Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
cursing at each other isn't going to change anything

I would politely ask that if u don't have something constructive to say, then don't post it unless u consider urself on the same level as Arikado or wiiwu.

no1 cares what app u decide to use or not use and why you made your choice... especially if you're bad mouthing either of the apps or devs

if one app starts bricking people, it will quickly become apparent... so lets not make assumptions that this app or that app can cause bricks without a single reported case (from either app). so until that day comes, lets assume both apps are safe

there are advantages of both apps, if u can't see that, then I think you're just being closed minded

as for MMM using outdated code... well, give wiiwu a break and maybe he'll update it! And apparently the old code was good enough for the dop-mii team a couple months ago... it got the job done then... and it still gets the job done now (obviously I think v12 > v11, but b4 v12 was released we were all happy using v11)

For the record, I don't really use either app all that often... but I think developing both apps will satisfy those who prefer dop-mii and those who prefer MMM. As long as they don't start bricking people, I see no reason why these apps can't peacefully co-exist.

Cornell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put the latest versions of WAD Manager, DOP-Mii, and MMM all next to eachother on your SD Card, you would never choose MMM (unless of course you want to risk damaging your Wii with questionable and illegal chinese software based upon outdated software)

Romaap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xflak40 said:

I would politely ask that if u don't have something constructive to say, then don't post it unless u consider urself on the same level as Arikado or wiiwu.

no1 cares what app u decide to use or not use and why you made your choice... especially if you're bad mouthing either of the apps or devs

if one app starts bricking people, it will quickly become apparent... so lets not make assumptions that this app or that app can cause bricks without a single reported case (from either app). so until that day comes, lets assume both apps are safe

there are advantages of both apps, if u can't see that, then I think you're just being closed minded

as for MMM using outdated code... well, give wiiwu a break and maybe he'll update it! And apparently the old code was good enough for the dop-mii team a couple months ago... it got the job done then... and it still gets the job done now (obviously I think v12 > v11, but b4 v12 was released we were all happy using v11)

For the record, I don't really use either app all that often... but I think developing both apps will satisfy those who prefer dop-mii and those who prefer MMM. As long as they don't start bricking people, I see no reason why these apps can't peacefully co-exist.
stop posting stuff just to increase your postcount, it doesn't add to the actual conversation.

Cornell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Romaap: While it is ontopic I completely agree that is does not resolve anything. So long as this poor excuse for an app MMM violates the GPL, it does not deserve a right to exist and thus does not have a right to coexist with DOP-Mii.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that was fun. Thanks for giving me a good amount of cleanup time in my already busy life.

From here on out, any bullshit will be deleted, and suspensions will be handed. If anyone REPLIES to bullshit, it'll be deleted, and suspensions will be handed.

This has gone on long enough, and has gone very much off topic, in the most horridly of irritating ways. From all sides. So it ends.

Don't flame, don't respond to flames, i'll be keeping an eye 'round these parts.

grog.gif
Cheers everyone!
grog.gif

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:

It is quite obvious this has descended to the use of drone accounts to add fire to their campaign to spread FUD about MMM. They just don't realise how badly it reflects on them or maybe they do, so now we see drones all over here.

QUOTEas for MMM using outdated code... well, give wiiwu a break and maybe he'll update it! And apparently the old code was good enough for the dop-mii team a couple months ago... it got the job done then... and it still gets the job done now (obviously I think v12 > v11, but b4 v12 was released we were all happy using v11)

If you think of code as a language then you'll understand its just another of their nonsense about new vs outdated code because there is no such thing as outdated code. All the tools we use are built on code written a long time ago, the good code just gets reused and if there is a bug or need to improve we update it as we have done in MMM and are still doing. Code like a language is not a static thing, my code for sure with each release changes, hopefully for the better.
smile.gif

BTW I have updated my first post with a detail list of credits to replace the brief one in hbc's meta.xml

And thanks to WildWon for the moderation.

ArchangelX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
archangel.0rangechicken.com
XP
Country
United States
WildWon, go to fucking hell. I don't give a shit if I'm banned, this site sucks balls anyways.
You deleted all of the people backing DOP-Mii's posts, and NONE of MMM's. Way to be a fucking balanced mod and not take sides. You all need to just go die and give up this useless shit. This is one of the reasons why I fucking left this scene.
TL;DR: FUCK YOU ALL FAGGOTS

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Mods and Admins,

I would like to request that you delete this entire thread.

The author of the application is breaking the GPL by not properly crediting authors like myself who have written a large amount of code present in his program. It also breaks the GPL by Wiiwu not releasing the source code to his program as the source code contained within the program is licensed under the GPL. I know that GBATemp has a strict policy against distributing illegal files and I strongly encourage you to honor it.

In the posts of mine that were deleted as well as Lunatiks posts which were not deleted we asked WiiWu to made his program abide by the GPL and he has repeatedly made it very clear to us he has no intention of doing so.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
have you checked the 1st post lately, credits are given, only awaiting source now, i can say i have requested the source and yet to receive it but as you say it should be already available with the app due to GPL

QUOTE said:
Credits:
jskyboo - initial codebase, a nicely merged in set of tools with enhancements
Marcmax - original dop-ios for managing IOS, based off tona's shop installer
Waninkoko - WAD Manager
wiiNinja,Sorg,Leathl - WAD Manager enhancements
Daco - priiloader magicword
Crediar - preloader hack editor
WillPower - TBR: Trucha Bug Restorer, boot2 info
Lunatik,Arikado - System Menu, Channel installer
Giantpune - Check and remove stubs
Tona - AnyTitledeleter code to delete stub title
Team Twiizers/devkitPRO/Programmer's Notepad

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
have you checked the 1st post lately, credits are given, only awaiting source now, i can say i have requested the source and yet to receive it but as you say it should be already available with the app due to GPL
The app itself only mentions Wiiwu and jskyboo. The meta.xml and/or the program itself must list us as well for us to receive our legally entitled credit. Also, SifJar and PhoenixTank of my old Dop-IOS MOD team are not being given the credit they deserve.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
OArikadoO said:
pepxl said:
The app itself only mentions Wiiwu and jskyboo. The meta.xml and/or the program itself must list us as well for us to receive our legally entitled credit. Also, SifJar and PhoenixTank of my old Dop-IOS MOD team are not being given the credit they deserve.

i see, i didnt realize the app itself didn't contain all required parties, just ignore me lolz

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
noobwarrior7 said:
the program doesn't have to list you.
According to the GPL yes it does. Read it for yourself: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Edit: noobwarrior7s comment was deleted. Thanks mods
smile.gif

well yea, that's one response, but I'm still right. it's totally optional to just include it anywhere in the package.

+ I was really also getting at: "no, he doesn't have to do what you say."

and...do you "get" the GPL? cuz...you're doing it wrong.

PS: did I do anything removal-worthy this time, cuz im perplexed about the previous post? strange choice...since I'm one of the few people supporting this "thread"....in this "forum"....where we like to have "threads"....disagreement isn't needed? tsk tsk.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi all, a friendly reminder that this is a thread to support MMM users and gather feedback on improving MMM's features and bug reports.

If you wish to discuss any other areas, please do so by sending me a PM or email directly. We like to keep this thread clean and on topic from now on, thanks.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke +1