Modifying the DSC Files of Hatsune Miku Project Mirai

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I was thinking that, just as a fun project, I would replace all the romaji subtitles in the game with kana ones. (I am learning Japanese and as a result, it is now easier for me to read kana vs romaj when it comes to reading in Japanese. Still not kanji yet, as I don't know enough.) I was looking through the game's files in GM9, and there was a database text file that suggested that all the song data for each song is stored in these DSC files within the "pv" folder located at the root of the game's romfs folder. I am unsure however how I would go about modifying these files though.

Any ideas on a tool I could use to achieve this? If a Linux-supported tool exists that'd be great! (I daily drive Linux.) But if there isn't, which wouldn't surprise me, if there is at the very least a windows tool available at all, I'd be more than happy to take it.

Thanks in advance!

If I have managed to completely overlook various pieces of literature out there that talk about how to mod the game feel free to let me know. All I could find though is a Github post from 2017 where a guy talked about a tool he made for modding Project Mirai that linked to a GitHub page that no longer exists.

Also if I am supposed to add a flair/tag somehow. I'm sorry but I can't figure out how.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Japanese region/language versions of the project mirai games have kana subtitles rather than romaji, so you could simply play those versions of the games if you're able to acquire them. Maybe you'd also be able to swap the subtitle files between the Japanese and localized version of Mirai 2 / DX without having to figure out how to edit them.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Japanese region/language versions of the project mirai games have kana subtitles rather than romaji, so you could simply play those versions of the games if you're able to acquire them. Maybe you'd also be able to swap the subtitle files between the Japanese and localized version of Mirai 2 / DX without having to figure out how to edit them.
Oh ok. I was suspicious that the Japanese version of the game might of had that option. Though I wasn't sure considering the audience I assumed this game was for. (Teen, considering how mature vocaloid songs can be at times.) But it's cool that they do in fact have the option in the game!
Post automatically merged:

Actually, do you happen to have a ballpark estimate of the whereabouts of that option is? I still suck at reading kanji, and I couldn't find the language kanji being used anywhere. Nor could I find an option regarding changing the game to kana-only mode with kana written in kana somewhere in its name either.

Last edited by LinusRG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto