ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
There's not a lot of CT designers, we need more, so it might take a while to get as good as the Wii..
I actually hope the MK7 Scene remains smaller than the MKW Scene.
The more CT Designers, the worse the average quality of CTs are.

Look at MKDS, look at MKW, MKDS obviously has much fewer amount of CTs, but most of them are of much higher quality than MKW CTs are, despite the greater limitations and fewer Tools in/for MKDS.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually hope the MK7 Scene remains smaller than the MKW Scene.
The more CT Designers, the worse the average quality of CTs are.

Look at MKDS, look at MKW, MKDS obviously has much fewer amount of CTs, but most of them are of much higher quality than MKW CTs are, despite the greater limitations and fewer Tools in/for MKDS.
I agree completely, but just a few more wouldn't hurt. There's me, you, stewie, pablo, mk7tester, thezoroark, and probably like 2-4 people I'm missing.

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me out? Every time I try to extract the MK7 RomFS, I just get a file with numbers (I do know what it is), but its just a .cxi file when I use braindump. I have heard that is what braindump does now, but could you at least give me something that will extract the RomFS folder or convert the .cxi file to a RomFS?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I go on to HANS, and set the settings to Romfs to SD, it says the romfs are invalid. Can somebody help me out with this?
Don't use hans, use the shortcut, and if you followed a tutorial on other site, please try using the tutorial here.

Is it possible to mod character models?
Yep, if you add all the animations back

Can you help me out? Every time I try to extract the MK7 RomFS, I just get a file with numbers (I do know what it is), but its just a .cxi file when I use braindump. I have heard that is what braindump does now, but could you at least give me something that will extract the RomFS folder or convert the .cxi file to a RomFS?
Read FAQ at the first post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NTR CFW course manager is finished, expect a release *soon*

Screenshot

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing... Are we supposed to update by re-doing everything (except extracting the RomFS which I still have), or does it update through CTGP7, or even Just get an auto updater which you put into your 3DS on the 3ds folder to use through homebrew?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to download this, but Mario Kart 7 doesn't allow you to set your own rules and tracks when racing against the CPU, a feature I miss in this release that has been in DS, Wii, and 8. Is it possible to use hacks that allow you to do something similar?

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I turn on 3D the flag in the back gets screwed up. And yes I do know this is still in beta, so please don't be yelling at me about me not knowing it's still in beta even though I know. I'm just telling you just so you know...

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
One last thing... Are we supposed to update by re-doing everything (except extracting the RomFS which I still have), or does it update through CTGP7, or even Just get an auto updater which you put into your 3DS on the 3ds folder to use through homebrew?
You need to rebuild romfs, not extract.
I really want to download this, but Mario Kart 7 doesn't allow you to set your own rules and tracks when racing against the CPU, a feature I miss in this release that has been in DS, Wii, and 8. Is it possible to use hacks that allow you to do something similar?
Probably with layeredfs plugin.
When I turn on 3D the flag in the back gets screwed up. And yes I do know this is still in beta, so please don't be yelling at me about me not knowing it's still in beta even though I know. I'm just telling you just so you know...
lol, yes I know that glitch, but it is the way MK7 handles black fade.

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes me a minute, you should get a faster SD and/or SD adapter.
Actually, I use my internet to transfer the files (Takes an hour to download them from the internet and another hour to put into the 3DS). Thats probably why, although I am using my N3DS on the latest firmware. I am just too lazy to open the back and taking out the MSD and putting it into a MSD reader and then when I am done transferring I just do the steps backwards. It is just easier doing it through WIFI instead of doing those steps. :P

Last edited by ,

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any hints for when is the next update coming? I upgraded my 8GB MSD to a 16GB MSD because I used most of the memory.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also i'm not sure if your Spanish because you have a Spanish name. I can speak Spanish too.

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH YEAH, I just barley remembered that the N64 Rainbow Road track had a weird bug. This only happened one time to me, but I flew up and did like a sideways flip while I was going strait up and then it made me fall off the map even though I was at 1st. It sucked, but i'm just pointing it out because I do know that the creators of the map aren't working on it anymore and they do not have any more plans for it. It was just really funny, but either it was the maps fault or just some weird broken physics...

Last edited by ,

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be a good idea on a custom updater. All you have to do it put the RomFS or CXI file in a folder in the root of the SD card. Next, open up the updater to check for updates and check the current version of the game installed, then if there is an update it will download the files and will rebuild the RomFS in the 3DS. When it is done it should replace the rebuilt RomFS with the current RomFS. Well, you can make this if you want to or if you have the time for it. This would just help save some time. :P

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol