Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

dudee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question Regarding the CFW.
I'm trying to use Ftpiiu Everywhere after loading Mocha but I can't connect to the wiiu usb partition with WinSCP. (I want to copy the save folder)
I'm I missing something ?
Thanks

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question Regarding the CFW.
I'm trying to use Ftpiiu Everywhere after loading Mocha but I can't connect to the wiiu usb partition with WinSCP. (I want to copy the save folder)
I'm I missing something ?
Thanks
And here too... Use Dimok's ftpiiu_everywhere for Mocha, not Fix94's. They each implemented elevated access differently.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here too... Use Dimok's ftpiiu_everywhere for Mocha, not Fix94's. They each implemented elevated access differently.
There is two ftpiiu everywhere homebrew, one for coldboot, and the other for plain homebrew loader. Load the mocha cfw first then ftpiiu everywhere (Not cold boot version) Insert ip address and port listed on screen.

dudee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is two ftpiiu everywhere homebrew, one for coldboot, and the other for plain homebrew loader. Load the mocha cfw first then ftpiiu everywhere (Not cold boot version) Insert ip address and port listed on screen.

Thank for the reply
0.1 version worked...I noobed out...I've should have look in storage mlc instead of usb cause my game are installed on NAND.
So I manage to acces the save file path
My mistake.

thanks

Last edited by dudee,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for the reply
0.1 version worked...I noobed out...I've should have look in storage mlc instead of usb cause my game are installed on NAND.
That's ok. I missed the WiiU of WiiU USB in your question. If you had one, a WiiU USB will work in either version. But you're right, ftpiiu_everywhere doesn't work with still-in-my-desk-drawer USB yet :)

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kind of need help, i just found out about mocha and im trying to set it where where i can play Zelda from HDD, i have Mocha, Loadinne, and HBL setup correctly on the HDD and SD card, but when i launch Loadiine it doesnt see the game
my HDD is fat32 and is setup as HDD/wiiu/games/title [game ID]

Last edited by Kokumotsu,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kind of need help, i just found out about mocha and im trying to set it where where i can play Zelda from HDD, i have Mocha, Loadinne, and HBL setup correctly on the HDD and SD card, but when i launch Loadiine it doesnt see the game
my HDD is fat32 if that helps
What version of Mocha are you running? From where did you get it? How do you start it? If you want a FAT32 drive to function as if it's the SD card, you need the Mocha FAT32 development version

For troubleshooting, you should add a homebrew app to your HDD that isn't on your SD so you can easily determine which device HBL is seeing. If HBL doesn't see the app, there's no sense in trying loadiine.

Reactions: Kokumotsu

Sonucais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've a little question about Mocha. What does happen if I install the System Tool Config on it. Does my system brick? (nothing related to rednand)

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of Mocha are you running? From where did you get it? How do you start it? If you want a FAT32 drive to function as if it's the SD card, you need the Mocha FAT32 development version

For troubleshooting, you should add a homebrew app to your HDD that isn't on your SD so you can easily determine which device HBL is seeing. If HBL doesn't see the app, there's no sense in trying loadiine.
i think im using mocha 0.2.
there is a page on here here with a modified mocha elf but when use it i just get a white screen.
i will try that with the extra homebrew app, be nice to know which one its reading from lol
but also with WUD installer, is there a way to have it read from HDD or do i need ot buy a bigger SD card only have 8 gb
and if i get wud installer to work would installing the game to the system memory cause an issue

D

Deleted User

i think im using mocha 0.2.
there is a page on here here with a modified mocha elf but when use it i just get a white screen.
i will try that with the extra homebrew app, be nice to know which one its reading from lol
but also with WUD installer, is there a way to have it read from HDD or do i need ot buy a bigger SD card only have 8 gb
and if i get wud installer to work would installing the game to the system memory cause an issue
FAT32 HDD will act as a SDCard, meaning that inserted SDCard will be ignored.
You can't get Wup Installer to work. You can't install games to it.
You can only use lame Loadiine which lags, crashes and freezes your Wii U.

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 HDD will act as a SDCard, meaning that inserted SDCard will be ignored.
You can't get Wup Installer to work. You can't install games to it.
You can only use lame Loadiine which lags, crashes and freezes your Wii U.
Would having the new mocha.elf folder structure is messing up.
Because a page said the new elf just goes in wiiu/apps/mocha.elf not in a sub folder
While my SD cards folder is wiiu/apps/mocha Cfw/mocha.elf

I'll just put homebrew on the hDD to see if JBL is actually reading from SD or HDD

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a page said
Please don't say "a page" or "I saw somewhere" when you're looking for help. We don't know what page you're talking about, so we can't tell you whether it's authoritative or misguided. HBL doesn't care where it finds the elf files, but it's only going to look in one directory deep below apps.

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I would call that functional, but non-standard. Since @Mr Objection only mentions it in a parenthetical manner, I'll let him decide if he meant it to be that way, possibly in order to not conflict with an existing Mocha, or if it was a typo. If it was intended, I would have recommended wiiu/apps/mochafat32/mocha.elf, because being at the parent directory would conflict with any other app that thinks it also belongs in the parent if meta files were added.

Mr O, we're discussing this: (emphasis added)
- put Mocha.elf on both your Sd and Hdd (wiiu/apps/mocha.elf)

In any case, since it works in that location, it's not the cause of you not seeing it in HBL.

Reactions: Kokumotsu

Mordenkainen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, probably not useful unless the right people see this, but I did a little digging into the Mocha and WUPInstaller code to see if I could figure out why we only get 0 byte files installed on FAT32.

WUPInstaller uses an IOS syscall to call an MCP function to install the WUP:
MCP_COMMAND_INSTALL_ASYNC (Function #0x81)

It would appear that this MCP call handles all the steps of installing the WUP including the installation of the files. WUPInstaller checks the result of this syscall and in the case of installing to a FAT32 drive, no error is returned.

Looking at the FAT32 changes for Mocha, it looks like the changes all revolve around patching the FSA_* calls to enable them to handle a FAT32 drive. Due to features not supported by FAT32, many calls are simply stubbed out and do nothing other than return 0. Also (and I could be wrong here) there appear to be several FSA calls that are not hooked at all, and just use the IOS code directly (FSOpenFile for example).

Now, I have no idea how to access the IOS code that is behind the install function. So my ability to trace through it ends there, but I can hazard a few guesses. I suspect that somewhere within that MCP function it is attempting to use one of those stubbed out or un-hooked functions. I would also suspect that the failure this causes is one Nin didn't expect to be possible, so they don't detect it and no error code is returned by the sycall.

Someone with more reverse engineering skills than me needs to dig into that MCP function and find out what functions it is calling so that the function can be properly implemented or the call patched out.

WOW... I wrote a book!

Morden

Last edited by Mordenkainen,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the case of installing to a FAT32 drive, no error is returned.
You should be able to see the actual error (which I think translates to File path specified is not found) if you check your syslog (wupclient.py's w.dump_syslog() ) or just poke around the logs directory on storage_slc with ftp_everywhere until you find the latest log.

Reactions: Mordenkainen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory