Metroid Prime Federation Force announced for 3DS

met.PNG

Check out the trailer for the latest game in the Metroid series, exclusive to the 3DS.

Releasing 2016.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
where ddid you see that?
Eurogamer stated that next proper Metroid Prime game will "most likely" be on NX. Not confirming anything but speculating.
And it kinda makes sense seeing how Nintendo slowly seems to abandon the Wii U. Wouldn't be surprise if the Next Legend of Zelda and Metroid Prime game was a NX launch title.
And at this point I really feel bad for early Wii U adopters.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Eurogamer stated that next proper Metroid Prime game will "most likely" be on NX. Not confirming anything but speculating.
And it kinda makes sense seeing how Nintendo slowly seems to abandon the Wii U. Wouldn't be surprise if the Next Legend of Zelda and Metroid Prime game was a NX launch title.
And at this point I really feel bad for early Wii U adopters.
yeah... I'm one of those. Hopefully, hacking is our saviour.

D

Deleted User

I've been wanting a GF spinoff and a stereo 3D FPS, looks like I got those, and it even has co-op, but I just can't stand these graphics. Fix the graphics and the multiplayer and I will be happy.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime 4 is confirmed to be in development for the NX. You tards can stop whining now
They said 3 would be the last :|

I just want to know what this "NX console" is. It'll be interesting to see a 3rd video game system being sold along side with the 3DS and Wii U.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime 4 is confirmed to be in development for the NX. You tards can stop whining now
Um, no it wasn't. Tanabe (Metroid Prime's producer) simply confirmed that they're not currently working on what but that, if they did, it would take about three years, making an NX release most likely in that hypothetical situation. That doesn't "confirm" anything in the least.

opt2not

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh kewl a new DS game! When's the release date?

jokes aside. This is pathetic for a Metroid game.
You're pathetic for passing judgement on a game you haven't even played. Unless you did play it at E3? How were the controls? Was the multiplayer fun? Can you actually bring any substance to your opinion?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're pathetic for passing judgement on a game you haven't even played. Unless you did play it at E3? How were the controls? Was the multiplayer fun? Can you actually bring any substance to your opinion?
Just from looking at it, you can tell it's not going to be a good Metroid game. Keyword there is Metroid. As a game by itself, it looks like a cute little multiplayer game for 3DS. The problem is, the name Metroid has very specific gameplay style and atmosphere associated with it. By attaching the Metroid name to it like that, it automatically creates expectations. Is it foolish for us to be annoyed and judge it harshly from the name itself? Probably, but people are rarely purely logical. If they were, video games and a lot of media probably wouldn't exist. It adds to it since a lot of us have been itching for a new decent Metroid game but haven't really had one for about eight years.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Metroid always was dark, mature and subtle.
This game doesn't look like any of that.
On paper the concept of this game sounds awesome.
In the execution not. Can we stop shitstorming now? yes? good.

opt2not

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just watched the play-through on the Nintendo Treehouse stream. They played two co-op levels, and I gotta say, it looked really fun!
Not at all like what they showed with Blastball (they really shouldn't have used Blastball as their first look of the game, 'cause the main campaign looks a ton better).
It reminded me of doing dungeon raids in MMO's where you need to coordinate with your friends, and complement each other's loadouts.
Even though it doesn't have Samus, from those two levels they showed, I actually got the feeling that it is still the same Metroid Universe. It was cool to see two totally different worlds, one of snow, the other that looked like Chozo ruins.

The weapon loadouts looked interesting too. I saw a shield-generator, healing packs, Missiles, super missiles, decoy pods, and there was a stun weapon that slowed down the big enemies.

They talked a bit about the controls too, and it looked like the guys playing it got it right off the bat. The fine-aiming lock-on feature looks pretty good, and if it feels like the Prime controls then I'm sold.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You're pathetic for passing judgement on a game you haven't even played.

Seeing it is more than enough. This looks like a very generic 1st person robot game that should've been released for the DS but somehow they only remembered to release it, not in 2015 but 2016. It'll be terrible but if they improve the visuals then it could be a bit better.

Btw, how do you think people make their minds when buying Nintendo games? Surely not thanks to demos because for the most part they're not made available.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing it is more than enough. This looks like a very generic 1st person robot game that should've been released for the DS but somehow they only remembered to release it, not in 2015 but 2016. It'll be terrible but if they improve the visuals then it could be a bit better.

Btw, how do you think people make their minds when buying Nintendo games? Surely not thanks to demos because for the most part they're not made available.
This. Creating a generic fps engine with nintendo DS physic in 2015 is pathetic, slapping "Metroid Prime" over it is dumb, and expecting it to be a success is delusional.

Reactions: Kioku and VMM

WiiFit_Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted a sequel to Metroid Prime Hunters. It was a great first person shooter and really showed off the Nintendo DS hardware at the time:

We need a first person shooter on the 3DS. No, Moon Chronicles doesn't count nor does Ironfall Invasion.

That was an amazing game! I remember first getting the Ds and it cane with the demo. Fast Forward a bit and next thing you know I'm having crazy 4 player battles locally and Wi-fi. Thr story couldnt of been better but thr multiplayer was the best. The graphics were amazing, the ranking system was great, being able to talk with your friends in the lobby and able to lobby games of survival, battle, nodes ect. This was by far nintendo's best fps multiplayer game.

Reading the comments i thought maybe it was a bit much. The. I looked at the video right away and was disgusted. They really are taking a step back. They could of made a metroid prime hunters 2. Instead they are deceiving the title with "metroid" in it and the characters and universe we all love is nowhere to be found. I can't believe they changed the character models to look like little toys.
They seriously could of improved on already a great game like hunters (which was ahead of its time).

Unreal.

Last edited by WiiFit_Guy,
Reactions: link6155

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I signed a petition to get them to cancel it. I seriously doubt they will, but I hope if enough people sign, they'll devote resources to a proper Metroid game.
For me the game is OK, just change the name.
Call it "Casualoid: The Shooter." and I'm OK with it.
But let's call it what it is.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
For me the game is OK, just change the name.
Call it "Casualoid: The Shooter." and I'm OK with it.
But let's call it what it is.
If they didn't put Metroid on the title, I might actually be interested. I just don't want them wasting resources on this when they haven't even announced a real Metroid game.

Hunters proved you don't even need Metroids for it to be a Metroid game. You need Samus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 2 hours on this file transfer lol