Homebrew MoonShell 2.00 Beta X

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New misctools in Moonshell 2.02, check it out!

MakeBGPack
QUOTE said:
This is a tool that makes the package file for "Background image that changes at random".
It is time when timing into which the background changes displays the file list.
Basicly Random Wallpaper for Moonshell 2.. WOOOT!

MakeSplashAniForMS2
Custom make bootup animation.

lisbent

Trophies
XP
Country
when playing audio files directly from moonshell it crashes and starts to loop. i get the missing memory extention error when booting mnshl, and the panasonic formatter and windows checkdisk has not helped this problem. in the ipod clone player there is no problem, but it will only play mp3s which is not acceptable for my needs, must be able to play wav.

i am using r6 silver and moonshel 202. what do i do from here?
blink.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
May I ask something about the wallpaper?

I understand that the wallpaper is about the size of 2 DS screens stacked, however, I'm curious about the wallpaper when I press "select" and the screens changes to the "utilities" screen

I tried using a large wallpaper (hoping moonshell 2 will stretch it to fit), set it to the center, and I got a wallpaper, albeit it's not the way I want it, but thanks to the size of the image, Moonshell 2 decided to use another portion of the image for use as the wlalpaper in this "utilities" screen

What I want to ask is, what size of the image should I use if I want to make use of this "2nd wallpaper" feature?

currently, from what I know, the images that I want to use as the wallpaper are stacked like this (256x384)

(PS3 XMB Red, courtesy of Vampirex, sorry... this is just for the sake of example)
ps3shot3.png

Now, with that image I can be sure that the 256x192 half will make it to the upper screen, and the other half is for the bottom screen

If I want to make us of the "2nd wallpaper" should I make it this size? (512x384)

ps3shot3.png
ps3shot3.png

upper left one will be the upper screen for "media player" part, while the upper right will be the one for the upper screen in "utilities" part, and so on

Am I right?

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide on how to install moonshell? this is what i did:

-made a folder called homebrew
-dragged moonshl2 into homebrew along with language.nds, moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds, and moonshl2.nds
when i press langugage.nds it doesn't work, nor does moonshl2.nds

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
May I ask something about the wallpaper?

I understand that the wallpaper is about the size of 2 DS screens stacked, however, I'm curious about the wallpaper when I press "select" and the screens changes to the "utilities" screen

I tried using a large wallpaper (hoping moonshell 2 will stretch it to fit), set it to the center, and I got a wallpaper, albeit it's not the way I want it, but thanks to the size of the image, Moonshell 2 decided to use another portion of the image for use as the wlalpaper in this "utilities" screen

What I want to ask is, what size of the image should I use if I want to make use of this "2nd wallpaper" feature?

currently, from what I know, the images that I want to use as the wallpaper are stacked like this (256x384)

(PS3 XMB Red, courtesy of Vampirex, sorry... this is just for the sake of example)
ps3shot3.png

Now, with that image I can be sure that the 256x192 half will make it to the upper screen, and the other half is for the bottom screen

If I want to make us of the "2nd wallpaper" should I make it this size? (512x384)

ps3shot3.png
ps3shot3.png

upper left one will be the upper screen for "media player" part, while the upper right will be the one for the upper screen in "utilities" part, and so on

Am I right?

Um, can you be more specific? And your picture links are broken.

-------------------------------------------

QUOTE(boogerlad @ May 31 2009, 04:46 AM) install ysmenu and use that as your loader. Note, cheats don't work in moonshell.

Actually, cheats are workable through an alternative boot to YSMenu. To do this, just make a file called YSMenu.nds somewhere, then boot through that, then, it will automatically boot to YSMenu. Or press B while loading anything.

Tyrant00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to delete the moonshell folder, rename moonshell2 to moonshell and moonshl2.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds? Saves some space (running a R4DS).

Tyrant00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean with that?
Well, thanks anyway. Just threw away moonshell (1.71)

Edit: hmm, starting up moonshell from the root menu (ie MSHL.NDS) gives a blue screen, but running moonshell 2 from directory does work.
I dont get it...

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to disable the app launcher at the stat? I can't seem to find an option that seems right.

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a minimum amount of space I have to have on my memory card for moonshell to work? I find that if i fill my memory card with videos till there is ~50mb of space left, moonshell either refuses to play the videos, or will hang at the disk check.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
I always encounter that error.. So i just disable the disk check and it works for me.. no more disk check error..
yaynds.gif

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
janouis said:
I always encounter that error.. So i just disable the disk check and it works for me.. no more disk check error..
yaynds.gif

How do you disable the disk check?? i need to know..

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Press start, click GUI and Audio Settings, and uncheck "Run Disk Check at Start up".
Do i need to enter to Moonshell to do that?...

because i'm always getting error at the Disk Check...

Thanks anyway!

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Yes, but put a couple of files on your computer, then disable disk check since the space has been lessened. Put them back afterward.
It's working now! thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?