Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any reason to switch from iosuhax to this? The fw.img I'm using is region free, is mocha region free as well?
First two sentences in the OP:
Mocha CFW is a custom firmware that is derived from iosuhax. It offers all the features of iosuhax and some addional features without the requirement of a fw.img on the SD card.
But the reality is, if you're happy with what you have, leave it as is.

Reactions: kevin corms

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,, i just have a simple question,
1. i installed mocha to SDCard and launch homebrewchannel run it for my first time.. it didnt give me a black screen with options on it.. it just kicks me back to WiiU menu.

did i installed it correctly? what is a bug? or i did something wrong?
i am not sure if i am on Mocha CFW. though as it didnt give me the image when i launch mocha and booted me back to WIi u Menu..thanks

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,, i just have a simple question,
1. i installed mocha to SDCard and launch homebrewchannel run it for my first time.. it didnt give me a black screen with options on it.. it just kicks me back to WiiU menu.

did i installed it correctly? what is a bug? or i did something wrong?
i am not sure if i am on Mocha CFW. though as it didnt give me the image when i launch mocha and booted me back to WIi u Menu..thanks

Sorry i figured it ouy, i just deleted the mocha folder and reinstall/Download it on the SDcard using Homebrew Appstore..its working now.. i just dont know why it happends.

thank you

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To install mocha do I just put it in the wii folder?
It has no installation, but Homebrew Launcher has to be able to find it. Most people make a folder for it on their SD card under /wiiu/apps, e.g. /wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf instead of leaving it right at the /wiiu/apps level. That way you can add an icon and description if you want to make it look nice in HBL.

cbloveday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone possibly help me out or point me into the right direction with a link? I'm following the wiiu.guide for installing Mocha, Homebrew Channel, etc. I got Mocha installed using redNAND method. The next step tells me to shut off the system and remove the SD Card and copy back over the files that were deleted during redNAND. I did that then I'm supposed to enter Homebrew via browser and load back into Mocha. Once in Mocha I am supposed to again load Homebrew via browser and this is where I get stuck. I keep either getting stuck on a white screen or I get an error saying I'm not on wifi. I can't proceed to install the actual Homebrew Channel per the guide.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All you have to do is update mocha with the compiled build i posted a few pages back and manually copy your games to USB:/usr/title/00050000/ and mocha will automatically detect them and it will show up on the wii u menu, otherwise mocha will allow loadiine to read the USB drive instead of SD by default but note that all of your wiiu/apps files will have to be put on the usb drive as well.

Hope someday in near future someone founds a way to install the tickets only so we could just install the ticket and copy the content of the game.... It's taking forever to install a game with rednand...

After long time reading about MOCHA + FAT32 HDD. I was hoping to use FAT32 HDD to install games to a WII U HDD Formated. But Wii U wont let me use 2 HDD connected.
Should have a option in MOCHA, to not mount FAT32 HDD ast a WII U HDD, only mount it as a SD. So i could install faster my games.

Copy games to a SDCARD take too much time. Copy to a HDD USB3.0 it's really fast.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once in Mocha I am supposed to again load Homebrew via browser and this is where I get stuck. I keep either getting stuck on a white screen or I get an error saying I'm not on wifi. I can't proceed to install the actual Homebrew Channel per the guide.
why are you using redNAND ?
is it a choice, or do you think you HAVE to?
if it's a choice, that's fine. I'm asking because a lot of people think they NEED redNAND to hack the wiiu which is wrong.

I don't understand the part I quoted.
You are not explaining properly these steps. You are saying that "once in mocha" you have to launch the browser.
You didn't really explain if you are still in Mocha (Mocha is NOT redNAND, Mocha is the homebrew that reloads the console in redirected NAND mode) or if you are stuck inside redNAND after launching Mocha.

backup SD card to PC
browser -> Mocha > redNAND option > format SD card to create a copy of your WiiU to hidden partition
restore SD backup from PC to SD
browser > Mocha <----- is this where it's stuck to white screen ?
or
browser > Mocha > redNAND option > successfully reload the wiiu using redirected partition on SD > browser from redirected NAND <--- or here ?

if you see the WiiU menu, and your issue is launching the browser again from this redirected NAND mode saying the network is not correctly setup, then just run the redNAND's WiiU settings>network, and check if everything is correct.
you will stay in the redirected NAND located on SD card until you shutdown the console. even when you exit the settings you will be in redNAND.
I understand that the NAND copy should have kept all the original NAND settings, and if it worked 5mins ago it should still work on redNAND, but just check your settings and try a connection test. check the DNS setting is correct (or remove it, there's no new console update to block), at least not today.

