Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

cbloveday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working now. I was using redNAND as it was part of the wiiu.guide that I was following. I don't fully understand the redNAND myself. I was just following the guide like I did with my 3DS with the 3ds.guide. Only thing I really want is to copy my discs and play them without losing my save games and to get more games using the Wii U USB Helper. I know to get games with the helper tool I at least need Mocha because of the DLC I will be getting from it. I do not recommend the wiiu.guide though as it was not near as easy as the 3ds.guide was to follow.

Adobo916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I can't seem to find an answer to this. I got Mocha CFW to run on RedNand, everything works fine until I power down the system. I have an external hdd with a Y- Cable that worked just fine during the whole install process and when using SysNand normally. The issue is everytime I boot into Mocha CFW it seems to disconnect my external hdd and gives me the prompt "Please only connect or disconnect USB storage devices while the console is powered off." So my next step is booting the console again to Mocha CFW without the external hdd connected. I am then greeted with -3 black screen. I don't really know where to go to find this solution to my issue but any advice or being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use the fat32hdd version of mocha and dump the band since I don't have a big enough SD card?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to use the fat32hdd version of mocha and dump the band since I don't have a big enough SD card?
"the band"?

But whatever that is, you can use a 64 MB (!) SD card to only launch Mocha CFW and do anything else from your HDD which "becomes your SD then".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it will work if it's replacing the SD with USB when booting redNAND too, but it will format your HDD completely to create a hidden partition on the drive before the FAT32 partition.
don't try it if you have a big partition with lot of important data and no backup.

it will create a MBR partition table, so your HDD must be smaller than 2TB or it might not work.

Buy an SD card, it's cheap and will cause less issues.

Last edited by Cyan,

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it will work if it's replacing the SD with USB when booting redNAND too, but it will format your HDD completely to create a hidden partition on the drive before the FAT32 partition.
don't try it if you have a big partition with lot of important data and no backup.

it will create a MBR partition table, so your HDD must be smaller than 2TB or it might not work.

Buy an SD card, it's cheap and will cause less issues.
Yeah I ment nand stupid auto correct lol and thank you for the help

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it will create a MBR partition table, so your HDD must be smaller than 2TB or it might not work
There is any chance someone could compile a new Mocha FAT32 Support when it's mount only the SD card into a HDD?

So we could at least install games from FAT32HDD Mounted as SD to a Wii U Formated HDD.

Actually i can't use 2 HDD with this nocha version, becouse Wii U wont accept 2 HDD it's own formated since it's see FAt32 HDD as it's wii u hDD

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi,
I successfully installed redNAND and tried to launch The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords (EUR) virtual console title from usb.
However the WiiU just keeps restarting after starting the game. The Wii logo is showing up on the WiiU Gamepad then it just restarts. Other VC titles are loading.
Could someone please assist? Thanks.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I successfully installed redNAND and tried to launch The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords (EUR) virtual console title from usb.
However the WiiU just keeps restarting after starting the game. The Wii logo is showing up on the WiiU Gamepad then it just restarts. Other VC titles are loading.
Could someone please assist? Thanks.
You need to install it to both redNAND and sysNAND

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is any chance someone could compile a new Mocha FAT32 Support when it's mount only the SD card into a HDD?
So we could at least install games from FAT32HDD Mounted as SD to a Wii U Formated HDD.
Actually i can't use 2 HDD with this nocha version, becouse Wii U wont accept 2 HDD it's own formated since it's see FAt32 HDD as it's wii u hDD
the beta0.3beta build is available, it was posted on this thread few page back.
But you can't have 2 HDD connected at the same time.

maybe I didn't understand your questions.
If you asked for a version which work with both SD and FAT32USB so you can install from SD to USB directly, then you'll have to wait for the final version (beta has this bug where HDD is mounted instead of SD).

Last edited by Cyan,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install it to both redNAND and sysNAND
It's an 8GB WiiU, so I guess I am f*cked...
Is there a workaround maybe?
In Antarctica, they use "to" similarly to how US people use "under". The "to" refers to the system part of the install needing to be on both NANDs, not that the entire game needs to be installed to NAND. In other words, boot to sysNAND, install to USB, boot to redNAND, install to USB, Run.

Reactions: xtheman

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this bug where HDD is mounted instead of SD).
I'm using actual version, but it's mount my HDD Fat32 as SD and Wiiu HDD. What i meaning if someone with skills could compile again and make it mount only "SD" not HDD. Since HDD not working at all.

I have hope someday we will see a final version of this Mocha. But untill there a only way to mount only SD should be great. Since it a pain to install games from SD to Wii U HDD.

I have a 128 MicroSD Ultra Sandisk, but i don't know why it's slow ( 5mb/s - 8mb/s ) then my 64GB MicroSD Ultra ( 11mb/s - 16mb/s )

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, what you want is bug fixing. you'll have to wait for a developer to do that. (dimok or someone else, or nobody if no one care).

Bigger SD can be slower because it has more data to access.
just use your 64GB SD card if you want to install a game.

If you want to install a game from SD to WiiU HDD, DO NOT USE MOCHA !!
if you have haxchi, or cbhc, you don't need mocha.
if you don't have haxchi, you can use "simple signature patcher" which is doing the job faster than mocha.
if you really want to use Mocha (why?), then use v0.2, not 0.3beta.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With mocha 0.3b, you can use FAT32 HDD as if it was a WiiU formated HDD (the console will not know), but the game will be very slow as it's using nintendo's FAT32 drivers to access the game. nintendo did a bad FAT32 driver (maybe on purpose).
So, using 0.3b, you can store your wii and gc games in one folder, and your Wiiu "fake, redirected USB HDD" in another folder.

It's also a beta and it's missing lot of features, like copy/move/install game directly to USB from wup installer.
you'll have to do lot of tricks and edit manually the files on the drive to make the game work.
not sure it's worth your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1