Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This app is so great, thank you!

A question regarding the batch wad installer, is it possible to install let's say a VC game directly to the sd card instead of the wii? Instead of installing to the wii and then moving them to the sd card?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
e2zippo said:

A question regarding the batch wad installer, is it possible to install let's say a VC game directly to the sd card instead of the wii? Instead of installing to the wii and then moving them to the sd card?
I think Leathl has a better shot at this.

If he could find a way to extract the content of a WAD and put it on the SD card like the Wii settings do and just have a WAD with a ticket and title.
That way all you have to do is install the ticket and title and the content is already on the SD card.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xzxero said:
e2zippo said:

I think Leathl has a better shot at this.

If he could find a way to extract the content of a WAD and put it on the SD card like the Wii settings do and just have a WAD with a ticket and title.
That way all you have to do is install the ticket and title and the content is already on the SD card.

All the info needed is here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Content.bin_file_s...#File_structure. It would be better to just use a normal wad, only install the ticket and then pack everything else into the content.bin. But what's the point when we've got triiforce and SNEEK?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiiwu

I sent you a PM a while ago now requesting the most current source for MMM, i have yet to receive it or even a reply.

Yet again i request the source of MMM, i have posted it here so that at least everyone knows i have do so and hopefully you abide by the GPL and release it

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
e2zippo said:

No problem, as for the direct install to SD, afraid that at the moment its not possible as the information on the SD format is still incomplete.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed something obvious, but is there any way to use the USB 2.0 partition instead of the SD card? I don't see any option for it.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi wes11ph, its probably later than sooner. Meanwhile if you like to test, I did previously made a never released custom MMM with HackMii build, it had Hackmii integrated, saving me a file/folder to remember.

hdhacker said:
Sorry if I missed something obvious, but is there any way to use the USB 2.0 partition instead of the SD card? I don't see any option for it.
The usb works in ios manager screen but in wad manager it was defaulted to sd. I will enable back usb support for wad manager next ver.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
@Wiiwu:
hi Wiiwu i'd like to thank you for your great app MMM but when i used it to mod some wii consoles and after i patched IOS36 and installed a CIOS249 V19 Wad file then tried to install CIOSCrop from app launcher i got a lot of errors also when trying to downgrade to System menu 4.1 from system menu 4.2 and changing region using offline mod of Any Region Changer a got this errors also. i didn't know wht but after some tries a found a solution for this first i must patch IOS36 then install a CIOS249 then reload it and using it to install CIOSCrop or ARC also both of them using this way work without any error
so can i ask you to make a new update for your great app and let it autoload IOS249 if it installed automatically and check for it before using WAD Manager or App Launcher since it will give us more power to use a homebrew app
wink.gif

thank you so much

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
another addon app will be very good to add if you can add ARC offline mod to your MMM this will be in my opinion the best softmod tool every for wii scene
wink.gif

Thank you so much

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Abkarino said:
@Wiiwu:
hi Wiiwu i'd like to thank you for your great app MMM but when i used it to mod some wii consoles and after i patched IOS36 and installed a CIOS249 V19 Wad file then tried to install CIOSCrop from app launcher i got a lot of errors also when trying to downgrade to System menu 4.1 from system menu 4.2 and changing region using offline mod of Any Region Changer a got this errors also. i didn't know wht but after some tries a found a solution for this first i must patch IOS36 then install a CIOS249 then reload it and using it to install CIOSCrop or ARC also both of them using this way work without any error
so can i ask you to make a new update for your great app and let it autoload IOS249 if it installed automatically and check for it before using WAD Manager or App Launcher since it will give us more power to use a homebrew app
wink.gif

thank you so much

Its true a CIOS can perform certain operations that a patched IOS36 can't. Like you, I would once cios249 is installed do a reload to it and continue on to batch install cioscorp's wads. Then use app launcher to continue with ARC offline.

I have added back support to autoload ios as set in wm_config.txt for next ver, automatic check is a idea to explore. But ARC is unlikely to be integrated when we can easily just launch into it and most importantly I don't have a boot2 bootmii wii to test this safely.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Wiiwu said:
Abkarino said:
@Wiiwu:
wink.gif

thank you so much

Its true a CIOS can perform certain operations that a patched IOS36 can't. Like you, I would once cios249 is installed do a reload to it and continue on to batch install cioscorp's wads. Then use app launcher to continue with ARC offline.

I have added back support to autoload ios as set in wm_config.txt for next ver, automatic check is a idea to explore. But ARC is unlikely to be integrated when we can easily just launch into it and most importantly I don't have a boot2 bootmii wii to test this safely.

i can't say more than thank you so much man for your help
wink.gif

auto reloading CIOS249 after installing it will help a lot of homebrew apps to start and to do its work
wink.gif

also about ARC offline mode i think it's safe to add it and if you want i can test it for you i have alot of wii consoles here to test so don't worry about that
wink.gif

also since priiloader is open source why you didn't include it's installer also like your MMM-HackMii version it'll be better to rename Mange PreLoader Hacks to PreLoader Installer & Configurations and add an option to install priiloader it self if it not found in NAND.

i think by doing this your app will be the ultimate tool to softmod any Wii console
wink.gif

Thank you so much
bow.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiiwu said:
Hi wes11ph, its probably later than sooner. Meanwhile if you like to test, I did previously made a never released custom MMM with HackMii build, it had Hackmii integrated, saving me a file/folder to remember.

hdhacker said:
The usb works in ios manager screen but in wad manager it was defaulted to sd. I will enable back usb support for wad manager next ver.

Seeing as redistributing the Hackmii installer is against its license why not just make launching that an option if the installer is on the SD somewhere? And that would also mean people could just replace one or the other app when they are updated, and you're not spitting in TTs face.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes, all-in-1 but surely not everything. Assimilating HackMii was more a experiment and a convenient thing to do that came at the cost of a bigger file size.

Still will take note of your suggestions for the future but don't expect much changes in next ver as it is more of a internal rewrite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.