Hacking MT-Card 2.3 released without news ?

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think the majority of people can accept that they are cloning, and that's all good, if you trust their copying abilities and the price difference of like $5-10 is that much that you consider it a shrewd investment, then by all means buy a MT card and enjoy, personally i like knowing that the card im using isn't relying on it going through 2 teams to get updates, especially when the first team would be trying to sabotage the second team at every turn

I can almost guarantee that after Gateway releases their 7.0-9.2 exploit there will be an MT version of it as well, that's if they can figure out the encryption and then "Find and Replace" Gateway with MT in the code, replace a logo here and there, and ship it out.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are an idiot.
At first he was trying to use the scientific definition of a 'clone' in a technological scenario to try and prove MT isn't a clone and now he's made up his own definition and spouting any random nonsense. He's either a troll or really really stupid.
So, as someone allegedly from the UK, you have no idea what the term "taking the piss" means, huh? Dumbass.

Let me explain it to you: This guy has such a loose definition of the word "clone" that Pepsi is considered a clone of Coca-Cola in his own little world. Considering the legality of this, it doesn't match up with reality. If Pepsi did clone Coke, it would mean they would have to pay royalties for copyright infringement for every unit sold.

To poke fun at this, I made a false scenario that attempts to rationalize his beliefs about copyright that don't match up with reality, but would hopefully sound familiar with his confirmation bias. Not that I would expect you to recognize sarcasm...

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gamesquest1 said:
, personally i like knowing that the card im using isn't relying on it going through 2 teams to get updates, especially when the first team already takes cosmic eons upon eons to release anything​

Ftfy

all that matters is the end result. and in that matter, GW is still the best.

OuahOuah

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
And I read an interesting analysis here on GBATemp about blue card.
Is seems not to be a R4 clone.
But an AceSOMETHING in fact. Don't know if this AceTHING is a R4 clone.

OuahOuah

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
So back to MT...
Did you think they have only one person trying to reverse engineering GW work ?
Though it was obfuscated.
And do the MT Card have same long time to load 9.x emuNAND thanks to obfuscation code like GW have ?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friendly reminder guys, we can't link Gateway/MT-Card/etc files here on GBAtemp as they contain copyrighted Nintendo code and as such are classified as WAREZ. Any posts containing a link to the file or indicating the user is willing to distribute it via PM will be altered or removed entirely without warning.

Thank you for listening. Now, back to your scheduled programming.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And I read an interesting analysis here on GBATemp about blue card.
Is seems not to be a R4 clone.
But an AceSOMETHING in fact. Don't know if this AceTHING is a R4 clone.

Acekard and no, it's not a R4 clone.

So back to MT...
Did you think they have only one person trying to reverse engineering GW work ?
Though it was obfuscated.
And do the MT Card have same long time to load 9.x emuNAND thanks to obfuscation code like GW have ?

that also depends on the quality of the SD card used tho. But even though I haven't seen MT card reaction speed yet, I would assume it should be the same.
And I doubt there's only one people behind it. lol. Probably a team with more people. But if it really is just one person then it sure has a lot of skill to do everything all by itself

Snoozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww sheesh its the same old tripe peddled by Gamesquest et al, extolling the virtues of GW over MT (yawn). As everyone is aware currently there are no advantages of GW over MT.

This update shows that the MT Group are just 10 days behind GW now.

In any case most GW people have shut the (beep) up since GW failed to release the 9.0-9.2 compatability nand. MT never promised an update that was "around the corner" a few weeks back. The GW hype train seems to have truly crashed and burned for 2014. Maybe they can bring something in 2015 but don't count on it. The MT Group can't do any worse than GW at present. The MT Group hasn't promised an update then turned and kicked their fans in the teeth at christmas !

Snoozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We all know that GW took aspects of MT multi-rom functionality and integrated it into their software as a menu system.

I truly hope MT brings 9.0-9.2 compatability before GW, if just to shut up people such as you.

GW busying themselves on trying to achieve nand compatability 5.0 - 8.1 seems like a major waste of time since there are likely very few users on this nand. This approach appears to be antagonising GW advocates.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update shows that the MT Group are just 10 days behind GW now.

Very true but like you said, they are Behind not Ahead.
We all know that GW took aspects of MT multi-rom functionality and integrated it into their software as a menu system.

Now your just showing your ignorance. The two multi-roms are vastly different. MT released theirs first and was a Hardware functionality, GW's was strictly software. Just because they did the same thing (one very slowly, the other swift), does not mean they are the same (and before you even bring it up, Its already confirmed MT uses's GW's code so don't try to flip this around on me).
Also, you keep bringing up the multi-rom thing to show Mt's innovative ability, but that creativity was shot in the face the second they CHANGED their multirom to function as GW's did. The only thing they did was re-skin a better GUI onto it (which i'll admit is kinda better then Gateway's because it shows more games at a time). The MT-card now has a black button on the back that does nothing so your argument is invalid.

Reactions: lemanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1