Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny [100% ENG Patch][Release]

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by WillTheLion, Jun 10, 2016.

1. WillTheLion
    OP

WillTheLion GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes. Latest version says v1.03 during the game's boot.

Hey Everyone!

Today I'd like to introduce you to the English Translation of the game:
    Maplestory: The Girl of Destiny (3DS):

[​IMG]

Current Progress: DONE (100% done)
    We'd like to present you with the awesome release trailer made by SoyAlexPop for us:

It's out now!

We have worked hard to translate this game for the fans of the Maplestory series to enjoy. Maplestory 3DS is similar to it's PC MMO counterpart but is unique because it has a full story-line focused on an original main character named Mugi. The game features advanced mechanics like environment pieces you can use to help solve puzzles or even as weapons to defeat your foes (things like rolling boulders, lightning storm clouds, etc.).

It's a lot of fun and as fans of the game series we want to help you all to be able to enjoy it too.

The Team:
    iser911 - New Lead Translator
    (translated 50+% of the game).
    WillTheLion - Project Coordinator, Translator & UI/GFX Text Editing
    DavidKang- Translator (helped with Korean text)
    Flyingsky - Text Translator and Tinkerer
    Liomajor - UI/GFX Text Editing and Cut-scenes
    Glitch - Text Translating + Cut-scenes
    Vague Rant - Proof Reader and Script Editor

Honorable Mentions:
    Sliter - Some Graphics
    Truner - Logo Art
    SoyAlexPop - Trailer Video
    IcySon55 - Hosting the Translation Discord

Download Translation Patch v1.03 + NTR Plugin for Easy Use:

Features cleaner subtitles, Korean dubbed videos, a new banner with the actual English logo. A small bug that caused the Chief of Leafre to have blank text boxes has been fixed.

Release time! All crashes and bugs fixed. All proofread and corrected. Also we found a new way to create the .ctpk image files that greatly lowered the file size and maintained 100% quality so the patch is now has much faster load times.Here's the links to the update:

New version 1.03 NTR patch: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/P0BGr8Ju/file.html

The crash was caused by our .ctpk taking up too much VRAM during the final boss because of how big and animated he is. He takes up lots of memory. This and all other bugs have been fixed. This in theory is the "definitive version".

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes.

Note to the player

Easiest way to use the patch
    NTR/HANS Instructions

Even though we've now translated 100% of the game, we still intend to refine this to make it better. We'll also fix any bugs or crashes if any come up. Please let us know of any problems you have and we'll happily fix them.​

Last edited by WillTheLion, Apr 3, 2017

2. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    This amazing! Good luck with the project.

WillTheLion likes this.
  3. proflayton123

proflayton123 just another user

Jan 11, 2016
    London
    Very excited, big fan of the MapleStory series :3

4. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ㊙️
    good to see this wappening finally xD good luck on the project! If need any help with imagem editing call me xD

5. Truner

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    That's an awful (and inconsistently positioned) font choice for those buttons on the bottom screen. Want some help with the graphics? I think I tried offering help in the previous thread, but no one seemed to care, maybe this time around? Give me some untouched textures and I can figure out something nice.

6. Flyingsky

Flyingsky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I sent you a PM with my skype to you, that you can talk with me, i can send it again if you don't have it anymore.

7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ㊙️
    oh hey I Have made this for a guy that asked me but never started the project (or at least never released it lol), If i'm not wrong, is for that mpple history, right?
    GAMEPLAYSCREEN4_JP.png
    You can use it if haven't made yet xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know that feel XD but how the graphics looks in the original? I haven't saw them

8. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I got a friend that's willing to translate material Japanese to English. All he asks is for it to be organized in Google sheet or dropbox and he will work on it. He does not want to be involved with packing and unpacking files.

9. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Hey that's really useful. Glad I hadn't done it yet. We can totataly use that. IT looks great.
    Also about the looks of the original: http://www.roms43.com/images/screenshots/40325_1392954609.jpg
    That's how they looked in Japanese. I just tried to copy them with a font that I thought matched the style.

We're using dropbox. I'll let you know more soon.

Sliter likes this.
  10. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ㊙️
    great! xD
    Oh .. so no objections here , it's pretty good, yes o3o maybe making it a bit thinner? but doesn't looks bad in comparision.
    If was me, maybe I would choose to use " confortaa" that is very similar XD

how do you edit your graphics? my was is cleaning the file (if needed lol) and using inkscape to add the text and effects. then rasterize... I like the result but this take me a lot of time, and I have no idea others ways better than this to do XD

Last edited by Sliter, Jun 11, 2016
  11. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    I clean up the images in Photoshop and then I make the new stuff with photoshop too. I use the layer styles on text to make the text have color and shape.

Here's images that still need done that haven't been if anyone wants to edit them. I wouldn't mind sharing the work. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7khxeu1im3mfyan/AAB5AOr6Sv8csKV68lUSsxIpa?dl=0

Edit: Here's some skinnied out ones. The middle one's are left unchanged for reference:

[​IMG]

Comfortaa (again middle icons aren't edited):

[​IMG]

Last edited by WillTheLion, Jun 11, 2016
    KaduPSE and Sliter like this.
  12. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ㊙️
    I see, comfotaa was almost the same XD but I think you can keep the one you where using, that was nice
    but I liked it more skinner, the font you was using

I need to learn the way you doo, looks faster for the +/- same result :B but I don't know how to use photoshop XD

13. WillTheLion
    OP

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for your opinion Sliter. I'm not sure if I prefer the skinnier or wider version more, but so far I like that first font best. We'll have to wait and see what Truner does (if he gets around to it).

We've been working hard on it guys! I think Flyingsky has most town names aka (zones) translated now. Map names still are yet to be done. I've taken a short break from graphic translating to do this:

[​IMG]

More images available here: http://imgur.com/a/EAmtf

I translated some medals and their requirements, lots of items and some item descriptions.

We're making good progress!

Sliter likes this.
  14. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Finally. The only thing I hope to see before 3DS end it life is this and Love Plus+ get translated, and now both of this happen.

There is nothing left to regret on 3DS for me now.

15. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    @WillTheLion @Flyingsky

He got all the pics in the dropbox translated. Also would you please put Glitch down as a translator to the team, he will continue to help as long as there's pictures to translate (and when he has free time.)

16. Flyingsky

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Wow much happened here and i didn't even read it x:
    Does he use skype? It would be nice if there was a way to contact him.
    I really appreciate the help, it's really needed.
    If he translates the pictures, then i can focus on the dialogues, it would speed up things.

I'm currently investigating what could cause the disappearing and cut off text, when you translate it, maybe it's some sort of character limit in the game?
    If so we would have a problem since i have just little programming knowledge. The files are in .gmm format, which is just a XML Document. Though i never had this happen in dialogueboxes, i was even able to add a newline to the dialogue when there originally was none. It's pretty weird...

17. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    Yay! Very exciting :)

18. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    I've tried to edit the settings in .gmm(xml) and created my own font, no change in max character limit, it will cut if it exceeds 32 letters :/

These are my current .png files i used, maybe some of them are usefull (fixed S_PAUSEMENU_icon_B_JP.png & S_Button_No_JP.png).

Attached Files:

• PNG.rar
      File size:
      569.3 KB
      Views:
  19. Flyingsky

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you for your help, the PNGs are helping us out a bunch!

I haven't figured out either what it could be, i even tried to replace the text from the header to the "</lock>" with the text of a dialogue file.
    There is no change at all if i do so, it still shows exactly the same.

20. itomchar

itomchar Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Peru
    This game is getting some love and I'm really happy about it. Gonna keep track of this project, good luck and tvm guys