Metal Max 4 Gekkou no Diva translation project

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From speaking with the project lead, I was told a few weeks ago that the main translator stopped communicating, and that the translation was 90% complete. At that time they were looking for someone to help them complete the last 10%. So, it would appear that it is stalled.

Anyone that wants to help or just wants to check out the Metal Max translation projects and games can join the translation projects discord:

discord.gg/twfm3vU

Last edited by Paralel,

Lakum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
From speaking with the project lead, I was told a few weeks ago that the main translator stopped communicating, and that the translation was 90% complete. At that time they were looking for someone to help them complete the last 10%. So, it would appear that it is stalled.

Anyone that wants to help or just wants to check out the Metal Max translation projects and games can join the translation projects discord:

discord.gg/twfm3vU
Could you as if they can release the 90% patch for now?

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you as if they can release the 90% patch for now?

I can say with certainty that the team lead would never let an incomplete patch be released. It will either get finished, or it will never see the light of day. They usually do an open beta test once the patch is considered feature complete in order to find any edge case bugs. This has been done with their previous translations.

The team lead indicated just last night that an announcement on the state of the MM4 translation will be made soon.

He also said that they are in need of some help from the community and will provide details on that soon as well.

As I mentioned before, if anyone wants to help out or wants to get the latest information that will be provided soon, please consider joining the Discord server:

discord.gg/twfm3vU

Last edited by Paralel,

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the latest from the project:

Ok I've finally found some time to do this, I'm so sorry I know many of you are waiting for fresh news about our Metal Max 4 translation, it's been a complex year for the project, maybe this isn't the best news or what you expected, but it is what it is.

The whole process of translating MM4 is quite a challenge, the game is the largest, probably the one with the most text in the saga, it also has the cinematics that we must translate and subtitle, all this in addition to the code modifications, graphics and others, It leads to tons of work that falls on the shoulders of a few, I think that to finish this project we will need more support from the community so I ask for your help and cooperation to try to solve the problems that delay and overwhelm us.

The hacking front is quite advanced thanks to the incredible abilities of <A member of the translation team> so we had that covered for now.

We continued working on the project but with no doubt the pace has slowed down for many reasons, <Another member of the translation team> did a great job translating the texts, but was unable to continue after we reached 91% completion, since then we have been trying to find a translator reliable and constant to finish translating, I must say unsuccessfully sadly.

The main fronts we're having trouble on right now are getting the translation of the script and in-game cutscenes completed and getting someone with the expertise to edit the subtitles once translated (Knowledge of Anime Fansub would help)

This is where the help of the community comes in. We asking you guys that if you don’t have the skills or the time to help yourselves just spread the word and if you know someone willing to help just DM me [on the Discord server] or let us know in any way. Any help, however small it may seem, will always be greatly appreciated. We count on you all.

--

As I mentioned above, if you have the talent to help, and want to see this project reach 100%, please consider contributing if you can. Also, if you want to stay up to date with the project, or just want to socalize with other Metal Max fans, also consider joining the Discord.

This is the link to the Discord server:

discord.gg/twfm3vU

• Love
Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.