Menudo released along with an apology.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
Got it! I got MENUdo working with the text bug fix applied and AKAIO 1.8.5a eating out of the palm of its hand. Uploading the new version to the MENUdo website. Will provide a link once it's published.

NOTE: This is only for the AceKard lineup of flash cards.

EDIT: It's up. Come and get it!
I love you

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Skyline969 said:
Got it! I got MENUdo working with the text bug fix applied and AKAIO 1.8.5a eating out of the palm of its hand. Uploading the new version to the MENUdo website. Will provide a link once it's published.

I love you

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:

You might want to add a link to the svn for the BrotherBand stuff http://menudo-brotherband.googlecode.com/ on your website.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gbatempfan1 said:
Skyline969 said:

You might want to add a link to the svn for the BrotherBand stuff http://menudo-brotherband.googlecode.com/ on your website.
Good idea. Aaaaaand done.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowEO said:
LightyKD said:
Rockstar said:
Press L
Click the Screen icon on the left
Choose DSi Theme
Press A

Thanks! I just like to have my things look uniformed! Having the XMB as my theme was kinda awkward. On a side note, The words for the DSi theme are a bit garbled. Im not sure if I have the latest version of MenuDo but that's how it is on the copy that I have. I'm not complaining but simply making notes. While I'm at it let me just list a few things

- Words tend to be a bit garbled in some areas. More so in the DSi Theme than on the XMB theme but I have yet to check out the others.

- Moonshell gives a DLDI error (I'm using a AceKard2i on my DSi)

- Sleep mode does not work (at least on a DSi) You get the conformation sounds when you open and close the unit but that's it. There's no blinking LED showing that your unit is sleeping and if you open your system a tiny bit, you can tell that the screens are on. On the plus, auto screen dimming (while the system is not in use) does work.

-When browsing your games, there tends to be "black spots" on the list. In the XMB theme, it's not so bad since the background is mostly black anywho and you can still see the white words. In the DSi theme you get moments of black sections where all you can see are the words for the games but nothing else.

-I cant figure out how to get to AKAIO. If I try to load it through the file browser it does one of two things, a) it gives me a white screen or b) it loads the last game I was trying to play (provided I tried to load a game fairly recently). Now In a way "B" is a really good thing for loading trouble games (kinda like a back door) but I can also see where this can be a pain after a while.

Other Thoughts

This app can honestly bring new life back to the generation 1 DS systems (DS, Lite, i, XL. I consider 3DS as gen 2 since 3DS games come on a totally new beast of a game card and the following iterations will more likely use the 3DS as a base just like how the Lite, i and XL used DS classic as a base). If you couple this app and its wifi features with some good themes (maybe a 3DS theme in the future) and a homebrew browser section (or call it a Homebrew shop for fun), this could really blow up into something amazing. Yes, sure, a lot of us are hyped about the 3DS system but I dont see any reason to kill off a good thing, especially with a breakthrough app like this hitting the scene!
Do you mind if I copy paste that for future reference to features that need added? I'm also not sure what's happening with your AKAIO, The sleep function had not been properly finished, The themes issues are memory problems and those will be a little time consuming to fix. Words Garbled, Again memory issues (The themes are actually pretty memory intensive (Especially my themes)). Uhh as for the MoonShell problem, I have never honestly ran into that problem, MSHL2 worked fine for me when I had been using it.

Go ahead and use my post for any research you need to do, ect. Like I said, that wasn't a list of complaints but just something I jotted down in hopes that it would help a programmer. Any testing that I can do to help the cause I'll gladly do. I'm thinking about re-formatting my card to see if that will fix Moonshell 2.10. Gotta clear out some space on my PC first to backup my files. I just want to see this program at its best. I think MenuDo will be the future on the DS systems.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor complaint: since I can't stand-alone boot AKAIO, I can't wifi update my usrcheat.dat. Minor minor minor complaint. Don't work on this before more important features.

Slightly less on-topic: Can't wait until the Cat Boy makes a theme or 2 for this.
smileipb2.png

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like skyline got it working on the latest AKAIO. If I recall correctly, there's a ys loader in the donor folder, so wood is whats left. I'll see what I could do with wood. Once done, I'll pack everything as well as a build that allows you to switch servers by changing a file.
Oh, btw I uploaded the recent fix wrong. It seems I uploaded akaio.nds instead of akmenu4.nds, if you guys cant wait for the next upload. You can fix this by renaming TTMENU.DAT to akmenu4.nds then dldipatch it using the dldi found in the _aio folder.

TehSkull said:
Minor complaint: since I can't stand-alone boot AKAIO, I can't wifi update my usrcheat.dat. Minor minor minor complaint. Don't work on this before more important features.
Hold B during rom launch.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TehSkull said:

Slightly less on-topic: Can't wait until the Cat Boy makes a theme or 2 for this.
smileipb2.png
Hold B when loading a rom?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
Looks like skyline got it working on the latest AKAIO. If I recall correctly, there's a ys loader in the donor folder, so wood is whats left. I'll see what I could do with wood. Once done, I'll pack everything as well as a build that allows you to switch servers by changing a file.
Oh, btw I uploaded the recent fix wrong. It seems I uploaded akaio.nds instead of akmenu4.nds, if you guys cant wait for the next upload. You can fix this by renaming TTMENU.DAT to akmenu4.nds then dldipatch it using the dldi found in the _aio folder.

TehSkull said:
Hold B during rom launch.

That was quick, thanks.
tongue.gif
And now that everything is working as it should, MENUdo is seeming like a sexy powerhouse. Now just one more test. Make sure Re: Coded works. Edit: Works.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
LightyKD said:
May we get a video please?
of an older build and very blurry but if you don't have access to a ds at the moment to try it then this will give you a look at the menu..

blueshockz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gifts.kudosnetwork.co.uk
XP
Country
United States
Offtopic: I smell Homebrew Bounty Winner.

This is a great homebrew btw. Is the Media Player working right now?where do i put my music?Do I create a folder named "music"?
I installed the latest menudo with 1.8.5 akaio..and its working deliciously....

Sonik121

Trophies
XP
Country
I was ecstatic the first time i ever found out about Menudo. I never helped but i waited patiently and offered my help to soulanger.
Menudo is a (pardon me) a fucking masterpiece of homebrew on the ds imo. I'm sure someone or some people will pick up the source code and continue this project to one day release it as the GamingOs soulanger hoped it would be.

You made promises that you couldn't keep yes, but this was something that was being done in your spare time for free. It was something everyone could use for no charge and admire and show off to their friends.
Hard times affect badly, recently my family went through hard times with our business being shut down for pretty much a year. So soulanger, i hope you get back on your feet soon and thank-you for releasing this to the community. It may not be tidy or finished but god damn it, its still fucking sexy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TehSkull said:
smileipb2.png
Once I figure out how to make themes for it, I will be porting over some of my favorite themes as well as making some new ones
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol