Moonshell 2 FAQ, Guide and Index

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by KingdomBlade, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009
    • Newcomer

Chadrcheze New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    And like I said before CRC is a code that 7zip uses to identify each file. CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy check, which is a code 7zip uses to detect accidental changes to raw computer data.

CRCs are specifically designed to protect against common types of errors on communication channels, where they can provide quick and reasonable assurance of the integrity of messages delivered. However, they are not suitable for protecting against intentional alteration of data. Firstly, as there is no authentication, an attacker can edit a message and recalculate the CRC without the substitution being detected. This is even the case when the CRC is encrypted, leading to one of the design flaws of the WEP protocol.[3] Secondly, the linear properties of CRC codes even allow an attacker to modify a message in such a way as to leave the check value unchanged,[4][5] and otherwise permit efficient recalculation of the CRC for compact changes. Nonetheless, it is still often falsely assumed that when a message and its correct check value are received from an open channel then the message cannot have been altered in transit.[6]
    Cryptographic hash functions, while still not providing security against intentional alteration when used in this manner, can provide stronger error checking in that they do not rely on specific error pattern assumptions.[citation needed] However, they are much slower than CRCs, and are therefore commonly used to protect off-line data, such as files on servers or databases.
    When stored alongside the data, CRCs and cryptographic hash functions by themselves do not protect against intentional modification of data. Any application that requires protection against such attacks must use cryptographic authentication mechanisms, such as message authentication codes.

To sum it all up here is a link to all you need to know about CRC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check Next time you might want to try a little research before criticizing people and taking sides with someone when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

jurassicplayer Nyahahahahaha~

Message Count:
    United States
    Remade the video with my camera because the quality made it really hard to see (I couldn't really read anything besides the text file). The talking isn't super related to anything at all, so you don't have to listen to it.
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    @Chadrcheze : Man ... what is your problem ?
    I know what a CRC is ! and i also know there is an extremely low probability to have the exact same CRC on both file named set up.exe with the same size/date and time !
    Now if you are still thinking your packaged file isn't the same than the one moonlight provided just check the md5 of both files or hex compare them !

Enough said now. We are wasting our time here ...
    • Banned

junkerde Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    no.
    • Newcomer

nodacrunch New Member

Message Count:
    Philippines
    question:

how to play the full length of 1hr + video since i having a problem to play it with moonshell

Kaoid MantouDev 馒头软件 Developer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    apparently sound on moonshell (playing mp3 etc.) doesnt work on r4 and some clones. i found a fix, use an alternative loader or wood r4 (or wood r4 for clones for r4 clones)

[hr]Posts merged

apparently sound on moonshell (playing mp3 etc.) doesnt work on r4 and some clones. i found a fix, use an alternative loader or wood r4 (or wood r4 for clones for r4 clones)

[hr]Posts merged

[hr]Posts merged

Kaoid MantouDev 馒头软件 Developer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    sorry about quadruple post. my cellphone does not want to work right today
    • Newcomer

yuseme32 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hey! i need help! i have an r4 but i have Moonshell 2 and it has no system folder! and i want to put cheats on my r4! but where would i put the usrcheat.dat! it has no system folder where it would go! plz help on this post, make a new post and inform me of it, or email me @ michaelclement@gmail.com

Plz dont sent no crap to my email i have anivirus and other stuff the protect it so dont!!!!!!!!!!!!

[hr]Posts merged

i meant michaelclement144@gmail.com sorry

Team Fail Don't screw with me, kid.

Message Count:
    Canada
    Well, this would probably be the best place to ask for it, but I'm looking for the soundfont that's used in Moonshell to use in MIDI production. I've gotten the filename and I've Googled it quite extensively, but any download links I find are invalid as of now. Where would I be able to find the soundfont? I'm sure someone here has it.

Oh, if you need the filename and you have better luck finding it on Google, it's "mspv21_midrcp_sf16bit_sc88promap.zip"

avenir New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    • Newcomer

dsiman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    yeah, the skins are good..

Dartz150 I'm an alternate dimension superhuman behind a PC

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Are the Skins/Splashes links dead??? or is my computer again o_O, tjue links send me to the front page...

Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp's Official Glaceon™ That little pansexual

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    They're dead, this thread hasn't been updated since 2009 and since then we have moved from GBAtemp's download service to Filetrip.
    1 people like this.

Dartz150 I'm an alternate dimension superhuman behind a PC

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Oh... well, is there anywhere site or link else to look for the files???

Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp's Official Glaceon™ That little pansexual

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

DSLSC New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks to Monty Kensicle, I'm able to run Moonshell on my DS Lite via a Supercard Mini SD. Works great...except that the MIDI soundfont isn't exactly in tune with itself. I'm sure that at least someone in this forum has downloaded the full soundfont when it was still available. Google turns up exactly two matches for the filename--both on forums. Can anyone help?
    • Newcomer

XularusXIII New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Either this is unviewable on my phone, or it really is unreadable.

Attached Files:

• Newcomer

stitch123 New Member

Message Count:
    Czech Republic
    Hey, what's wrong with this topic? Original post is unreadable. HTML tags don't work.
    • Reporter

Ryukouki Reporter

Message Count:
    United States

Hey guys, this topic is *currently* unreadable as, due to the migration to the Xenforo interface in 2011, things got kind of messed up, and a lot of topics circa 2008-2009 are going to end up as such.

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Message Count:
    Croatia
    Okay, I restored the original post as best I could be arsed to. Some download links are dead, and the skins section was all over the place so I scrapped it completely and only left a few download links (besides, the default skin is good enough :angry: ).

Here it is:

WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    stitch123 likes this.

SPONSORED LINKS