Hardware MIND BLOWN! Maybe the Best Damn GC/Wii U controllers EVER!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...What games are still being made for the Wii? The Wii is dead, it has been for at least a year now, surely you mean "shovelware", yes? :rofl2:

Here is a tiny list of games being released for Wii
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-releases-of-2014.367514/ (...damn, got ninja'd)

According to Wikipedia, 101.06 (million) Wii consoles have been sold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales

Quite frankly, there are a TON of Wii gamers who would appreciate these controllers. You say that the Wii is dead yet there are STILL people playing games online via their Wii consoles and not just through Wiimmfi. The Call of Duty and EA games are still active.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here is a tiny list of games being released for Wii
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-releases-of-2014.367514/ (...damn, got ninja'd)

According to Wikipedia, 101.06 Wii consoles have been sold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales

Quite frankly, there are a TON of Wii gamers who would appreciate these controllers. You say that the Wii is dead yet there are STILL people playing games online via their Wii consoles and not just through Wiimmfi. The Call of Duty and EA games are still active.
Ehh... beating the dead horse. The Wii was a 100-million-selling dust collector. Don't get me wrong - I have one and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the system has little AAA to offer, all things considered. As far as the upcoming games are concerned, it's mostly shovelware. The Wii is on its way out, sad but true. ;)

Reactions: foob

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh... beating the dead horse. The Wii was a 100-million-selling dust collector. Don't get me wrong - I have one and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the system has little AAA to offer, all things considered. As far as the upcoming games are concerned, it's mostly shovelware. The Wii is on its way out, sad but true. ;)

And once again, you act like everybody is you. Just because YOU are done with the original Wii, it does not mean that people who are JUST getting around to the Wii are done with it. I would give the classic Wii another year and a half of new releases and two more years on notable retail traffic. There are still a lot of new Wii consoles on shelves and those consoles can STILL be used for Netflix, YouTube, HULU, Amazon video and basic web browsing. The wii has just begin finding its aftermarket wings. -more like, life after "death".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And once again, you act like everybody is you. Just because YOU are done with the original Wii, it does not mean that people who are JUST getting around to the Wii are done with it. I would give the classic Wii another year and a half of new releases and two more years on notable retail traffic. There are still a lot of new Wii consoles on shelves and those consoles can STILL be used for Netflix, YouTube, HULU, Amazon video and basic web browsing. The wii has just begin finding its aftermarket wings. -more like, life after "death".
...there are people who are still getting around the Wii? As far as I know, sales worldwide have slowed down to an absolute crawl. I'm not saying that the Wii is 6 feet under, I'm saying that it's on its way out and there will be no more notable releases. If you dig the occasional shovelware title, that's your prerogative - for all intents and purposes the Wii still might get Just Dance 10 five years from now.

As for surfing the web or watching online streaming on the Wii... I'm pretty sure your average Android box does both about a zillion quadrillion times better. The Wii's browser is terrible for today's standards and the system isn't working in HD so even applications like Netfix or YouTube lag behind cheaper alternative solutions - I doubt anyone's going to pick the system up specifically for those features when their phones likely do a better job at them.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...there are people who are still getting around the Wii? As far as I know, sales worldwide have slowed down to an absolute crawl. I'm not saying that the Wii is 6 feet under, I'm saying that it's on its way out and there will be no more notable releases. If you dig the occasional shovelware title, that's your prerogative - for all intents and purposes the Wii still might get Just Dance 10 five years from now. ;)

Ill pick up Just Dance 15 and the new Skylanders. I actually wish that Nickelodeon would spit out one more TMNT Wii game. Last year's game was pretty decent for a supposed shovelware game. I can see the classic Wii surviving off of movie tie in games for the kids and I would be perfectly fine with that. Actually I really wished that the smaller studios would hop on this. Finally, while it might not matter much, the Indiego! store will also be available on the console soon. So essentially, there will be "new" content on the console, just not the best content.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ill pick up Just Dance 15 and the new Skylanders. I actually wish that Nickelodeon would spit out one more TMNT Wii game. Last year's game was pretty decent for a supposed shovelware game. I can see the classic Wii surviving off of movie tie in games for the kids and I would be perfectly fine with that. Actually I really wished that the smaller studios would hop on this. Finally, while it might not matter much, the Indiego! store will also be available on the console soon. So essentially, there will be "new" content on the console, just not the best content.
The way I see it, the Wii had the charm of motion controls which quickly took the world by storm, but this charm evaporated as quickly as it appeared and I'm willing to wager that the great majority of the systems sold ended up gathering dust in closets or thrift store shelves as soon as the "big name game" draught began. I've had a great time with mine, I played most of the notable releases for it and I still occasionally boot it on parties, but that's about it. It was a good system, I just wish that it wasn't so underpowered in comparison to the PS3/360 - perhaps then it'd see more high-end releases.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, the Wii had the charm of motion controls which quickly took the world by storm, but this charm evaporated as quickly as it appeared and I'm willing to wager that the great majority of the systems sold ended up gathering dust in closets or thrift store shelves as soon as the "big name game" draught began. I've had a great time with mine, I played most of the notable releases for it and I still occasionally boot it on parties, but that's about it. It was a good system, I just wish that it wasn't so underpowered in comparison to the PS3/360 - perhaps then it'd see more high-end releases.

I don't mind a console being under-powered compared to the competition as long as there are developers willing to push the console for every bit of juice it has :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't mind a console being under-powered compared to the competition as long as there are developers willing to push the console for every bit of juice it has :)
See, the thing is, sometimes trying your earnest just isn't enough, and that's the case with the Wii. There were a few really impressive productions like Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 or The Conduit, but for the most part the system lacked the extra "kick" needed for proper support, including multiplatform titles. If I could play all my favourite titles on the Wii, I'd be a happy man... but unfortunately, many great ones flew right over it due to hardware limitations. ;)

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOOK!

http://kotaku.com/the-new-wii-u-gamecube-controllers-are-super-hot-1588991448

bch96zp151cvqe6saksc.jpg

b1qvfmemxagchmkfyr2c.jpg

qrlhvlc6hsmwe18mx3lu.jpg

double A batteries, LOOOOOOOl get real Nintendont. At least make them USB.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
That's great Nintendo, I like those new controllers, uh-huh.

...why are you making accessories for a console you've already discontinued instead of making them for your brand-new Wii U? You're not fooling me - that's a Classic Controller, I bet it'll work with the Wii. Why isn't it based on the Wii U Pro Controller instead? :rolleyes:

Then again, I should probably address that complaint to PDP since they're the ones making the controllers.

Well, I agree that the Wii Is on it's road to discontinued, but instead of lamenting people's crazy decisions..why not do our own crazy decisions and support THIS KICKSTARTER https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wavedash/the-wavedash-controller?ref=users

Id love at least 2 of each; 2 for the Wii U games that rarely support it (for some random reason) and 2 of the "clasics" so I can play my favorite Wii Games that support it (xenoblades....what, did you spect some smash there? well, maybe till smash 4 wii u it's alive)

that or you can complain to PDP...and try to advertise this kickstarter to get your 3 Wavedashes (or 4 if you don't like the Wii U Controller, for some reason)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Xabring Looks cool, although I'm tempted to think they'll be met with a Cease and Desist. They *are* using a copyrighted controller design, I'm worried that Nintendo might not like that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here you are complaining about shovelware when you support a certain company that released a demo for $30 or more.
I'm not complaining - I'm stating a fact. Wii support is being cut off, the system is discontinued and sells until stocks last as far as I know. It's the end of the line. :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here you are complaining about shovelware when you support a certain company that released a demo for $30 or more.
It's the truth though - all the Wii will get from now on is a bunch of shovelware. For all intents and purposes from a new games point of view it's dead.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm not complaining - I'm stating a fact. Wii support is being cut off, the system is discontinued and sells until stocks last as far as I know. It's the end of the line. :)

The majority of Wii's games are shit shovelware games but does it mean it's a bad console? No.

It has a good chunk of exclusive games and that's what the console is worth for me, and the reason I'll be picking up the Wii U GameCube controller whether it supports Wii Mode games or not, I want it nonetheless.

NES also has a turd of a catalogue but has classic games which are awesome and still hard to this day.

Reactions: Xabring

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The majority of Wii's games are shit shovelware games but does it mean it's a bad console? No.

It has a good chunk of exclusive games and that's what the console is worth for me, and the reason I'll be picking up the Wii U GameCube controller whether it supports Wii Mode games or not, I want it nonetheless.

NES also has a turd of a catalogue but has classic games which are awesome and still hard to this day.
I'm not saying that the Wii is a bad console - I own one. I'm saying that it's discontinued and releasing official accessories for it at this point is absolutely pointless - how can that be misconstruded? :rofl2:

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Xabring Looks cool, although I'm tempted to think they'll be met with a Cease and Desist. They *are* using a copyrighted controller design, I'm worried that Nintendo might not like that.

You worry too munch but I understand....they too.
Capturadepantalla2014-06-18150257_zps57d1f9d3.png
12345% AGREE with that. It's a inherent problem of good consoles in fact, they are not free of the poe's law or whatever it is called. but the good outweight the bad. So it's okay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1