Hardware MIND BLOWN! Maybe the Best Damn GC/Wii U controllers EVER!

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like an easy aesthetic thing that could be done with the controller even, with the resulting click mimicking a standard CC analog trigger being pushed all the way down.

I don't feel this kind of company would go the extra mile to do all of this and then not advertise it.
These are most likely just standard CCPs with digital back triggers.

wereyoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to simply make a classic controller to GameCube port connector? That might solve the rumble issue. Then, they could simply plug into the GameCube controller adapter.
Third party classic controller to gamecube adapters exist already.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's great Nintendo, I like those new controllers, uh-huh.

...why are you making accessories for a console you've already discontinued instead of making them for your brand-new Wii U? You're not fooling me - that's a Classic Controller, I bet it'll work with the Wii. Why isn't it based on the Wii U Pro Controller instead? :rolleyes:

Then again, I should probably address that complaint to PDP since they're the ones making the controllers.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's great Nintendo, I like those new controllers, uh-huh.

...why are you making accessories for a console you've already discontinued instead of making them for your brand-new Wii U? You're not fooling me - that's a Classic Controller, I bet it'll work with the Wii. Why isn't it based on the Wii U Pro Controller instead? :rolleyes:

Then again, I should probably address that complaint to PDP since they're the ones making the controllers.
... the PS line kept their controller design for all ps consoles. Barely anyone complains.
Same for Xbox. And yet, when PDP in this case brings back the design, everyone throws a hissy fit LOL.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
... the PS line kept the design for all ps consoles. Barely anyone complains.
I don't particularly fancy the PlayStation's analog stick positioning, but then again, it's better than putting the right analog stick in place of the function buttons. For all intents and purposes, this "regression" is "progress" for the Wii U. :rofl2:

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't particularly fancy the PlayStation's analog stick positioning, but then again, it's better than putting the right analog stick in place of the function buttons. For all intents and purposes, this "regression" is "progress" for the Wii U. :rofl2:
Edited my post to make it a bit more comical. Damn u reply fast. LOL

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Edited my post to make it a bit more comical. Damn u reply fast. LOL
Not really throwing a hissy fit here, the Gamecube controller layout is far superior to the Wii U's, I'm just saying that it should be made for a console that's, y'know, in production. There's no reason why this thing should be connected to the WiiMote as if it was on life support. :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
These look damn sexy, and I will buy the Mario one as soon as I can use it with Nintendont :P

Not really throwing a hissy fit here, the Gamecube controller layout is far superior to the Wii U's, I'm just saying that it should be made for a console that's, y'know, in production. There's no reason why this thing should be connected to the WiiMote as if it was on life support. :P
Wii U games still use the Wiimote.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you fussing about these controllers basically being classic controllers, have you every heard of capitalizing on two consoles. Games are STILL being made for the original Wii console. Having these controllers plug into the Wii Remote basically ensures that they will be compatible with as many Wii and Wii U consoles as possible. The one thing that sucks is that not many Wii Games with GameCube/Classic Controller support had adjustable controls :( Also, before I forget, I sent a tweet to PDP, asking them to confirm whether or not the triggers are analog. -no response yet :(

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm gonna go with Mario's Wii U NGC controller when I end up purchasing it! I love these revved up GameCube controllers!

Although I do wish they were wireless.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I love the gamecube controller. It is the best controller ever made - but only if the games were specially made for the controller. So a classic controller pro designed like a gamecube controller makes no sense. It's only useful for very few games like smash brothers which still have the old gamecube controls on Wii and Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    +1
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P +1