Last edited by Cyan,

netsparro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
(soon)netsparro.com
XP
Country
Algeria
just a question outside the topic : in psp we can open html files copied in the sd card of the console using the web browser ( example ms0:/folder/index.html )

can't we do the same in wiiu ?
( something like vol or external01...)

Last edited by netsparro,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why are you using redNAND ?
I'm using redNAND becouse of wiiu.guide, i finish all step there.

My question it's safe to use MOCHA over sysNAND + internet? will not brick if a update comes and update my console? I know i can set up DNS, but can i take this risk?

Please, really i'm now very consufe, becouse redNAND toke me hours to be done!!

wiiu.guide
RedNAND
This page is optional. Regular Haxchi works just fine as is; this just offers extra convenience and removes the risk of you accidentally breaking your SysNAND.

Last edited by Redirr,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's safe to use any CFW over sysNAND.
redirected NAND is only a way to run from a copy of your console, to prevent affecting it.

for example, if you plan on trying to mod or theme the WiiU menu, you know you could break something and prevent the console from booting, then you make a copy of your console to SD and work on theming the copy of the system files only instead of touching the internal memory. if something goes wrong, it's only the SD card's NAND copy which is corrupted, your real NAND is still untouched and the console can still boot, you can make a new NAND dump to SD card and try again your modding attempt.

if you only plan on playing games, you really don't need redirected NAND.

just a question outside the topic : in psp we can open html files copied in the sd card of the console using the web browser ( example ms0:/folder/index.html )
can't we do the same in wiiu ?
( something like vol or external01...)
I don't think you can, it would require a html server running on the console to load files from one if its devices.
like if you try to load http://127.0.0.1 for loopback

if what you want is a way to stop using the browser to run the hack, you can install haxchi and get a persistent and easy way to launch homebrew without network requirement.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Redirr

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, it's safe to use any CFW over sysNAND.
Look.

I'm not using my RedNAND anymore. (Now i'm using a brand new microSD).
But i have some questions.

I disabled Autoboot : Disable.

So my first option it's "Boot system Menu" This options already boot SysNAND with CFW?
Or i need to use "Boot Mocha CFW" to get CFW? or Mocha it's a different kind of CFW
I'm really confused this parte.

Don't get me wrong, but all i want its take everything Wii U can give me. But too manu information. I expent hours reading thread to get more confused!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Look.

I'm not using my RedNAND anymore. (Now i'm using a brand new microSD).
But i have some questions.

I disabled Autoboot : Disable.

So my first option it's "Boot system Menu" This options already boot SysNAND with CFW?
Or i need to use "Boot Mocha CFW" to get CFW? or Mocha it's a different kind of CFW
I'm really confused this parte.

Don't get me wrong, but all i want its take everything Wii U can give me. But too manu information. I expent hours reading thread to get more confused!
just put autoboot to sysmenu and it will get sigpatches and region bree on boot automaticlay.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mocha is useful only if you want redNAND or WUP Server, and mocha beta like you said only for the FAT32 USB.
it's slower and unnecessary to use it if you already have CBHC or Haxchi, and that all you want is play games.

Reactions: Redirr

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mocha is useful only if you want redNAND or WUP Server, and mocha beta like you said only for the FAT32 USB.
it's slower and unnecessary to use it if you already have CBHC or Haxchi, and that all you want is play games.
Thank you. I have a new 3ds and im used to understand cfw with different meaning.

But now all make sense.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any reason to use RedNand?

If I just want to use CFW games and DLC, do I need Mocha or will Haxchi do fine?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any reason to use RedNand?

If I just want to use CFW games and DLC, do I need Mocha or will Haxchi do fine?
Some people say it's safer but in fact you can't really mess up sysNAND as long as you don't fool around with system titles or do stupid things with ftpiiu everywhere.
As for now Haxchi (wich sysmenu option) is all you need.
Mocha will become more relevant once FAT32 is a thing.

(It is a thing with most recent build already but Ninty's FAT driver sucks as hell so it's slow and frustrating.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey