Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FAT driver is just a module you can replace with ease. AFAIK someone is already working on FAT replacement, adding NTFS support and enabling all filesystem modules for USB.

How did you come to the conclusions writing a whole operating system from scratch would be more simple? Even if filesystems wouldn't be that modular on IOSU it would still be more simple to hack new drivers into it than writing a whole IOSU replacement. Also that replacement needs to be API compatible to CafeOS or do you want to replace that, too?
In my head it sounded more smart and the idea was more focused on implementing features from cemu (loading wux,wud and other cemu formats) Dolphin (Netplay and controller emulation) and combining wii u and vwii menu fat32 support was more just a side thing also can you give a link to that project since I'd like to test it with a spare drive I have

Last edited by ColdBlitz,

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no link. It was just talked about it on discord servers.
I have seen you mention someone working on ntfs support are they preferring to stay anonymous and when you say on discord servers is it public or more private

Edit: I don't want to say I think you are lying about this but I haven't seen any proof like a download or a proof of concept I know these things take time but I want to wait until I can see atleast a proof of concept or beta version
Post automatically merged:

The FAT driver is just a module you can replace with ease. AFAIK someone is already working on FAT replacement, adding NTFS support and enabling all filesystem modules for USB.
Since you mentioned that its a module then do you know where it is on the respitory of the wii u
wanna see if I can replace it with a different driver hopefully the whole system wouldn't break If I messed up that file right?

Last edited by ColdBlitz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto