Gaming MMS?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. All an MMS is is a normal memory stick with a few homebrew files on it. No difference other than that.

It's also convienent to always have the MMS homebrew on in case your only way of writing to the MS is through the PSP.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
But you can use your Pandora as a normal battery, i havn't tired it but theres something called a time machine.

I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not, anyways. It really depends on which way you mod your battery to be a pandora, if you use software, then you can easily change it back when your done, I do it all the time. If you hard mod it on the other hand, thats a whole different story.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use despartar del cementario v8 on you MS to turn it into a MMS it will automatically install time machine on your MS as well. With this setup a pandora's battery will operate as a normal battery.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
When you use despartar del cementario v8 on you MS to turn it into a MMS it will automatically install time machine on your MS as well. With this setup a pandora's battery will operate as a normal battery.

I do not think it will automaticly install TM.
It will inject the MS to be able to boot with pandora.
However this will allow you to boot your PSP with a pandora inserted if nothing is pressed.

To install TM you will need the TM setup and the old firmware PBP files.
Inject the memstick and install the TM firmwares 1 by 1.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evilmaster1985 said:
hundshamer said:

I do not think it will automaticly install TM.
It will inject the MS to be able to boot with pandora.
However this will allow you to boot your PSP with a pandora inserted if nothing is pressed.

To install TM you will need the TM setup and the old firmware PBP files.
Inject the memstick and install the TM firmwares 1 by 1.
We are both right. It installs Time Machine but none of the firmware to be launched.

@justinefremlouw - download Despertar Del Cementario 8 (DC8) and find the official 5.00 update and rename the eboot to 500.pbp. Put the 500.pbp in the root of your memory stick and DC8 in x:/PSP/Game/ and run it on your PSP (provided you have a custom firmware installed already). You can then use the new GEN update to update the DC8 folder to have GEN instead of M33.

Here's a kicker I don't have anything but ISO's and emulators on my stick (no MMS files) and my Pandora's still boots to XMB.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
@justinefremlouw - download Despertar Del Cementario 8 (DC8) and find the official 5.00 update and rename the eboot to 500.pbp. Put the 500.pbp in the root of your memory stick and DC8 in x:/PSP/Game/ and run it on your PSP (provided you have a custom firmware installed already). You can then use the new GEN update to update the DC8 folder to have GEN instead of M33.
Can I do this if I'm already in GEN? And I could use the VSH in GEN to turn my battery into pandora right?
Do I create the MMS, then pandora? Also, what will trigger the service mode, since at the end, I will be using MMS and pandora regularly, is there ever a reason to turn the battery back to normal?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
1. Can I do this if I'm already in GEN?
2. And I could use the VSH in GEN to turn my battery into pandora right?
3. Do I create the MMS, then pandora?
4. Also, what will trigger the service mode, since at the end...
5. ...I will be using MMS and pandora regularly is there ever a reason to turn the battery back to normal?
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. That's what I did.
4. Open your memory stick. Open the "TM" folder. Open the config.txt and change "nothing" to "L" without the quotes, and save. Now press "L" on your PSP from a cold boot (when your PSP is turned all the way off first) and you will trigger the installer.
5. No

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...