Metroid: Samus Returns announced for 3DS

image.jpeg

Nintendo isn't out of announcements, even after their Spotlight, it seems, as a new game was revealed during their Treehouse. Metroid: Samus Returns is a reimagining of the 1991 title Metroid II: Return of Samus.

Developer MercurySteam will be handling the game, and are known for developing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It'll release on Semptember 15.

D

Deleted User

I imagine that's for the video capture.
It's probably one of Nintendo's test units and that is a debugger that allows you to see what is on screen while things are happening. Or nintendo has a method of extracting graphics using a CTR card...

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really cool. I'm a bit wary of what the final quality will be like as it's not a Nintendo-developed game, but still excited anyway. Federation Force was actually a really well made game and wasn't developed by a first party studio either, so that's hopeful. In fact, if Nintendo had announced this game before FF was released, I don't think it would have received any of the ridiculous and totally unjustified level of hate given to it. Nintendo is generous indeed to reward their fanbase of screaming toddlers.

Last edited by coinblock,

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get in to AM2R and I only got a couple hours in on my Gameboy copy of Metroid 2 ( I did beat back when it launched) I recently bought.

This looks really awesome. I am hoping it looks good in 3D and controls well.\

Zero Mission is my favorite Metroid and ecstatic to see 2D Metroid isn't dead!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So that's the reason why the killed the fan project?

Well.. I'm very excited to be honest. Looks fantastic.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh, I'm more hyped for this than Prime4.
I watched the full presentation for this, and was initially sceptical (given MercurySteams involvement), but I was honestly very impressed with everything I saw.
I'm not much of a fan of special editions, but I'll probably pre-order the one that's been announced for the UK:
While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook®, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.*
...just a shame that it doesn't also include one (or both) of the amiibo's.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*groan* So much games I want to get! Two Pokemon on 3DS, Mario and Luigi remake on 3DS, DragonBall Fighter Z, and this game. Too much plan for pre-order. :wacko:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a part of me that is super cynical about this. But another where I'm glad to finally have Metroid 2 in a playable form. Trying to play the original on game boy, and later on 3ds virtual console, is just painful. It sorely missed what made super Metroid legendary. And how much super evolved the game. At least now, u have a chance of being able to play through it properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-