Mobile Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem will be "free to play"

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Isao Moriyasu, Chief Executive of DeNa, the company developing the mobile titles of Nintendo, has told the Wall Street Journal that both the mobile versions of Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing will both be monetized through in-app purchases.

Isao Moriyasu has use he term "free-to-start" meaning that the game may either charge you for additional in-game currency, premium content, or in the case of Fire Emblem, charging you for additional chapters, revival of dead characters or other "special" characters.

While both will be free-to-play, these titles for mobile devices will be actual games unlike Miitomo, which was a social network merged with a game.

Both Fire Emblem and Animal crossing for mobile are expected to arrive sometime in Fall of 2016. Two more additional titles are rumored to come to the mobile market by March 2017.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by nxwing,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>Animal Crossing Mobile Game
Cool!

>Free to play
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
*bashes head on wall*

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little scared for Animal crossing, but for Fire Emblem...

If it is pay for character revival or item renewal, it wouldn't be so bad for in-app purchases. at least in my opinion, it is going to teach players how to play classic mode were every move counts without the users having to be able to reset the game once a character dies.

^^^ It's a genius idea!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Free-to-start, aka pay-to-finish.
gif.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Revival of dead characters.

Fucking called it.

Well, I don't endorse modern gaming's bad habits like F2P bullshit cow-clickers designed to extract absurd amounts of money out of stupid people. So I'll stick with my classics like the SNES until all this blows over, the industry learns they can't always get away with this bollocks, and we can get back on track towards another Golden Age of Gaming instead of sliding down this slippery slope to join the fallen such as EA and Konami in the big pile of shit the modern gaming world has become.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was going to say RIP Animal Crossing, but it died a long time ago.

But RIP Fire Emblem. Hopefully the mobile game does terrible.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My thoughts exactly. I want a full game without all these Nintendo rip-off micro-transactions. I don't mind paying full price if they bring me a title I want.
At least I'll be able to pay off Tom Nook immediately by using lots of my hard-earned real-life cash!

(or maybe I'll just use one of those nifty IAP hacks)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is pay for character revival or item renewal, it wouldn't be so bad for in-app purchases. at least in my opinion, it is going to teach players how to play classic mode were every move counts without the users having to be able to reset the game once a character dies.
I think resetting the level is punishing enough. Reseting gets the point across without spending money.

My thoughts exactly. I want a full game without all these Nintendo rip-off micro-transactions. I don't mind paying full price if they bring me a title I want.
Then buy the consoles.

People keep forgetting that this is not their main thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja...