Homebrew MoonShell 2.00 Beta X

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know what model it is... i think it is plus not so sure..
wacko.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've got an older 3in1. To be specific, it's the hardware version before the 3in1 plus, and Moonshell 2 has always failed to detect it, no matter what I try.

I still live in hope that it's because of something small that I may have missed...

I've got pretty much everything else working with Moonshell 2: Soft reset, morning timer, image viewer, file deletion, heck, even loading GBA games... it all works just great, but Moonshell 2 always gives that damned "Extension memory was not found." message on startup.

If the 3in1 can be detected by Moonshell 2, I'd really appreciate it if somebody could give me a few pointers on how to get the two to play nicely together.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I got a question for all you 2.X users:

I have a CycloDS Evo for my DS Lite and have been using Moonshell 1.7 for CycloDS sinc I got the thing.
So my questions are...
-Is Moonshell 2 worth it?
-What version should I download for now?
-How would I go about upgrading it on my CycloDS?

Thanks and I hope someone can answer! I'm sure someone will.

assasinekiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Moonshell 2 has new features. just try it out
download the latest (stable/lite on the first post)
you can use both of them and see the differences, just copy to your root:
QUOTE said:
- moonshl2 folder (and its contents)
- moonshl2.nds
- moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds
- LanguageSelect.nds (not actually needed to run MoonShell 2.00, but you need it to set your preferred language)

if you want to use the Moonshell 2 from the Menu in Cyclo then copy moonshl2.nds in your moonshell1.71 folder, rename it to (I think) moonshell.nds (replace with the older one, backup if you want)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What? They are made my the same person so no ..... Sakura = Moonshell 2 with commercial rom loading and other crap the M3 team put on it. IMO the sliding feature is plain stupid then again I don't use Sakura so this might be biased.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hamtotem said:
Eon-Rider said:
nicky041192 said:
NO! it cant.
Actually, yes it can if you use Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader plugin. I haven't tested it personally though.
not on a dsi
Glad we've finally got that all sorted out.

Okay, I'm using a DS Lite with a 3in1 in slot 2. The 3in1 is the older hardware version that was available before the 3in1 plus.

Can Moonshell 2 be configured to detect the older version 3in1's memory on startup?

If it is possible, would someone please post how to do it?
If it is not possible, could somebody please just say no, so we can all move on?

Thanks again.

IOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, hi ! xD i got a R4 and im testing MoonShell 2.0 and can anyone tell me if there is a way too boot only the MoonShell 2.0 and inside it run the games ? just like it was the R4 Firm ?

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I figured out how you could reduce file size. Go to the moonshl2 folder and delete fonts you don't need for other languages!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F