain in the ass because I had to go to 3 different stores before I could find one, and is also way too expensive imo) but the one Monty recommended looks promising
I might get one myself just too see if it'll last. I opted to cannibalize the cheap cable that broke on me and make a cable that has stayed alive for almost a year now (fingers crossed).

HCartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi, you should buy products and parts from ZedLabz. I've bought a silicon gel case and a USB nylon braided cable in case my wall generic charger goes dead (actually in process). They're from GB and and seems to be high quality. Besides, they got lots of accessories that you could make use for. Or in case some button got broke*** (I'm one of those who prefers to rip down my device before taking it to a Technician. Hail YouTube.)
The cable is 3 meters long, avoiding being near a d@mn socket.

Attachments

• tmp_10957-IMG_20161206_1956151062920328.jpg
    tmp_10957-IMG_20161206_1956151062920328.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 209
  • tmp_10957-IMG_20161206_1955291821932307.jpg
    tmp_10957-IMG_20161206_1955291821932307.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 219

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about official ones. thats the best quality there. Yeah they cost more. how are they breaking anyway. i ben using my dsi charger for my 3ds. and that is a launch dsi. I did crush the wire under a chair but little solder fixes that

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about official ones. thats the best quality there. Yeah they cost more. how are they breaking anyway. i ben using my dsi charger for my 3ds. and that is a launch dsi. I did crush the wire under a chair but little solder fixes that
If you read the thread you'd find he likes to use USB ones, which there are no official cables for.
He uses USB because he charges off a USB Battery Pack.

Anyhow...

Yeah, I bought a 3 pack of cheap USB 3DS cables and none of them have died on me yet, so maybe I'm just lucky?

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i saw that but how are they breaking? are they breaking at the usb end?
i have a usb charger adapter for the dsi that just has a regular usb plug into it. since its a little adapter on the dsi charge port its a separate unit. Im guessing the wire is breaking internally at the junction. you can get adaptors to convert to the different usb sizes. perhaps a thicker full size usb cable will be more sturdy

PhantomChu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by PhantomChu,

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just ended up getting an official one and a dock. But I hate travelling with the bulky wall adaptor. I'm not sure how the USB ones keep breaking, but I end up having to tilt the USB bit while it's all plugged in just to get it to charge, constantly adjusting the cable. And when I plug into my computer it says overload or something. I might order some of those braided ones, I've been using my 3ds more and more. But alas that Amazon one doesn't ship to Australia.

Last edited by LoggerMan,
D

Deleted User

I only have this problem with a iPod charger.Ive had my stock 3ds charger that came with my 3ds since 2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol