Hacking Hardware Can some knock off PSP batteries be turned into a pandora?

MyPSPIsDeadBigSad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all, recently dug out my old PSP 1002 and it ain't working. Seems to be bricked. First things first, I threw away my old battery (pandora) because I discovered it months ago super swollen.

I have a third party battery now and the PSP won't boot. The power light stays on for a few seconds then switches off. Nothing shows up on the screen and the MMS light indicator doesn't even blink.

I've tried all the button combos to try and get into recovery mode but none of them work.

So I'm thinking I may need a pandora to unbrick it, problem is it's impossible to find an OEM battery now.

Is it possible to hardmod a third party battery into a pandora?

Thank you!

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Only Sony batteries (1000-only) can be modded as a Pandora. Unless you have one of the now-rare Pandora batteries which used to be purchasable from DealExtreme a long time ago.

20170301105252_oem_tool_pandora_battery_pack_psp.jpeg

You'll have to use BaryonSweeper like someone else has already mentioned.

MyPSPIsDeadBigSad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: I made the baryon sweeper and I'm up to this point. What do I do now? Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Update 2: The first time it gave me an OK screen it just hung and did nothing. I disconnected the power and went through the process again, the OK screen came up AGAIN and nothing happened. Disconnected power, but this time in the sweeper program I selected "normal boot".... She booted up perfectly fine and now she's fully operational! Thank you!!! @RealYoti @master801

Attachments

• 20230301_211736.jpg
    20230301_211736.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 69
Last edited by MyPSPIsDeadBigSad,

mugichan990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I made the baryon sweeper and I'm up to this point. What do I do now? Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Update 2: The first time it gave me an OK screen it just hung and did nothing. I disconnected the power and went through the process again, the OK screen came up AGAIN and nothing happened. Disconnected power, but this time in the sweeper program I selected "normal boot".... She booted up perfectly fine and now she's fully operational! Thank you!!! @RealYoti @master801
I have 2 PSP 1001s that im trying to unbrick but no luck even with Baryon Sweeper, i get a steady green light black screen and no memory card reading light. I know that my baryon sweeper does work cause i tried it on my working psp and works perfectly. I don't really know the background of these PSPs but both have the same bricked symptoms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1