Feedback Hardware 3DS XL charging control chip replacement

itsArial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello everyone,
So I recently got a 3ds XL of off a friend of mine and it worked perfectly. But one day I accidentally switched the plus and minus of the charger(that was before I bought an original one and made myself an improvised one with the same curtain and voltage for it) and so after some checking with a multimeter I found out that the control chip that is responsible for the charging it the fault. And so I am here to ask if anyone knows where I could get some of those or if I would have to replace the whole motherboard. Thanks in advance,
Arial
Post automatically merged:

Also I would like to know if the chip for the Nintendo Switch would be compatible with the 3Ds XL since I saw that it is close to size and positioning to the 3Ds XLs Original one. The only way of now that I charge the 3ds is with a custom charger and a few cables attached to it since that charger can detect stats etc about the battery.

Last edited by itsArial,

itsArial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The switch uses a usb c controller chip to manage the charging. The 3DS uses something closer to usb 2 @ 4.6V 900mA. You will have to pull a replacement chip from a donor 3DS board.
Aha, so is changing the port to a usb type C and replace it, will that work in your opinion?

itsArial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If your asking if you can mod the 3DS to use a usb c port, your going to need to replace whatever is broke on the board before you do a mod.

There are already several usb c mods on youtube already. here is one of them.

So what if I replaced the chip with the Ns one? It will be able to handle older usb won’t it?
Post automatically merged:

If your asking if you can mod the 3DS to use a usb c port, your going to need to replace whatever is broke on the board before you do a mod.

There are already several usb c mods on youtube already. here is one of them.

Also do you think if I use an external board for charging, if there will be any problems regarding the incoming and outgoing way of the electricity? I thought about removing the old port and replacing it with the new board itself so it doesn’t go through the mobo but straight to the battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course