aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't go to that link Earthbound I'm at work and gaming pages are banned. Though for some reason I can still come here...

Here's the pic from that website:
normal_allthreedvdsf360.jpg

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a Blaster 360. You open it once, then you do the rest straight from this little hump thing on your 360. I use it all the time, and I used it to play Halo within minutes. Also, if you get the newest Booter firmware, you don't need to worry about getting banned from XBL.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a Blaster 360. You open it once, then you do the rest straight from this little hump thing on your 360. I use it all the time, and I used it to play Halo within minutes. Also, if you get the newest Booter firmware, you don't need to worry about getting banned from XBL.

That's only good for the old dvd drives, the new drives (BenQ and Hitachi v79) will need opening the dvd drive and soldering a Passkey(Hitachi) or a switch (Ben-Q).

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well now I don't know for sure the Samsung and BenQ look very similar I would need to check on my actual 360 to know for sure.

If you guys care that much I'll check but otherwise I'll probably forget when I get home tonight!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My refurbished 360 came with Samsung drive, so I'm gonna flash it.

I read the Blaster 360 installation guide, and very clueless about why I would need it, just flash the drive with iExtreme and I'm good to go, no?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My refurbished 360 came with Samsung drive, so I'm gonna flash it.

I read the Blaster 360 installation guide, and very clueless about why I would need it, just flash the drive with iExtreme and I'm good to go, no?

No you don't need it, pretty sure the only reason to have it is so that you don't have to keep opening your 360 everytime you want to update the firmware.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks aslacker55

I opened my 360 up, I got stuck at torx screws. I have 2 torx screw heads but both of them are too big. Gotta go buy smaller ones, T7 and T10.

And I'm not certain my mainboard SATA chipset is VIA, it's
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI.
I'll hook it up to see if it recognizes my Toshiba Samsung drive, don't wanna spend extra bucks, hopefully I'll be done with modding this weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.