ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, I saw a CIA version of this and decided to try it out.
It wrote over my official MK7 copy (which was no problem, I used JKSave and everything was back to normal)

The skins are really nice the maps are beyond impressive. Now my question is how would I go about updating my version?

It's the 0.2 version, I just installed it directly to my homescreen (have A9LH idk if it matters)
Now I saw it all the way up to 0.61 already! also what is NTR version?
I'm adding cia support to the build tools, although it is unreliable. You can just install a normal MK7 cia. Then use NTR method with it. (Read the tutorial)

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm adding cia support to the build tools, although it is unreliable. You can just install a normal MK7 cia. Then use NTR method with it. (Read the tutorial)
I finished and have been playing it for a while now and you've done a sick job, a cool way to revamp a game I played out.

Is there any ways to add more cups instead of just switching them out, or are there like a specific amount of slots? would also be cool to implement the Smash way of switching skins to the characters and karts
Is there any way I can unlock golden kart and golden steering wheel? (without playing my life away)
Also how do you enable the NTR menu as seen in the 0.6 video ~2:00 min?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I finished and have been playing it for a while now and you've done a sick job, a cool way to revamp a game I played out.

Is there any ways to add more cups instead of just switching them out, or are there like a specific amount of slots? would also be cool to implement the Smash way of switching skins to the characters and karts
Is there any way I can unlock golden kart and golden steering wheel? (without playing my life away)
Also how do you enable the NTR menu as seen in the 0.6 video ~2:00 min?
It is possible, by editing the game code, but I don't have ANY experience in ASM, so someone clever will have to make that possible. (About NTR, press X+Y)

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
finally got it to build, the issue that occured was that devkitpro and python are installed into H instead of C. So i had to change the path myself. Could you take notes of that please @PabloMK7

Last edited by Ordim3n,

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone can help me please?

I have arm9loaderhax + LumaCFW 5.5 sysNAND 10.7

Tried to do both methods and it doesn't work.

HANS: After copy all contents of the "copytosd" folder, I can't see CTGP-7 on Homebrew Launcher.

NTR CFW: When I press Launch after start the CTGP-T cia, it gives me an error something about firmware is not supported.

I really want to play this hack :(

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone can help me please?

I have arm9loaderhax + LumaCFW 5.5 sysNAND 10.7

Tried to do both methods and it doesn't work.

HANS: After copy all contents of the "copytosd" folder, I can't see CTGP-7 on Homebrew Launcher.

NTR CFW: When I press Launch after start the CTGP-T cia, it gives me an error something about firmware is not supported.

I really want to play this hack :(
Common problems:
- No green flash after launching (or invalid firmware error), game starts unmodded: Your firmware version isn't compatible, if you are using a CFW, use this firmware.bin file instead of the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...