Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

kNxZFcI.png

Mocha CFW is a custom firmware that is derived from iosuhax. It offers all the features of iosuhax and some addional features without the requirement of a fw.img on the SD card. Furthermore it combines all the current features of a custom firmware such as sysNAND or redNAND with signature patches into one application with a configuration setting.

Mocha CFW hooks itself into the IOS launch process, right before it jumps into the bootrom, and patches the (at this point) decrypted IOS ELF in memory with new functions.

New features

• fw.img less custom firmware
  • sysNAND or redNAND patching in one application, selected/saved in a setting
  • SEEPROM redirection to/from SD card
  • OTP redirection from SD card
  • custom launch image on load of the custom firmware if exist on sd card (sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/launch_image.tga)
Infos

Several features can be activated or deactivated in the config menu. You can choose to skip the config menu on next launch in the config menu itself. If you lock yourself out you can just hold the B button on start to force enter the menu again.

The OTP and SEEPROM dump is automatically injected into SD card if it is missing when OTP or SEEPROM redirection is enabled in redNAND mode. You can not redirect SEEPROM or OTP on sysNAND mode. The WiiU drive key part of the SEEPROM is not redirected as this one has to match the console drive key. Otherwise the console will report and error and lock itself out. So an exception for that range of the SEEPROM was added.
You can also use the new version of the SDIO NAND Extractor/Injector (v1.2) to inject existing OTP / SEEPROM dumps into the SD card or dump the dumps from the SD card.

Releases

https://github.com/dimok789/mocha/releases/tag/v0.2
https://github.com/dimok789/sdio_nand_manager/releases/tag/v1.3

Sources

https://github.com/dimok789/mocha
https://github.com/dimok789/sdio_nand_manager

Credits

The application is developed by me but there are several parts contributed by many developers across the Wii U scene. So credits go to everyone who contributed to Wii U scene publicly.

Special thanks to smealum, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert and derrek for sharing some details on the IOS exploit and making such a great base with iosuhax.

TODOs

Too many to list...

Currently working on redNAND launch on every console. At this point a redNAND is working on a different console with OTP and SEEPROM redirection enabled but can not launch any title except the system menu (hang on transition screen). Probably something small is still missing. Also need to think of something to avoid the gamepad sync loose at that redNAND state...

The next in line:
maybe MCP FAT32 mount on USB

Currently I am looking for a default launch image that says mocha on it. If anyone wants to help out on it write it on this thread or pm me.

Last edited by dimok,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, with SEEPROM/OTP/NAND redirection this is theoretically safe to update?

BTW, I've reposted a link to this thread on the wiiuhacks subreddit, if you want me to take it down let me know :)

Reactions: Deleted User

dimok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this an EmuNAND solution in itself or does it have to be coupled with RedNAND?
If im reading OP right, its doesnt currently fully support rednand, but once it does it will most likely be able to dump nand and load it on its own, so yes, it is an emuNAND solution.
It actually does support both modes sysNAND and redNAND. I wrote in the OP that everything iosuhax on my fork can do, this can do too in one application.

Just one more question, does this have wupServer built in?
Yes.

Also, has this been tested to work with the new CBHC?
I did not but there is no reason it should not work i guess. It is a simple HBL elf.

Last edited by dimok,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night