jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, relational to panel means that L/R functions work while the screen is open, doesn't when the screen is closed, and always on is for L/R functions always working whether the screen is open or closed.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
If I'm not mistaken, relational to panel means that L/R functions work while the screen is open, doesn't when the screen is closed, and always on is for L/R functions always working whether the screen is open or closed.

Yeah! You're right. Thanks so much!
bow.gif
Two very good and fast reaplies in a short time.

Thanks jurassicplayer.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been out for a while. I recall reading that there would be a final final version of Moonshell. Was that the case, or did someone take over?
Should I just get version 2.10 from the official site (for my M3 Real)?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, there is nothing to actually "take over" from. No source code was released beyond the MS2.00 beta 5, meaning someone would have to somehow re-implement the features that were added in the following updates or fork away from the official Moonshell2.

As for what version to get, I would suggest the Child Zwai version from Moonlight's website since it is the last version released, though some people live with just the MS2.10 Stable.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
And can I use Moonshell 2.0 for M3 DS Simply as well?
Or is 1.6final the last usable version for that cart? (http://filetrip.net/f17908-M3-DSS-MoonShell-1-6final.html)

EDIT:
Or does the FAQ answer that question:
QUOTE said:
Q: Will it work on [insert cart name here]?
A: It will probably work on most carts, but, as it says above, it may not work for the R4SDHC and the EZ Flash 4. It may also not work on some other flash carts, so if you find it not working on yours, post it here.
smile.gif

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Well, I haven't heard of anyone saying problems about it working on the M3 Simply, so just follow the FAQ xD.
Yup, followed the faq and it worked!
Specifically QUOTETo install Moonshell 2 as your R4's default media player, rename moonshl2.nds into _DS_MSHL.nds
Apparently Moonshell considers it a R4DS
tongue.gif

EDIT:
Hmmmz, I don't have audio when I play mp3. Need to figure that out...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Shadow-Zero said:
That problem is known. It has something to do with the way Moonshell2 is loaded. Just grab the moonalt.nds (I think that was the filename) from Xenon++'s bag of tricks (http://gbatemp.net/t291306-utilizing-xenonnds-tools) and use that .nds file instead of the moonshl2.nds or directboot_moonshl2.nds. Alternatively, you could just grab the alternative loader included with the Moonshell2 download (should say something like r27 or something), though Xenon++'s are recompiled with the newer revision of devkitARM.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
As for what version to get, I would suggest the Child Zwai version from Moonlight's website since it is the last version released, though some people live with just the MS2.10 Stable.
I tried to install Child Zwai, but that gives me an error during installation:
????????????.txt. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect ???????.

What's that about??

EDIT:
Ah, it's also mentioned on filetrip: http://filetrip.net/g25124695-MoonShell.html
I'll try the Chadrcheze Edition!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Your OS doesn't know how to deal with the file because it uses Japanese characters instead of English...I really don't see the point in getting someone else's "edition" which is the EXACT same pretty much :/...Then again, I'm sure the effort it took to find/download/copy a couple of .skn files and delete one file before stuffing it all back in and calling it a new "edition". The only people that really NEED it are the people that never found out that all that is required to install moonshell2 to their flashcart is either moonshl2.nds or moonshl2_directboot.nds (doesn't really matter which, though the moonshl2.nds will ask what language to use on it's first run) and the moonshl2 folder. You CAN use the setup.exe OR you can just copy the moonshl2 folder and one of the two .nds files I said above (or the alternative loader if you get no sound).

In summary, you can just copy over and not need to use the setup.exe (why that is even needed, I don't know). And as a note, I now don't like Chadrcheze for making such a pointless repack of an already heftily sized homebrew that ANYONE could have done with 3 seconds worth of their time.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Shadow-Zero said:
That problem is known. It has something to do with the way Moonshell2 is loaded. Just grab the moonalt.nds (I think that was the filename) from Xenon++'s bag of tricks (http://gbatemp.net/t291306-utilizing-xenonnds-tools) and use that .nds file instead of the moonshl2.nds or directboot_moonshl2.nds. Alternatively, you could just grab the alternative loader included with the Moonshell2 download (should say something like r27 or something), though Xenon++'s are recompiled with the newer revision of devkitARM.
You're referring to http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xenonnds/files/ ?
Can't seem to find the moonalt.nds there...?
I'll try moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds for now I guess.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Shadow-Zero said:
You're referring to http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xenonnds/files/ ?
Can't seem to find the moonalt.nds there...?
I'll try moonshl2_AltLoader_DKPr27.nds for now I guess.
lol oops. I forgot to say where it was. If you grab the mshl2pack (r32 probably preferred), it's in there (and it's apparently called moonshl2alt.nds...i seem to have shortened the name xD).

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
It's supposed that in the las version of 2.10 Child Zwai (moonshell2_v2.10childzwai_201010041548) the trouble with japanese windows is solved, in words of Moonlight.
About the setup.exe, Moonlight did it to let a clean install and avoid posible mixed with old installation.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Boriar said:
About the setup.exe, Moonlight did it to let a clean install and avoid posible mixed with old installation.
It doesn't really do anything special. The only thing it does is allow you to choose if you want something copied or not (languages and other minor things IIRC) and you can set the language from it. Aside from that, it does exactly the same thing you would do manually...copy it over to the microSD (it even copies over the .txt files that aren't needed for Moonshell2 to work, but are just instructions that practically are never seen anyways).

akirakyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can somebody tell me how to remove this key guide,
like this :
X/Y : Decrease/Increase Volume
START : System menu (GUI Settings)

L+A/B : Play next/previous track
L+X/Y : Adjust ...

in the top screen. this is very distressing me, please help me
sad.gif

sorry if repost

karupanda4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just curious... are there any dark and minimalistic moonshell 2 skins out there?

I just went though all the skins listed in the first topic and did not find a single one that didnt have some kind of a bright element.

So... do any of you fine people know a dark skin that doesnt have bright elements? Looking for one that doesnt "shine" in dark room.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free