Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Currently ALL flashcarts so far still use the microSDHC standard. We would have to see a microSDXC supported flashcart. Otherwise the file size limit of FAT32 becomes more noticeable.

(sorry if I still don't get it) are you telling me that there's no way that we will be able to use multi-rom on mt-card/gateway with games >= 4GB?

edit: thanks, kyogre! PHEEEW....

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 256 roms are those that do not use the 5.X SDK in their build or do not use the NAND save type.

So this would mean that every other Rom above 5.X won't be supported? There's, for example, no way to have Pokemon X and Super Mario Bros on one MicroSD?
If this is true, why had they been able to play Animal Crossing (Nand-Save I think) with Multi-Rom?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
So this would mean that every other Rom above 5.X won't be supported? There's, for example, no way to have Pokemon X and Super Mario Bros on one MicroSD?
If this is true, why had they been able to play Animal Crossing (Nand-Save I think) with Multi-Rom?

It would have to have a similar emuNAND like the gateway to support any games with the 5.X SDK like pokemon x/y.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I rechecked their video and they are using the same save method that Gateway said they implemented for card2 games. As you can see, the first two roms have a .sav file, except the last one that is Animal Crossing, which save file may be written within the rom file.

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess after Gateway announces that online multiplayer is close to completion, every 3DS flashcard team will release a video showing online gameplay at the same time.
Doubt it. It will be more like this:

Gateway team releases a private beta (not public) with the feature
R4i team acquires a copy of the private beta
R4i team releases a shitty 240p video of the feature working
Noobs on gbatemp claim that the R4i team must be doing original work
Gateway team releases the new version with the feature
Within a week, the R4i team releases their version which looks suspiciously similar to the gateway team's software.

Reactions: cearp and Knoedel

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This button to switch games is very cool. The way GW is working right now, you have to reboot your 3DS to access the GUI again, and this would be a pain in the ass with multirom on GW.

The GW Team needs to introduce a button combo to either access the GUI again or to switch games.

Or people could just not be lazy. It's not like it takes any longer to do than it would to change retail carts.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know you guys, it said on the MT website that the release date of the product is going to be on december 16th, 2013, which it hasnt happened of course. This all does seem random and outta knowhere for some reason...

Reactions: Huntereb

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[12/19/2013 9:51:13 PM] not released now
[12/19/2013 9:52:27 PM] when done, we will give you first card to review

It isn't finished yet or is still in production. Now if I could just get my hands on the 3DSLink I'd have a full set. :rofl:

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It isn't finished yet or is still in production. Now if I could just get my hands on the 3DSLink I'd have a full set. :rofl:

Do you have the Orange 3DS? Have you checked if any of the R4i's Launcher 3.0 works with it? It should work, but I'm just curious about it anyway.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this is looking cool. Now if only flash card makers could figure out how to get their cards to work on just about any firmware. This may be impossible though, seeing how all of the kits so far require the use of a patched exploit.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this is looking cool. Now if only flash card makers could figure out how to get their cards to work on just about any firmware. This may be impossible though, seeing how all of the kits so far require the use of a patched exploit.

It's not impossible, it just requires an exploit that might be really really hard to find...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
why does it fucking matter?

Wow, you seriously haven't read any of those posts that explain this?

If everyone copies Gateway, then the progress of all 3DS flashcards would rely on the Gateway team; and if they decided to quit due to low sales to set an example, they could stop updating and then the rest of the flashcards would be screwed.

Reactions: Tisch

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you seriously haven't read any of those posts that explain this?

If everyone copies Gateway, then the progress of all 3DS flashcards would rely on the Gateway team; and if they decided to quit due to low sales to set an example, they could stop updating and then the rest of the flashcards would be screwed.

it's the mind set of u morons that think the gateway is the end all and be all of flashcarts thats whats so fucking annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.