Hacking Mighty Channels

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
IceIceBird, I know all about MC and I follow everything marc makes (he has quite a few apps btw)

The reason I posted about Triiforce is because hundreds if not a thousand or more people have made various things that work with Triiforce (r78 iirc) and not with MC.

Some of these people have made forwarder isos so they can view,sort and filter the games through a GX, WiiFlow or CFG interface. I myself don't care what any dev does in his free time, so if they make a change that stops things working for some I just find a workaround to get the same effect. However a lot of people either have no time to learn and redo things or would just post reporting problems.

Some would choose to stick with the older methods if they had to redo a lot, so I only suggested a possible win-win for those in that situation, which I'm not. I make my own unique mess
tongue.gif
I understod, I just wanted to inform him so that if he have some sparetime, and of course the desire / motivation to take a quick look. Who knows it may be an easy fix.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I want to prepare a new version for Mighty Channels.
Main reason is that I'm playing a bit with GX instructions (finally!) and I'd like to redo my small graphic functions into GX functions. This would mean the menu would run smoother and it could contain some animations.
However I can't promise anything. Anyway, if I have no time for getting ready the GX lib then I'll release another version that will be up-to-date to Triiforce changes, it will fix cheats (and make it easier and less confusing) and the garbled bar on 50hz.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Main reason is that I'm playing a bit with GX instructions (finally!) and I'd like to redo my small graphic functions into GX functions. This would mean the menu would run smoother and it could contain some animations.
However I can't promise anything. Anyway, if I have no time for getting ready the GX lib then I'll release another version that will be up-to-date to Triiforce changes, it will fix cheats (and make it easier and less confusing) and the garbled bar on 50hz.

Thats great news marc_max, anything you give us is great! Thanks for your work!

Any chance you can base it off the latest mod that allows cache and scrolling etc? that would be great

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
Good news
wink.gif
especially now when this thread was created. Maybe now we can get everything working once and forever
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
marc_max said:
Thank you for considering to update your App, sounds awesome what you have planed
smile.gif

Also: Would be nice if we could theme the pointer(s), I've used the image from the source code, themed it and placed it with the other images, but the changes didn't get applied
frown.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm willing to test
tongue.gif
;most of my work is done at night since i got a day job LoL

QUOTE said:
I'm just curious at heart and the more I know, I feel the more I can help
smile.gif
thanks again for your time and effort
tongue.gif

• What is/are GX instructions?
    What is mighty channels using instead of GX instrcutions?
    By your quote "that will be up-to-date to Triiforce changes" does this mean compatibility with ISO made by WAD2ISO?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
kylster said:
Hey I'm willing to test
tongue.gif
;most of my work is done at night since i got a day job LoL

QUOTE said:
I'm just curious at heart and the more I know, I feel the more I can help
smile.gif
thanks again for your time and effort
tongue.gif

• What is/are GX instructions?
    What is mighty channels using instead of GX instrcutions?
    By your quote "that will be up-to-date to Triiforce changes" does this mean compatibility with ISO made by WAD2ISO?
GX are the instructions that use the GPU to render graphics. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation.

I still have a MC beta from last year that used GRRLIB and seemed to work perfectly. However, in ML was driving me nuts because some games stopped working, and when I solved that bug another weird one appeared. Finally I gave up and decided to return back to the old-fashion pnglib that looked worse but didn't give any problem. I decided to write my own functions to manage the graphics using pnglib, and later become an small group of graphical functions that I called MRC. ML was the only one giving problems and MC still seemed to work perfectly, but I also 'downgraded' it to the GUI it has now because I didn't want more surprises.
I have been playing last week with lower-level native GX functions, and I wanted to try to apply them in MC/ML, but I'm getting similar problems again. I know that maybe they are very silly problems and easy to fix, but I'm just a beginner using GX and it could take more time than I would like. So it will stay like it is now. I have more free time than last months but I want to spend it in other projects.

Right now I'm fighting with ocarina cheats. And it's harder than I thought.
I tried to fix it but now I discovered that I can't also get ocarina codes working on original Triiforce. I only tried VC Megaman 3 PAL with all hooks and no luck. I'll try other games later.
Anyone got Triiforce ocarina cheats working in the past? Can you tell me what games work and perhaps send me the .gct file?

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Triiforce r86 is working loading vc on emulated nand(full dump).

1942 arcade E52E cheat file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bts2faakpn3bay0

File is placed in root:/codes/E52E.gct as I'm using Accio Hacks.

When I use mighty channels I get:
"failed to load fat:/config/mighty/cheats" "no [sd/usb] cheats found"

Triiforce r86 the codes work off an emulated nand.

What do you need me to test? and how? I'm all for getting this fixed.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I no longer have the .gct but Final Fantasy The After years using using Triiforce MRC (usb version) even grabbed some codes off geckocodes forums i believe that were not available in download via homebrew and they worked.

Also that you marc for the info about GX instructions along with the history I understand it a little more. Kind of makes you appreciate your work a little more when you understand the headaches it caused.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DEFIANT said:
Triiforce r86 is working loading vc on emulated nand(full dump).

1942 arcade E52E cheat file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bts2faakpn3bay0

File is placed in root:/codes/E52E.gct as I'm using Accio Hacks.

When I use mighty channels I get:
"failed to load fat:/config/mighty/cheats" "no [sd/usb] cheats found"

Triiforce r86 the codes work off an emulated nand.

What do you need me to test? and how? I'm all for getting this fixed.

And if you put the codes into /config/mighty/cheats ?

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's where there at too. Sorry, forgot to mention that. On both SD and USB. I've tried running mighty channels off of SD, loading cheats off of USB [MC on SD - cheats on USB. Also vise versa [MC on USB - cheats on SD].

both devices have this folder/subfolder setup:
Root:/config/mighty/cheats/E52E.gct.

Maelstrome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running mighty channels from an sd card. its reading the nand from the sd card but its not showing anything thats only on the sd card.

ive been looking through the thread for some time now and cant figure it out. any ideas to where ive gone wrong?

help would be greatly appreciated.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maelstrome said:
im running mighty channels from an sd card. its reading the nand from the sd card but its not showing anything thats only on the sd card.

ive been looking through the thread for some time now and cant figure it out. any ideas to where ive gone wrong?

i'm guessing what you're trying to say is that you have a NAND on the card (which MC is reading), but MC is not reading the .wad files you have on the card; is that correct?

...the VC/WW games you're trying to run must be installed to the NAND on the SD card....(just like you would if you were to play them from your real NAND)....

just use showmiiwads (it's a PC program)....easy

Maelstrome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
Maelstrome said:

i'm guessing what you're trying to say is that you have a NAND on the card (which MC is reading), but MC is not reading the .wad files you have on the card; is that correct?

...the VC/WW games you're trying to run must be installed to the NAND on the SD card....(just like you would if you were to play them from your real NAND)....

just use showmiiwads (it's a PC program)....easy

i have installed them with showmiiwads. the only wads that are showing up are wads that ive also installed on the wii original nand.

i can even delete wads and reinstall them on my sd card but if i hadnt installed them on the wii then they dont appear. im also not getting any error messages.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I can't find a way to make cheats work on Triiforce or Triiforce mrc. Well... The original Triiforce even don't boot, it crashes when I select USB NAND.

Can anyone send me a PAL game cheats .gct file that work? 1942 NTSC doesn't boot on my PAL NAND.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
I can't find a way to make cheats work on Triiforce or Triiforce mrc. Well... The original Triiforce even don't boot, it crashes when I select USB NAND.

Can anyone send me a PAL game cheats .gct file that work? 1942 NTSC doesn't boot on my PAL NAND.

Hmm, did you try the latest version of TriiForce?
http://code.google.com/p/triiforce/source/...n%2Ftrunk%2FHBC

As far as i know MC has a better HDD detection, but only if the FAT partiton is not the 1st one. Or did you add more improvements?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j