Hardware N3ds XL doesn’t turn on but charging light remains

Soliscape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got handed this new 3ds XL to take a look at and it won’t boot and to my knowledge it’s never been modded given the owner used it for casual gaming. To restate, the only light I get is the charging light. Here’s what I’ve tried:
Let it charge-
Switched battery’s- I thought I’d seen the charge light flicker but couldn’t replicate it
Flipped abxy board-Didn’t change
Tested fuses-they read back as fine
Unplugged Wi-Fi chip and SD daughter board-no change
my plan now is to flip out motherboard next. And see if it’s a faulty mobo but even then I’d like to get this mobo working again

Thank you in advance!!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what "flipping" is supposed to mean, but at this point I'd be concerned about whether you might have accidentally left some internal connection undone.

Also, you didn't say if recovery mode worked or not?

Soliscape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what "flipping" is supposed to mean, but at this point I'd be concerned about whether you might have accidentally left some internal connection undone.

Also, you didn't say if recovery mode worked or not?
Sorry!
“flipping” is just me saying that I tried putting a board from a different N3ds xl in it.
Recovery mode did not work when I tried. It just stayed in the same “charging but no power” state
I’ll try recovery mode again with the other battery just to be sure though. I’ll also make sure everything is properly plugged in
Post automatically merged:

Update: it tested recovery mode again and it failed.
i made sure everything was plugged in.
After closer examination's of the motherboard side-a I noticed what seems to be water damage, erosion, or electrical damage.(feel free to correct me)
i am gonna clean it up (if possible) and see what changes. the fuse i tested is the small one right below the power port.
my plan

Attachments

• IMG_6567.jpeg
    IMG_6567.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by Soliscape,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol