Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all those magical features that were announced have actually not been developed yet.

I suppose when GW releases their code if MT's is updated like the next day we'll have an idea of what's going on. Considering they had a different solution for multirom, it would make sense that was the only working function if they planned to borrow from gateways code for every other feature.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as it work - don't really care how shitty it's soldered.

So it uses updated ASIC chip, which used in R4i. Anyone compared launchers from GW and MT?

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
The point is Gateway was beaten to the punch. It's put up or shut up time. I don't think Gateway's going to come back from this. Too many delays and broken dates. Especially with a bunch of people claiming that the chip is impossible to program for NAND saving and multi-ROM. I'll believe it when I see it at this point. If I'm right, well it was a good run while it lasted....

Claw919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh. Didn't we quiet you down in the other thread with your anti-GW stuff, JohnnyBlaze? Silly to have to do it again.

Far as this goes - yes, looks like MT is the first with multi-ROM, and that's fantastic. However, it looks like a lot of the featureset isn't implemented yet, per that other review thread. We'll see what happens in the coming days, I suppose.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Well that's egg on my face. I am humbled :bow:

As others have stated it stands for Revolution. But why is it called Revolution? Well back when it came out the Wii was still known as the Revolution, so they were capitalizing on that at the time. It really wasn't revolutionary, as the R4 itself started off a clone of the M3 card before it. Early R4s even had an internal switch that you could toggle to switch between R4 and M3 modes.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The point is Gateway was beaten to the punch. It's put up or shut up time. I don't think Gateway's going to come back from this. Too many delays and broken dates. Especially with a bunch of people claiming that the chip is impossible to program for NAND saving and multi-ROM. I'll believe it when I see it at this point. If I'm right, well it was a good run while it lasted....
Lol. Not even the other clones are limited to a single feature. Nobody's going to run out and buy the MT card rather than a Gateway in the week or so before 2.0 is released. And just in case you failed to read any other post in this thread: everything about the MT runs on GW's firmware other than the few modifications they made to get multi-rom up and running.

inb4 the "coming soon" features are finished right after GW 2.0 is released.

If Gateway were to die right now, the 3DS scene would die right along with it. We need somebody else doing legitimately original work before you can even have the luxury of hating on the Gateway team.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
all hail the great and might "coming soon buttons".....i think that's what they are called right?

but in all seriousness its good to see someone else working on stuff but come on they have barely released 1 firmware and people are trying to jump ship.....give it time and see what happens before claiming something is SOOOOO much better lol especially when they are loosing features faster than they can make them

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The multirom functionnality of this card is original work.
I'm aware of that. It's original work tacked on to GW's launcher and menu system, right down to the button presses and access procedure. Shows that MT is willing to do original work, but clearly not very much of it. They promised a lot more than just multi-rom for their release. Only time will tell if they intended to copy the rest of their features from GW 2.0, and Gateway's delay caught them off guard, or if they're willing to finish everything on their own.

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are getting all high and mighty for silly reasons. "Gateway was beaten to the punch". In ONE aspect, yes. Meanwhile, MT is a cart that is WIP more than anything else. How is that a legitimate win?

I'm rooting for MT to be the real deal, competition is great. But what we have is a rushed, unfinished product and people are already acting like it's better than an established team and product. It's idiotic. "First" in this aspect is just as relevant as when someone says it online in a comment section. It means nothing after there's a second.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think people are getting all high and mighty for silly reasons. "Gateway was beaten to the punch". In ONE aspect, yes. Meanwhile, MT is a cart that is WIP more than anything else. How is that a legitimate win?

I'm rooting for MT to be the real deal, competition is great. But what we have is a rushed, unfinished product and people are already acting like it's better than an established team and product. It's idiotic. "First" in this aspect is just as relevant as when someone says it online in a comment section. It means nothing after there's a second.
Right. And for all their talk, I don't think anybody touting the greatness of the MT card here is going to go out and buy one. That's money down the drain with no guarantee of any future updates or further original work. Took 'em this long just to release modified GW firmware with one working feature.

I definitely would have preferred if they had lived up to their promises and hype. But if I were choosing which flash cart to buy today, MT would rank lowest on my list of options.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested the MT firmware with the other clones? I'm interested in trying myself, but I'm busy at the moment.

Remember that word circlejerk that keeps being brought up? Well this thread is full of it.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look MT-card first video it shows launching Animal Crossing. hmm.. why it doesn't work with released firmware? :mellow:

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has anyone tested the MT firmware with the other clones? I'm interested in trying myself, but I'm busy at the moment.

Remember that word circlejerk that keeps being brought up? Well this thread is full of it.

I recall someone in this thread that tested one of the R4i clones and it didn't work; the other side of this is that it is obvious that it won't work with any flashcard other than the EmTi card due to the difference of coding programmed on the FPGA

If you look MT-card first video it shows launching Animal Crossing. hmm.. why it doesn't work with released firmware? :mellow:

Probably because when you start to work on something complex like this, you can achieve minimum things like booting a game, but then you realise that it's actually not working as intended and needs a lot of fixings.

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work