Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kaligula said:
Wiiwu said:
Yes 12.8 is the latest, just released 2 days back, the download link on the 1st post is always updated, which is this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/235955829/bb6c...nager_v128.html

xzxero, as jskyboo has mentioned, we have cleaned up their bugs and improved on it. And I will be skeptical on whatever they still have to say, seeing that they don't even know their own tool that well?!

where can I download the source code?

You can't.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
you can ask for it but like me you probably get sent the outdated source version just so he doesnt have to distribute the source IMHO

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, 12.0 or something like that because he's "lost" the source. I know WiiWu is meant to be working on removing all the GPL code for the next release but doesn't seem to get that he still shouldn't release versions he can't/won't supply the source for until that's done. Also having a snide go at people when he's learned from their source (that he built the cuurent releases of his tool on) but won't let anyone see the changes so they can maybe learn from the mistakes he's spotted is not really cricket.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
iconzb.png
[MMM] Multi-Mod-Manager is a multi-purpose all-in-one tool for the Wii. Many useful functions are neatly integrated into a easy-to-use menu interface to enable and better support Wii home-brew. Like a handy 'Swiss knife', it helps you avoid the hassle of dealing with different separate tools but does not compromise on its features or functionality.

Download link: Multi-Mod-Manager v12.8

Home page: Multi-Mod-Manager

Current v12.8 has been through quite a bit of changes. With a improved user interface, we now have a powerful tool for the Wii that is easy to use and importantly, easy to understand.

The WAD manager has been significantly enhanced with a new handy 1-button batch wad install feature, plus also the option to use the +/- buttons for batch selection. It now shows clearer real-time status on what's happening to help us avoid mistakes and ensure errors are not missed. And a new safety feature allow us to abort lengthy batch operations with a press of the B button.

Also new is a fast App Launcher to launch your other homebrew from SD, a Wii System Information screen to let you see at a glance if the Wii system settings are correctly set and a new Express mode 'TBR' to install/patch IOS36 for better support of all homebrew.

Unlike other apps, MMM doesn't force you to load a IOS on start-up. However for better compatibility, you may wish to reload to a cIOS from Wanikoko or Hermes; such as IOS249, 250, 222 or 223. To reload a IOS, go to the new easy to use IOS selector by pressing D-pad Left or select from the menu.

There is more, so just simply try and explore to find out what's new. If you have ideas for further feature enhancements or any bug reports do let me know. And as with all tools, please keep the children away and use it yourself appropriately.
smile.gif

Screenshot:
mmmq.jpg

Features:
  • One button install of all wads in a folder
  • Hold +/- button to toggle select/deselect of all wads
  • Allow abort of batch wad operation with button B
  • Easy one glance view of all IOS to manage/dop
  • Fast APP launcher, launch most homebrew apps from SD
  • View your Wii System Information and settings
  • Hold button for continuous scrolling in WAD/APP manager
  • Easy navigation with D-pad and shortcut buttons
  • Express 'TBR' install/patch of IOS36
  • Improved menu interface
  • etc.. do try, explore and see what's new
Updates:

v12.8
  • added Wii System Information for a quick check on a Wii's essential settings
  • added to WAD Manager a option to abort batch operations with B button; useful for avoiding user accidents
  • WAD batch operation now display clearer view of current wad status and a final status report so errors will not be missed
  • changed install/tbr patch of ios36 to look for backup folder from \wad instead of \wads
  • speedup App launcher to near instant launching of homebrew apps; speed is now limited only by SD card
  • added to IOS Manager a option to reload another IOS with Home button
  • IOS Manager will avoid deletion of System Menu's IOS
  • Updated IOS description database
  • Restore use of classic and gamecube controllers
  • Fizzy screensaver to save plasma screens
  • Reorganised menu, prompts and bugfixes
v12.7 - Hold D-PAD for continuous scrolling in App/Wad manager, hold +/- to toggle selection of all wads, revert wad startup dir
v12.6 - added App launcher, express tbr install keeps IOS15 v257 to support Hackmii
v12.5 - added express tbr install/patch of IOS36, more UI enhancements
v12.3 - more UI enhancement, priiloader moved to main menu, auto stub removal for ios222,223,249, fixed IOS36 tbr install
v12.2 - avoids dsi when exiting.

Credits:
jskyboo - initial codebase, a nicely merged in set of tools with enhancements
Marcmax - original dop-ios for managing IOS, based off tona's shop installer
Waninkoko - WAD Manager
wiiNinja,Sorg,mariomaniac33,Leathl - WAD Manager enhancements
Daco - priiloader magicword
Crediar - preloader hack editor
WillPower - TBR: Trucha Bug Restorer, boot2 info
dopmii/dopiosmod Team - System Menu, Channel installer
Giantpune - Check and remove stubs
Tona - AnyTitledeleter code to delete stub title
TeenTin,Maisto,wes11ph - auto stub removal and app launcher ideas
Team Twiizers/devkitPRO/Programmer's Notepad

Please PM or email me directly with details and references if I have missed anyone in this extensive list of credit or if you wish to request source.

-----

Reminder: This is a thread to support MMM users and gather feedback on improving MMM's features and bug reports. If you wish to discuss any other areas, do so by sending me a PM or email. We like to keep this thread clean and on topic from now on.
cool, now i just need a reason to use it

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, I'm looking for users who like to beta test the next version.

I've never asked before but as this one has extensive underlying changes, I thought it could use some testing. Please let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the link, thanks.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:

I've never asked before but as this one has extensive underlying changes, I thought it could use some testing. Please let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the link, thanks.
I'm interested.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wiiwu said:

I assume you know my interest.
happy.gif

Yes. I am very interested.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sure, just send me a pm with it along with the changes that have been made, and I will test every option the beta MMM has.

Is there is an "ideal" test enviroment (i.e. which IOS should be installed, which cIOS, etc.)?
Because if there is, I'll make my Wii match said environment before testing.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there ANYWAY on earth to output which base IOS has been used on a cIOS?

Possible to create/use an algorithm to analyze and compare cIOS structure on the wii, rather than just a maxed our rev number?

Seems like a useful feature request to me
smile.gif

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KiiWii said:
Is there ANYWAY on earth to output which base IOS has been used on a cIOS?

Possible to create/use an algorithm to analyze and compare cIOS structure on the wii, rather than just a maxed our rev number?

Seems like a useful feature request to me
smile.gif

CFG Loader tells you in the settings the cIOS it is running under. (For me it says "IOS222 v4 Base IOS38")

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Schweeeet! Why don't more apps have this readout? I can never remember if iv left my wii on 249+250[37] for MHT or 249[57]/250[38] for everything else.

If this could be added to "display wii system info" it would be awesome!

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Majroa, I've sent you the test ver link to try.

I'm also interested to know from all who are testing this ver, besides general stability; specifically is the display ok on other region wii (pal, europe,etc), any missing rows/lines? (@teentin, is it ok on your component connected wii now?)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wiiwu said:
Majroa, I've sent you the test ver link to try.

I'm also interested to know from all who are testing this ver, besides general stability; specifically is the display ok on other region wii (pal, europe,etc), any missing rows/lines? (@teentin, is it ok on your component connected wii now?)

The display is perfect !

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Wiiwu said:

I'm interested too i have alot of wii consoles to test just feel free to send your beta version to me
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.